2020 Preseason ... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Preseason ...

Being reported over on Fan lax that Jack Rapine has left the team for Hopkins. Enormous blow to a team that was already trying to replace Foley who didn't get another year. Hopkins defensively had major question marks before this news, big blow.

Being reported over on Fan lax that Jack Rapine has left the team for Hopkins. Enormous blow to a team that was already trying to replace Foley who didn't get another year. Hopkins defensively had major question marks before this news, big blow.

Oh boy, as if there wasn't already enough angst on that Hopkins thread. This just might put some of those posters over the edge.

Might be totally wrong but this could be ultimately good for Hopkins who really needs an excuse to bring in some new blood on Defense. Rapine, Kuhn, Daniel Jones, and even Foley did not impress me a ton in our game (Lipka, not our best dodger, beat Foley 1v1 and scored fairly easily from up top) and the years stats tell a similar story. Time to see if someone from that stable of top recruits can step up instead of playing behind guys due to seniority, even though they aren't getting it done in the first place. Joey Todaro - you can come back and play on a team with some stability at any time bud.

Might be totally wrong but this could be ultimately good for Hopkins who really needs an excuse to bring in some new blood on Defense. Rapine, Kuhn, Daniel Jones, and even Foley did not impress me a ton in our game (Lipka, not our best dodger, beat Foley 1v1 and scored fairly easily from up top) and the years stats tell a similar story. Time to see if someone from that stable of top recruits can step up instead of playing behind guys due to seniority, even though they aren't getting it done in the first place. Joey Todaro - you can come back and play on a team with some stability at any time bud.
I agree, coach gets to roll the ball out and say "let's see what you got" An excellent opportunity for some younger players. It could also force Hopkins to simplify their notoriously complicated defensive schemes. Time will tell.

I agree that addition by subtraction ca be a real thing at the D1 level sometimes but I am not sure about that in this case. Remember Hop is already without Jones to graduation and Foley due to not getting that extra year after losing one for a suspension. Now you lose Rapine who I believe often marked the #1 offensive player despite Foley getting most of the pub/accolades. With major issues at SSDM already and trying to replace Foley and Kuhn I think this one really hurts. They now have to replace nearly the entire starting D with guys who couldn't unseat incumbents who definitely struggled mightily at times.

I just wanted to say-- whoever is in charge of the social media this year and providing us with all of this content everyday leading up to the season opener:

giphy-1.gif

Confirmed Troy Lauder is no longer with the program per Inside Lacrosse (Xanders). Doesn't say why he left unfortunately.

In recent weeks, junior Troy Lauder also departed the Orange's roster. Named IL's No. 66 Class of 2017 recruit, he played in 10 games during his Syracuse roster at both attack and defensive midfield, playing in five of their last six games this past season.

Lot of hype about offense given some individual talents . Talk about additions but let's not forget that two leading scorers of last year departed. Team has more dodging ability than last but it's what one accomplishes off it that matters, one ball that has to move because greatest strength is ability to score from many positions. In plain language, do your thing but play as one. Attack bit overlooked , Scanlan has been a very good addition displaying his talent within team play ,Cook showing greater confidence and decisiveness in fall , Refhuss looks primed to have a good season. Winter scrimmages will reveal more about assimilation and readiness. Agassi was wrong, it's not all about image. Beat Colgate first before any May bookings. That's not a given by any means

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom