2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020

I would be surprised if there was that kind of maneuvering, we are probably stuck going to Clemson, don't know why the conference would want to start the season with Clemson/Tech again in the first place

I would be surprised if there was that kind of maneuvering, we are probably stuck going to Clemson, don't know why the conference would want to start the season with Clemson/Tech again in the first place
Tech has only 2 options Clemson or Syracuse.
Unless they moved a cupcake up.
Clemson is playing a conference opponent so any of Louisville, NC State, Syracuse, Georgia Tech.

Tech has only 2 options Clemson or Syracuse.
Unless they moved a cupcake up.
Clemson is playing a conference opponent so any of Louisville, NC State, Syracuse, Georgia Tech.

yeah, I guess Tech would either move up the cupcake, have a bye, or play Clemson, the latter meaning a bye for us if the maneuvering doesn't happen. not sure what's worse, a week one bye or a road game at Clemson.

I guess Syracuse could play a home game against Louisville or NC State at a neutral field.

It’s not likely but if people want to say Boston College will tell the ACC to pound sand rather than help the conference we could play a home game away from the Dome. If we don’t play at Clemson week 1.

I mean why would Western Michigan do Syracuse a favor? They have even less incentive. We aren’t conference partners.
It’s at Clemson week 1, bye, or home game against NC State or Louisville away from the Dome.

Why are we assuming we can't play at the Dome on 9/5? Did I miss something in the Dome renovation threads?

Why are we assuming we can't play at the Dome on 9/5? Did I miss something in the Dome renovation threads?

"We're going through some different options on paper," Sala said. "We're early (in the planning process) here. We're going in the day after commencement like we did in 1999. John and I are working with (senior deputy athletic director) Herm Frazier on the schedule. If we can buy three weeks on the (football schedule) we'd like to be done by mid-September 2020. Whatever I can do to have John help me on the backside I'll take it. It shouldn't really effect anything. We're bidding on NCAA stuff. We're talking about Monster Jam“

They don’t want home games week 1 or 2.

"We're going through some different options on paper," Sala said. "We're early (in the planning process) here. We're going in the day after commencement like we did in 1999. John and I are working with (senior deputy athletic director) Herm Frazier on the schedule. If we can buy three weeks on the (football schedule) we'd like to be done by mid-September 2020. Whatever I can do to have John help me on the backside I'll take it. It shouldn't really effect anything. We're bidding on NCAA stuff. We're talking about Monster Jam“

They don’t want home games week 1 or 2.

Gotcha. I don't doubt they'd prefer the extra 2 weeks. Just wondering if that quote from 18 months ago should be taken as gospel. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Do we know who our cross-over opponent will be? Any guesses?
I guess Syracuse could play a home game against Louisville or NC State at a neutral field.

It’s not likely but if people want to say Boston College will tell the ACC to pound sand rather than help the conference we could play a home game away from the Dome. If we don’t play at Clemson week 1.

I mean why would Western Michigan do Syracuse a favor? They have even less incentive. We aren’t conference partners.
It’s at Clemson week 1, bye, or home game against NC State or Louisville away from the Dome.
western michigan like us being on the schedule regularly and probably could use the money for there athletic department

western michigan like us being on the schedule regularly and probably could use the money for there athletic department
I will go OrangeXtreme here where would Western move it’s game against Colgate too?

it can be moved later also
See that requires a lot more work.
I found a scenario where only Holy Cross-Boston College goes from 9-5 t 10-31 and nothing else is affected.

I don’t see Colgate moving multiple games and Western moving multiple games to get that done.
It’s more likely we would just play at Clemson in that scenario.

I don’t see Western Michigan happening but who knows.

Gotcha. I don't doubt they'd prefer the extra 2 weeks. Just wondering if that quote from 18 months ago should be taken as gospel. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
I would say that the schedule for the renovation is at least a week behind schedule. Probably 2 weeks. Maybe 3 weeks. Things are not going well.

If we change anything, it will be to push the start of home football schedule even further into September (or even October).

if we are home week 1 just play it at cornell or Buffalo and done with it.

its not something that just popped up so id hope they would plan accordingly

takes two or more to make a change. Like the other day, as of today wmu has no desire to move their Colgate game and doesn’t plan too. Maybe we try a lot more money.

if we are home week 1 just play it at cornell or Buffalo and done with it.
I don’t think that will be an easy thing to do. People have been renewing their season tickets for months now.

Kind of hard to take money for games and then announce you can’t watch them from the seats you paid for.

At the least, it will be a logistical and PR nightmare to deal with.

yeah its a logistical mess, but i dont think its a PR hit at all.. its not really something they control. its unclear how many people have renewed and or paid and how upset would people be if one less game was paid for or refunded. other games have moved around the week before a game and been dealt with. if the schedule really is in doubt then they should be being public with it, to promote the season if they have a hint of not playing the games is a breach of contract isnt it? Its one thing to sell them months ago, but far different to continue now and going forward selling them and its one reason i dont think the delays as of yet are still a huge concern beyond the timelines they expected.

When LSU at Florida got canceled due to a Hurricane 3 years ago the game got moved from Gainesville to Baton Rouge later in the season.

As a result LSU went to Florida 2 years ago.

Maybe Syracuse could propose this to either Louisville or NC State play them on the road next year and then at home 2 years in a row.

Remember their are 5 ACC teams with week 1 openings Syracuse, Clemson, NC State, Louisville, Georgia Tech so somebody has to have a game moved.

When LSU at Florida got canceled due to a Hurricane 3 years ago the game got moved from Gainesville to Baton Rouge later in the season.

As a result LSU went to Florida 2 years ago.

Maybe Syracuse could propose this to either Louisville or NC State play them on the road next year and then at home 2 years in a row.

Remember their are 5 ACC teams with week 1 openings Syracuse, Clemson, NC State, Louisville, Georgia Tech so somebody has to have a game moved.

I was thinking about this possibility, and I suspect the hitch would be if Louisville or NC State already have their OOC home slate set up for a few years. If so then switching the cadence with SU could be a real pain.

I was thinking about this possibility, and I suspect the hitch would be if Louisville or NC State already have their OOC home slate set up for a few years. If so then switching the cadence with SU could be a real pain.
NC State MIGHT be possible.
They have 7 home games already for 2021.

If they took Syracuse at home next year they would get 8 home games in 2020 and 6 home games in 2021.
It can’t hurt to atleast propose it.