2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020

Why would the acc release it’s schedule the same week as when 1 of its teams is playing for the National Championshi????

makes zero sense.

Why would the acc release it’s schedule the same week as when 1 of its teams is playing for the National Championshi????

makes zero sense.
after this week everything switches to basketball?

Based on the below, I love getting them early. 4 new O-Linemen against our totally new 3-3-5 Defense. It's on!!

1. Clemson
2019 record: 14-1, 8-0 ACC
Returning starters: seven offense, seven defense, two special teams
Key losses: G John Simpson, C Sean Pollard, G Gage Cervenka, OT Tremayne Anchrum, DT Nyles Pinckney, LB Chad Smith, S K'Von Wallace, S Tanner Muse

Outlook: Even after it fell to LSU, its first defeat in the past 30 games, Clemson is the team to beat in 2020. The Tigers bring back Lawrence for a third season, along with receiver Justyn Ross and potentially Amari Rodgers. A handful of juniors could leave early, including linebacker Isaiah Simmons and receiver Tee Higgins, who are projected to be first-round picks. Tailback Travis Etienne, Rodgers and cornerback A.J. Terrell also are considered potential early departures. Clemson will have to replace four starting offensive linemen and both its starting safeties. Despite the anticipated losses, Clemson is still far more talented than any other team in the ACC, especially with a potential No. 1 recruiting class coming. A Nov. 7 trip to Notre Dame is the most difficult game on the Tigers' schedule.

If Syracuse-Boston College played week 1 this is a week 13 schedule that allows it.
Plus you go opening week
Clemson at Georgia Tech
Syracuse at Boston College
NC State at Louisville

That takes care of everyone with a week 1 opening.

I'd kill for BC week 1. We'd be there in a heartbeat, especially since the Yanks visit Fenway starting through the preceding Wednesday. Got the wife to do two BC games Thanksgiving weekend. The last one was the last one after sitting on iced over bleachers for 3 hourts.

if we can escape the game healthy, I am ok getting Clemson over with, no excuse to not be 3-1 with Rutgers, Colgate and WMU after them. speaking of WMU, I really hope that Eskridge kid doesn't come back for a 5th year at WMU, he kills us. we got lucky when he left the game this year, that was his 4th game, so he has one more year of eligibility left. he isn't in the portal and appears to be coming back..

another reason why moving the western michigan game to the opening week makes sense is that by us moving the game from 9/26 everybody can be bye free thru september as unc moved there fcs game to 9/19

another reason why moving the western michigan game to the opening week makes sense is that by us moving the game from 9/26 everybody can be bye free thru september as unc moved there fcs game to 9/19

We don’t play UNC next year, why would that matter?

Man just really want this schedule out so I can start gazing at it and dreaming of 6 wins hopefully at the very least

I said above.
Boston College pushes Holy Cross back.
Clemson at Georgia Tech
NC State at Louisville

It’s the easy solution.
We aren’t opening home week 1 with the Dome renovation getting an extra 2 weeks.

This article suggests that our week 1 possibilities are: GaTech (home), Louisville (home), NC State (home), Clemson (away), or bye. Right? I think I'd take any of those three ACC home games, or a bye, before having to open at Clemson.

This article suggests that our week 1 possibilities are: GaTech (home), Louisville (home), NC State (home), Clemson (away), or bye. Right? I think I'd take any of those three ACC home games, or a bye, before having to open at Clemson.
Can't open at home right? Dome reno...

I said above.
Boston College pushes Holy Cross back.
Clemson at Georgia Tech
NC State at Louisville

It’s the easy solution.
We aren’t opening home week 1 with the Dome renovation getting an extra 2 weeks.

Where does BC move the HC game? Looking at their schedule, they play 4 straight OOC games in September. They'd need to push it into Oct/Nov, what's their incentive? Not saying it couldn't happen, just don't know why they'd feel compelled to do us a solid.

Where does BC move the HC game? Looking at their schedule, they play 4 straight OOC games in September. They'd need to push it into Oct/Nov, what's their incentive? Not saying it couldn't happen, just don't know why they'd feel compelled to do us a solid.
October 31st.
Easy date for Holy Cross at Boston College.
Cupcake during conference play is good.