2020 odds | Syracusefan.com

2020 odds

PauliePeppas

Hall of Fame
06A225F8-FADB-446E-9CD6-DC1EB6D6850A.jpeg

Last edited:
The odds are good, but the goods are odd.

A quick count shows 20 schools with lower odds. About a six seed. Do we sign up for it now or do we take what's behind door #3.

Based upon the odds, Michigan is probably the best bet with Oregon as a longer shot.

would be shocking if any of the following won a title but based on the odds, I like the following longshots' chances of at least making some noise: washington (100-1), usc (100-1) georgetown (500-1...they aren't going to win it but 500 is too much) memphis (200/1) notre dame (500/1) pittsburgh (1000-1) ucla (100-1) colorado (300-1)...if any of these teams make a deep run...you can then hedge your bet...

teams i like for next year without odds considerations: michigan, villanova, kansas, louisville

60 to 1 seems awfully low to me for a team losing at least 3 and probably 4 starters & relying on a roster of 9 underclassmen only 1 of whom got a lot of high leverage time. those odds have to based primarily on name recognition, right?

Why the love for Virginia or is it the after tourny honeymoon? It's just one year removed from being the 1st #1 seed to lose to a 16.

60 to 1 seems awfully low to me for a team losing at least 3 and probably 4 starters & relying on a roster of 9 underclassmen only 1 of whom got a lot of high leverage time. those odds have to based primarily on name recognition, right?

Yeah, we should be at least 100 to 1.

I'm surprised too. I agree with SUFan44 that we should be more in the 100-1 range. Odds have us 6th in the ACC which could be fairly correct though. Like this year, there will be many weak ACC teams. Whether SU can beat them like we did this year is more iffy next year. So much turnover on the roster and so many players of unknown potential -- both returning players and new players.

I'm surprised we aren't 100 to 1. Washington at 100 to 1 is pretty good. If they land Jaden McDaniels they will be a top 10 team I would think. That might be a risk worth taking.

Washington, Seton Hall (with Powell) are great bets at the moment. Same with Memphis if they get Quionenes and Watford to go along with Wiseman thats very possible

I just saw our ACC schedule for 2019-2020. Games home and away against Pitt, BC, GT, Notre Dame, Virginia, and Virginia Tech. Home games against Duke, UNC, NC State, and Wake. Away games against Clemson, Florida State, Louisville and Miami.

Probably the easiest schedule in the league, or at least close to it.

These early odds look like they're based on name recognition ("brand" if you will) more than anything.

would be shocking if any of the following won a title but based on the odds, I like the following longshots' chances of at least making some noise: washington (100-1), usc (100-1) georgetown (500-1...they aren't going to win it but 500 is too much) memphis (200/1) notre dame (500/1) pittsburgh (1000-1) ucla (100-1) colorado (300-1)...if any of these teams make a deep run...you can then hedge your bet...

teams i like for next year without odds considerations: michigan, villanova, kansas, louisville
man memphis up to 35/1...that 200/1 was a steal

Sports Betting News and Vegas Odds

Based upon the odds, Michigan is probably the best bet with Oregon as a longer shot.

Ducks have lost everyone but Pritchard King is staying in the draft and Wooten isn't returning either.

Pac 12 teams have no luck with early entries its the reason the conference is so weak the only school with any luck has been UW since Hop arrived.

Not shocked on that Memphis movement.

If Penny's kid is any good and they get solid guard play thats a top 10 team. Forwards are loaded.

I just saw our ACC schedule for 2019-2020. Games home and away against Pitt, BC, GT, Notre Dame, Virginia, and Virginia Tech. Home games against Duke, UNC, NC State, and Wake. Away games against Clemson, Florida State, Louisville and Miami.

Probably the easiest schedule in the league, or at least close to it.

That looks like a 9-11 record in the ACC, maybe 18-19 wins overall.

That looks like a 9-11 record in the ACC, maybe 18-19 wins overall.
The ACC has lost a lot of top players. Hopefully the Italy trip gives a head start in helping our guys jel. It's crazy even trying to project at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom