2020 MLL Season | Syracusefan.com

2020 MLL Season

Powellfan

All American
Lots of interesting MLL news recently. Liam Banks steps down from the Blaze and the team is moving to Philadelphia (Banks is based in Atlanta). Wonder if March will continue coaching in the pros? Rumors on Twitter state lots of MLL players are leaving for PLL.

The Blaze stadium locations were far from ideal.

I did make the trip to Kennesaw when the Orangemen played there, including the 4+(?) hour ACC Championship win over Duke. Last year it was in downtown Atlanta. I would expect most of the local lax community to be in the northern suburbs.
I see that the PLL will be playing somewhere in the Atlanta area in June. I’m going to guess that Kennesaw may be the venue, but we’ll see..

The PLL n MLL have postponed their starts but their seasons were set to run concurrently so wouldn't the best players play in PLL and MLL wasting some these picks?
Dont get this writeup ,cant fathom how IL labels Evancik the most solid defensive prospect in draft over Mellen. Terps Bernhardt sprinted by him from X without picks for 4 goals none more than five feet out . Mellen had a few mediocre games but nothing like that.. Also how is Helmer not listed as a potential target rather some of these marginal talents. Maybe the MLL should postponed their draft if they have no clue who is available or not

Mellen officially announced moving on and also registered for MLL draft portal. So many other graduating seniors with additional eligibility have either not made their intent known or have placed themselves into college transfer portal with uncertain chances of landing.
Mellen should be a definite MLL first round pick because of his talent but also because he took concrete steps. The MLL not publishing a registered list for MLL draft portal suggests it is very shallow in top players being registered and the pool is diluted because of current uncertainties. Some of the names mentioned as first round picks will likely never play in MLL as they will return to college or play in PLL/NLL. Wonder if Mellen will also place himself in PLL college draft or start in MLL in 2020 before later considering entering PLL player entry draft as many former MLL top tier players have.

Mellen officially announced moving on and also registered for MLL draft portal. So many other graduating seniors with additional eligibility have either not made their intent known or have placed themselves into college transfer portal with uncertain chances of landing.
Mellen should be a definite MLL first round pick because of his talent but also because he took concrete steps. The MLL not publishing a registered list for MLL draft portal suggests it is very shallow in top players being registered and the pool is diluted because of current uncertainties. Some of the names mentioned as first round picks will likely never play in MLL as they will return to college or play in PLL/NLL. Wonder if Mellen will also place himself in PLL college draft or start in MLL in 2020 before later considering entering PLL player entry draft as many former MLL top tier players have.

I beleive Mellen would sign a contract with the MLL, so I don't know how quickly he could ditch them for the PLL. Seems strange to have two competeing lacrosse leagues when neither one can draw many fans to a game. I think most players want to play in the PLL, but there are only so many roster spots and players like Mellen might want to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Ament has made it clear he is PLL bound, but no word from other players.

My understanding is that it seemed like last year the MLL had an idea of which players wanted to play for them, and which didn't, hence Alex Woodall being the number one draft pick. Now with the uncertainty of if games will even be played this year, who might go back to school, who would rather play with the PLL, it has to be a headache. I was hoping the draft(s) would shed some more light on who was coming back and who wasn't, but it seems like guys are still keeping their options open.

MLL still has some very good players. It just seems like a staring contest between the two league to see who will merge with who. PLL coming to fruition forced MLL to step up its game in terms of player compensation, but there is no doubt which league is more appealing right now.

Makes sense . Mellen could become one of the featured players of a MLL team whereas he'd problably be one of many solid players in PLL.

I could see Mellen going to Connecticut with the second pick. At least the first round will be interesting.

MLL has some good players but several top players have defected to PLL and the NCAA adding another year of eligibility stems the usual pipeline of good college talent in this draft. Expecting a weak draft with most beyond the first two rounds having abbreviated stints. Tough time for all businesses and start ups, the NLL has its distinctive game and established audience, the PLL has its backers and superior talents. Last thing MLL needed was a shallow draft

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom