2021-22 Transfer Thread | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Transfer Thread

Powellfan

All American
Can’t believe we need this already, but seems like we need a new thread.

When would he be eligible?

Next week, or next season?

It's always better to stick it out. What if Krieg gets hurt?

Have to imagine he's looking for a program for next year, not this. Owen Murphy from Hopkins hasn't landed anywhere yet and he entered the portal before the season started - situations might be different but can't imagine a team would take him now.

He's probably looking to save some eligibility - don't want to risk getting thrown in for mop up duty and lose a year of playing time because of it. In the IL article it says he was dealing with Covid related issues, though not sure what that means.

Transfer Portal: Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio State and More​

Former Virginia longstick midfielder Will Rock entered the NCAA's transfer portal as a grad student in mid-February, although he hasn't competed as a member of the Cavaliers' roster since a suspension early in the shortened 2020 campaign.

IL's No. 42 recruit coming out of Gonzaga (D.C.), Rock appeared in 38 games and made a steady impact during his first two years in Charlottesville, totaling 76 groundballs and 27 caused turnovers during that time. Playing behind first-team All-American LSM Jared Conners for the eventual national champions, Rock scooped three GBs and caused a pair of turnovers in the 2019 title game.

A week later, classmate Regan Quinn also entered his name into the NCAA's transfer portal, hoping to feel out his options for grad school while continuing to be a part of Virginia's rotation at midfield this spring. A former Power 100 recruit out of Chaminade (N.Y.), Quinn tallied 13 points with eight starts and 17 appearances as a rookie in 2018. Although he's been banged up for parts of each of the last three seasons, Quinn could be a good option for a mid-to-high level Division I program looking for someone who has plenty of experience playing both attack and midfield.

A source confirmed to IL that North Carolina senior goalie Luke Millican entered his name into the portal to explore his options as a grad student after graduating in the spring of 2021. He becomes the Tar Heels' second former starting goalie to jump into the NCAA's transfer portal for the 2022 season, as IL reported on Feb. 25 that preseason All-ACC pick Caton Johnson elected to do so after freshman Collin Krieg won Carolina's starting job. Millican, meanwhile, is expected to have multiple years of eligibility remaining, having started the Tar Heels' first two games against Lafayette and Furman as a freshman in 2018 before suffering a fluke injury.

An All-Ivy League honorable mention pick as a freshman, Dartmouth longstick midfielder Peter Rizzotti entered the NCAA's transfer portal on Feb. 25, according to multiple sources. Coming to the Big Green from Massachusetts power Lincoln-Sudbury, he racked up 27 caused turnovers (Top 10 in the country in 2019) and 35 groundballs while starting 11 of 13 games as a freshman, then started all four games for Dartmouth last spring.

In the Big Ten, Ohio State freshman attackman Gerard Kane entered the NCAA's transfer portal in late February, according to a source. Kane, a four-star lefty scorer from Georgia, planned on playing the 2020 season as a Hill Academy (Ont.) postgraduate, also initially made verbal commitments to both Hartford and High Point before flipping to the Buckeyes in the fall of 2018.

Though early, a handful of other notable Class of 2020 recruits have entered the portal in recent months. Kane joins former OSU classmate and 4-star FOGO recruit Drew Elder in the portal, who was included in our early February update along one-time Top 50 recruit Nick Caccamo, who is now bound for Syracuse in this fall after departing Yale in wake of the cancellation of the Bulldogs' season.

Additionally, former Richmond face-off man Jax Popovich also entered the portal last month, he confirmed via direct message. Initially committing to Providence, Popovich is a three-star recruit out of Connecticut's Salisbury School, helping the Knights to a high ranking in the final national Top 25 last year.

Was wondering why Morin has hardly played for ND the last two years. Not like they've been drowning in elite attackmen. He was pretty good as a sophomore with 36 pts on 38% shooting. A lot of good talent has gone to waste under Corrigan. The Buchman kid from California too--was originally a BU commit before switching to ND but has barely made it onto the field in three years in South Bend. I know their offense has looked pretty good so far this year (against weak competition) but it always seems like something is just a little amiss on that side of the field for the Golden Domers.

Gerard Kane looked like a load, and very skilled, in his HS highlight video. I could see him being a productive player somewhere. I thought OSU seemed like a good fit, but maybe not.

Should solidify the reversal of the no transferring within conference rule.

Wonder when we will know everyone's status in regards to using the fifth year? I imagine a lot of players will have had to have planned for it, not like last year when everything was up in the air.

Wonder when we will know everyone's status in regards to using the fifth year? I imagine a lot of players will have had to have planned for it, not like last year when everything was up in the air.

At this point I think most will be back or they would have walked this past Saturday. Obviously if there is coaching change or something else big that could blow up. I am sure a few non-starters will bounce but I expect most back.

At this point I think most will be back or they would have walked this past Saturday. Obviously if there is coaching change or something else big that could blow up. I am sure a few non-starters will bounce but I expect most back.

This is gonna go on for years. Clary, Woody, Aviles, and that whole class have the extra year available.

This is gonna go on for years. Clary, Woody, Aviles, and that whole class have the extra year available.

True, I am assuming most of those guys will just treat it like a regular RS year but you never know.

True, I am assuming most of those guys will just treat it like a regular RS year but you never know.

After this year, teams have to be back at 12.6 scholarships.

Some guys will get the talk.

After this year, teams have to be back at 12.6 scholarships.

Some guys will get the talk.

Thats true, but I assume most of the guys getting the "talk" probably aren't getting much if anything in the way of scholarship money. Definitely could lose a solid player or two because of it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom