2020 Transfer Thread | Syracusefan.com

2020 Transfer Thread

Powellfan

All American
Lots of discussion regarding the extra year of eligibility granted to NCAA spring athletes. One of the main talking points has been the transfer market. I thought it might be good for this subject to have its own thread.

According to this article (and detailed in another thread) the following players have entered their names in the Transfer Portal (including Gallagher in the running list below, not including DIII unless they end up at a DI school) -

Colgate - Griffin Brown - A
Colgate - Nicky Petkevich - A
Colgate - Parker Baddley - LSM
Colgate - John Donahue - D
Colgate - Cooper Belanger - M
Colgate - Jesse Rosenblatt - A
Bucknell - Will Yorke - A
Bucknell - Conor Shears - D
Bucknell - Hunter Newman - LSM
Bucknell - Grayson Burns - A
Bucknell - Matt Fedorjaka - SSDM
St Joseph's - Mike Adler - G
Hobart - Eric Holden - A
Penn - Kyle Thornton - D
Penn - Kyle Gallagher - FO
Providence - Sean Leahey - A
Holy Cross - Sean Mullaney - M

According to this article (and detailed in another thread) the following players have entered their names in the Transfer Portal (including Gallagher in the running list below, not including DIII unless they end up at a DI school) -

Colgate - Griffin Brown - A
Colgate - Nicky Petkevich - A
Colgate - Parker Baddley - LSM
Colgate - John Donahue - D
Colgate - Cooper Belanger - M
Colgate - Jesse Rosenblatt - A
Bucknell - Will Yorke - A
Bucknell - Conor Shears - D
Bucknell - Hunter Newman - LSM
Bucknell - Grayson Burns - A
Bucknell - Matt Fedorjaka - SSDM
St Joseph's - Mike Adler - G
Hobart - Eric Holden - A
Penn - Kyle Thornton - D
Penn - Kyle Gallagher - FO
Providence - Sean Leahey - A
Holy Cross - Sean Mullaney - M

Gallagher is very interesting, will be eager to see where he lands. Can't see Syracuse being any sort of an option but hopefully he doesn't end up at Maryland or somewhere in conference like UNC or ND.

Over on fanlax someone posted that there was a rumor that Gallagher was looking at Michigan.

Over on fanlax someone posted that there was a rumor that Gallagher was looking at Michigan.

That makes sense. A team who could really use a high end FOGO and who would probably offer him a good % of scholarship money.

Looks like this might be gone, do you recall what it said?

It was Chris Jastrzembski saying the FOGO from Holy Cross, Dan O'Connell was transferring to Duke. He had a 66% winning percentage in two years at Holy Cross. Maybe that isn't yet official since he deleted?

It was Chris Jastrzembski saying the FOGO from Holy Cross, Dan O'Connell was transferring to Duke. He had a 66% winning percentage in two years at Holy Cross. Maybe that isn't yet official since he deleted?

Great just what Duke needs especially with that class they have coming in. only good news is they had a lot of seniors so there gonna be jammed up if they don't make some move on.

If Mellen and Helmer return, Kennedy moves back to LSM.

That is certainly surprising, he was starting after all. If Page and Clary come back I think you'd have pretty decent depth behind Kennedy (if he does move back to LSM). He had some deficiencies to his game (size mainly), but he was a maniac on groundballs and was a terror 1v1. Would like to see him come back.

If Mellen and Helmer return, Kennedy moves back to LSM.

I think Kennedy is likely to stay at close. With Mellen and Helmer both 5th year guys I don't think you can count on them coming back but it would be nice if at least one did. The staff was high on the two frosh LSM's and I think both could be looking at significant playing time.

Kennedy is a top 3 lsm in country but he's likely going to be needed at close again because I doubt Mellen returns. He's AA caliber at close but bit of a shame that a Porsche will be driven on side streets rather than the Autobahn.

Young bucks Clary and Page are good athletes and will be more than capable however and wherever utilized .

Losing any good player sucks but were down this road last year with graduations and injuries. Team had to reset and go with a entirely new defensive lineup last year and results were good. There will be some good returnees from IR along with several d incomers. Just hope that fall ball happens so kinks can be worked out and experience can be gained.

Fernandez did a good job here, wish him well if he moves on.

Kennedy is a top 3 lsm in country but he's likely going to be needed at close again because I doubt Mellen returns. He's AA caliber at close but bit of a shame that a Porsche will be driven on side streets rather than the Autobahn.

Young bucks Clary and Page are good athletes and will be more than capable however and wherever utilized .

Losing any good player sucks but were down this road last year with graduations and injuries. Team had to reset and go with a entirely new defensive lineup last year and results were good. There will be some good returnees from IR along with several d incomers. Just hope that fall ball happens so kinks can be worked out and experience can be gained.

Fernandez did a good job here, wish him well if he moves on.
Both Franky Hapney and Tommy Drago look eerily similar to Fernandez in their various highlight tapes. Hopefully one of them can step up early and replicate his impact on the field for us.

The Fernandez thing doesn’t make sense from a lacrosse perspective so I’m guessing it’s not related to lacrosse. If he does transfer it will be a shame from a lacrosse perspective but he is a joy to watch and the SU coaches let him make plays.

This was a real surprise to read. Fernandez was playing a big role and doing a terrific job! Anyone have any insight as to why he might be looking to leave ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom