2020 NYS Fair | Syracusefan.com

2020 NYS Fair

Does extending the Fair benefit the taxpayers? This seems like a waste of money, the fair’s long enough imo.

All this will do is offer people in the Syracuse area another day to go. I would love to see real numbers on how many attendees A)actually pay and B) stay overnight and just don't drive in and leave.

This feels like the answer to a question no one asked. 5 additional days feels like overkill.

This feels like the answer to a question no one asked. 5 additional days feels like overkill.
Gonna be a year long, pretty soon. Just stupid. This is another example of Andy have no sense of economics. Daily numbers will dip, but costs will be greater, due to labor.

Mr. Flavor of the week

Fair officials are also working on a new ticket pricing plan that eliminates dollar days and instead offers one uniform price for most fairgoers, Waffner said.

“Our goal is to stabilize the price of tickets,” Waffner said. “Believe me, we’re not increasing the price.”

The general admission price at the door for adults is $10, or $6 in advance. But in recent years, Cuomo has announced special discounted days once the fair gets going. It’s a bargain for some fairgoers yet irksome to others who’ve already bought their $6 ticket.

“We’re still working out the math on it,” he said, adding the details would be available soon. None of the days that offer free admission for seniors, youth, law enforcement, veterans or others would change, he said.

So now football has to compete with the fair for two weekends instead of one

Cuomo’s sabotaging Dino...

So now football has to compete with the fair for two weekends instead of one

August 21 - Sept 7.

Since Labor Day is Sept 7, and since we don't play any games in Week 0 or Week Before 0, you're not missing anything.

Nightmare
I don’t care either way, but it is nice for amp and Chevy court shows.
A lot of other major fairs in our country actually go 21 days. We’re not alone, and it could be worse.

The Great New York State Fair will be more affordable than ever in 2020 as admission tickets will cost $3 when purchased online and $5 at the gate, the lowest price since 1990 and a significant drop from the pricing of $6 before the Fair and $10 during the run of the Fair that has been in place since 2005. The Fair will maintain its variety of free and low-cost admission days for certain groups and children age 12 and under will continue to be admitted free of charge.

not sure the value of buying $2 tickets now when they will only be $3 in 5 months.

not sure the value of buying $2 tickets now when they will only be $3 in 5 months.

$12 today gets you 6 admissions.

$12 in a month only gets you 4 admissions.

and if something happens and you dont end up going you eat that. the value of the old way where it was $5 vs $10 it makes sense.. But even then I seldom bought the early admissions for less than $5 because stuff happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom