2021-22 Covid Cancellations | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Covid Cancellations

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

“At this point, there’s been no discussion on cancelling beyond Sunday’s game here on campus,” said Jeremy Hartigan, Cornell’s Associate Director of Athletics for Communications. “It’s an on-campus, student-driven outbreak. The main conversation at this point is ‘How do we stop the spread as quickly as possible?’ And it was to not allow visitors, not allow gatherings. They’re cancelling commencement on Saturday, so certainly basketball games are not going to be played. But there’s not been any talk at this point about anything beyond that.”

Last edited:
interesting because they have the ability to test pretty fast and often but of course no idea on what to do with the opps.. I wonder if they end up shutting down the other sports as well. It will help a bit the kids are gone in a few days i guess. hockey off until news year. wonder if they can even practice now

CA0D4200-40DC-4039-8943-A5490D09D373.jpeg

8:30 pm article says all athletics have been cancelled. So I am guessing that will end up being us even if not announced yet. Everyone sent home. 900 cases in one week. All vaccinated, and some boosted. All Omicron, supposedly. Early testing still needs to confirm this. Masks were required in all university buildings. This is all very concerning in many ways. EDIT> Cornell Web site also only refers to Sundays cancellation, so we shall see.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom