2020 Ottawa Bluesfest | Syracusefan.com

2020 Ottawa Bluesfest

Okay, so I can tell from all the "likes" and views that this thread is gaining tremendous amounts of traction already, just nip things in the bud, I'm going to answer some FAQs I've received, or anticipate receiving:

FAQ:

Q: This is Bluesfest? Are there any notable blues acts?

A: There is no blues at Bluesfest. Silly question. There is lots of alcohol and other acts performing, like Nelly...There is also this guy (pictured below), Marco Benevento, and he look a bit like Kid Rock, so there is that too.
1582984653042.png

Q: Where is Ottawa?
A: Well, Cowtown, Ottawa is the Capital of Canada and home to professional hockey team the Ottawa Senators. If you drive up I-81 and follow the Tim Horton's you should be there in 3 hours from pretty much any starting point.

Q: Do you use American currency up there?
A: In Canada they have their own money, but do accept USD. Also, the money is differentiated by colors, not denomination, so you pay by color. They do put numbers on the money to help foreigners as well though.

For example, if you're buying a shirt, it will cost two purples and a green. (That's $40 CAD)

1582985198158.png

Q: Do I have to like REAL maple syrup to enjoy a trip to Ottawa?
A: You don't have to, but it helps. I happen to like Aunt Jemima, I get laughed at a lot, and people point, but they're not going to kick you out of the country for it.

Q: If you commit a crime up there, what happens?
A: Nobody knows yet. The crime rate is still 0%.

I'll try to keep answering questions as they arise!

Okay, so I can tell from all the "likes" and views that this thread is gaining tremendous amounts of traction already, just nip things in the bud, I'm going to answer some FAQs I've received, or anticipate receiving:

FAQ:

A: There is no blues at Bluesfest. Silly question. There is lots of alcohol and other acts performing, like Nelly...There is also this guy (pictured below), Marco Benevento, and he look a bit like Kid Rock, so there is that too.
View attachment 177311

A: Well, Cowtown, Ottawa is the Capital of Canada and home to professional hockey team the Ottawa Senators. If you drive up I-81 and follow the Tim Horton's you should be there in 3 hours from pretty much any starting point.

A: In Canada they have their own money, but do accept USD. Also, the money is differentiated by colors, not denomination, so you pay by color. They do put numbers on the money to help foreigners as well though.

For example, if you're buying a shirt, it will cost two purples and a green. (That's $40 CAD)

View attachment 177313

A: You don't have to, but it helps. I happen to like Aunt Jemima, I get laughed at a lot, and people point, but they're not going to kick you out of the country for it.

So, you actually prefer high fructose corn syrup and caramel coloring to 100% genuine maple syrup?

This tends to explain many of your posts. ;)

^ ^ ^ Canadian shade being thrown here ^ ^ ^

He's not wrong. :(

Once we get nice things, we trade them for the hope of having nice things again in the future. They're run pretty amateurishly.

Let that, nor the LRT (Ottawa's attempt at a light rail) reflect poorly upon Bluesfest!!!!

FAQ:

View attachment 177311

View attachment 177313

Awesome post! Have to mention that I saw the Benevento-Russo duo at the Syracuse beerfest many years ago. I'm one of 7 people in America that owns their cd.

Awesome post! Have to mention that I saw the Benevento-Russo duo at the Syracuse beerfest many years ago. I'm one of 7 people in America that owns their cd.

Adios! :)

If that's true, then you win a free night's stay at my deluxe apartment in Ottawa!!!! *

I mean, I'll likely be there, and my cat too, probably my GF, but we have an extra room - and it's really nice. You can see in my window in this picture - and those fireworks happen all throughout July**, so there's a good chance, you get to see them!

It sounds like we have one attendee! Who else is in!

1583022628859.png

* If you come up to see this Benevento character - not just whenever you want

** The fireworks actually happen all throughout August, every Wed and Sat, but I'm trying to sell this thing, so please don't be upset if there are no fireworks

There is no blues at Bluesfest. Silly question.
no blues ? so if i go to pamplona to see the running of the bulls what am i gonna see ?

3096312958_511f095912_b.jpg

(last trip to ottawa i stayed at THE ARC. great spot. a little walk to city center but worth it)

Last edited:
so if i go to pamplona to see the running of the bulls what am i gonna see ?

(last trip to ottawa i stayed at THE ARC. great spot. a little walk to city center but worth it)

First, I have no idea why anyone would go to Pamplona, when Ottawa, the hidden gem of Canada, and the nation's capital, is so close by!

When you come visit, take a stroll on up to Quebec City - the cutest darn place in all of North America!

1583117049348.png

Second, I've gone in for drinks there a few times (The ARC). It's nice little spot - rarely busy, at least when I've gone during the week.
Ottawa's city center is baffling. They have done a very poor job of making downtown a thriving area on weekends - but it really has so much potential. The stupid Government owns a lot of the real estate and just lets it sit vacant.

Third, let none of that stand in the way of your attendance at the WORLD'S GREATEST MUSIC FESTIVAL, 2020 Ottawa Bluesfest!

See you there!!!!!

my mother is from quebec. still have family there. and if you want to see a good show check out ROSE COUSINS at the NAC this weekend ($30-50 can) . she's one of my current favourites. (but a bit bluesy )

db49520b9b294b71b652b2d0a84db95f

new album released last month.

Last edited:
my mother is from quebec. still have family there. and if you want to see a good show check out ROSE COUSINS at the NAC this weekend ($30-50 can) . she's one of my current favourites. (but a bit bluesy )

The NAC is literally a 483 second walk from Quebec! Maybe I'll go...unlikely unless my GF comes to town though. If I do, I expect to see your family! I suppose I won't know them, but in my heart, I'll know they're there.

I like Quebec - growing up I feel like everyone in NY made it sound like they were all rude af, and they may be a bit less friendly in more rural parts, but Montreal/QC - never had an issue at all.

After everyone is done watching this Miles Davis documentary (highlighted in the thread below), I know you're going to be thirsting for some blues:

If you're so inclined, you should look up North America's greatest Bluesfest! Ottawa Bluesfest 2020! With such renowned blues artists as - Nelly!

1583290876282.png

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom