2020 Gotham Classic | Syracusefan.com

2020 Gotham Classic

So we have

Georgetown at home
LSU at MSG
Some Big Ten team on the road most likely for ACC/Big Ten challenge

Interesting. I was led to believe we would be going to Atlantis in 2020. If the format is the same as 2019 this is a five team round robin tournament. So these 4 games plus Georgetown and the B1G Challenge would leave only 5 additional non-conference games. Two of those will be Cornell and Colgate leaving only three others to fill.

BC is in it this year and hosts all 4 games. Last year Notre Dame hosted all 4 games as well. Strange that an event called the Gotham Classic has the headline game in NYC for the first time in 2020?

Interesting. I was led to believe we would be going to Atlantis in 2020. If the format is the same as 2019 this is a five team round robin tournament. So these 4 games plus Georgetown and the B1G Challenge would leave only 5 additional non-conference games. Two of those will be Cornell and Colgate leaving only three others to fill.

BC is in it this year and hosts all 4 games. Last year Notre Dame hosted all 4 games as well. Strange that an event called the Gotham Classic has the headline game in NYC for the first time in 2020?

However, is the Gotham Classic an exempt tournament where all 4 games count as just 1 of the maximum 31 we can schedule? It was when Notre Dame participated.

However, is the Gotham Classic an exempt tournament where all 4 games count as just 1 of the maximum 31 we can schedule? It was when Notre Dame participated.

The 31 game limit INCLUDES exempt tournament games. You can play either 29 regular season games or 27 plus no more thn 4 in an exempt tournament. That's why you see so many of these tournaments schedule the initial games on campus. Get participants to 4 games without reducing the number of home games they can have.

I did not know we were in for Atlantis again. 2021 would be Buddy’s senior year (and maybe Jimmy’s graduate year) so that would make sense. Where did this talk come from?

l5vr0zOp_bigger.jpg

Jeff Goodman

✔@GoodmanHoops

Sources: 2020 Battle of Atlantis

Duke
Ohio State
West Virginia
Utah
Texas A&M
Wichita State
Creighton
TBD

l5vr0zOp_bigger.jpg

Jeff Goodman

✔@GoodmanHoops

Sources: 2020 Battle of Atlantis

Duke
Ohio State
West Virginia
Utah
Texas A&M
Wichita State
Creighton
TBD
ehhh that's a meh field, glad we aren't in it next year.

I did not know we were in for Atlantis again. 2021 would be Buddy’s senior year (and maybe Jimmy’s graduate year) so that would make sense. Where did this talk come from?

What do you mean by Jimmy's graduate year? Assuming he doesn't redshirt in the next two seasons, he will have exhausted his college eligibility by Spring 2021.

What do you mean by Jimmy's graduate year? Assuming he doesn't redshirt in the next two seasons, he will have exhausted his college eligibility by Spring 2021.

Which is why I said maybe.

If he transfers after this coming season and comes to Syracuse to play with his brother and for his dad in his dads final season. Makes perfect sense to me.

If he transfers after this coming season and comes to Syracuse to play with his brother and for his dad in his dads final season. Makes perfect sense to me.

So he's gonna bail on his teammates at Cornell to come to Syracuse and sit out a season and then ride the pine for his final year?

So he's gonna bail on his teammates at Cornell to come to Syracuse and sit out a season and then ride the pine for his final year?

How many players "bail" on their teammates a year?

To spend two years with his dad and brother? Why not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom