2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

Baseball is over for this year, so let's start talking about "Next Year". (Plus, I don't get to start many threads, so I jumped on this chance.)
This is in poor taste. I fear retribution from the baseball Gods.

This is in poor taste. I fear retribution from the baseball Gods.

1633703490438.png

I think a full year of Severino is going to make an enormous difference.

Can't get rid of a "Glue Player" like him.

Given the OF injuries this year, it was good to have him around. He was a serviceable defensive outfielder, which was all I expected from him. The real problem was we had too many others of the high-priced help were struggling to get over the Mendoza line.

Baseball is over for this year, so let's start talking about "Next Year". (Plus, I don't get to start many threads, so I jumped on this chance.)
Excited for another #1 pick for my O’s. Really building a good-great system. College vs HS. Pitcher or player. Do they pay the big bucks or draft a lower rated player (4/5) and pay less to sign more good players later.
They should be pretty competitive in 2-3 years, with $$$ to spare, barring injury.

Last edited:
Given the OF injuries this year, it was good to have him around. He was a serviceable defensive outfielder, which was all I expected from him. The real problem was we had too many others of the high-priced help were struggling to get over the Mendoza line.
Have to agree about durability. He's rarely out for injuries and he's versatile. Have to figure the Yankees will part ways with Frazier. Not sure how Andujar fits in either so maybe Gardy comes back for one more go round.

Have to agree about durability. He's rarely out for injuries and he's versatile. Have to figure the Yankees will part ways with Frazier. Not sure how Andujar fits in either so maybe Gardy comes back for one more go round.

Given his hustle and his record, that's okay. I'd like to see them trade Stanton for some pitching, but after this September I don't think that happens. So even though Gallo is cheaper (6 mil vs 29) and also a good outfielder, he may be the oddman out - depending on how Hicks comes back. If they deal Stanton, they'll have some money to pay Loaisiga and Holmes (595,000 & 650,000). I don't see any future for Odor. He 's making 12 M vs Wade at 603,000. I don't know what happens with Chapman (15 M), but I he's obviously beyond his best before date. Frazier is 2.1 M, but Andujar is cheap at 639,000. Dunno about Sanchez, either. We'll see, gonna be interesting.

Nah, it's time. Maybe the next Yankee manager can put him on his coaching staff.

Yankees (19)

• Jameson Taillon – $4.7MM
  • Joey Gallo – $10.2MM
  • Gary Sanchez – $7.9MM
  • Aaron Judge – $17.1MM
  • Chad Green – $4.1MM
  • Wandy Peralta – $1.7MM
  • Jordan Montgomery – $4.8MM
  • Gio Urshela – $6.2MM
  • Luke Voit – $5.4MM
  • Gleyber Torres – $5.9MM
  • Clint Frazier – $2.4MM
  • Miguel Andujar – $1.7MM
  • Tyler Wade – $700K
  • Clay Holmes – $1.0MM
  • Jonathan Loaisiga – $1.7MM
  • Domingo German – $2.1MM
  • Lucas Luetge – $1.1MM
  • Tim Locastro – $700K
  • Kyle Higashioka – $1.2MM

Yankees (19)

• Jameson Taillon – $4.7MM
  • Joey Gallo – $10.2MM
  • Gary Sanchez – $7.9MM
  • Aaron Judge – $17.1MM
  • Chad Green – $4.1MM
  • Wandy Peralta – $1.7MM
  • Jordan Montgomery – $4.8MM
  • Gio Urshela – $6.2MM
  • Luke Voit – $5.4MM
  • Gleyber Torres – $5.9MM
  • Clint Frazier – $2.4MM
  • Miguel Andujar – $1.7MM
  • Tyler Wade – $700K
  • Clay Holmes – $1.0MM
  • Jonathan Loaisiga – $1.7MM
  • Domingo German – $2.1MM
  • Lucas Luetge – $1.1MM
  • Tim Locastro – $700K
  • Kyle Higashioka – $1.2MM

My, that looks ... busy!

I hope Gardy comes back. He's still the heart and soul of the team. When he leaves, it should pass to Judge. Also they haven't had a captain since when? I think it was Jeter?

Also, get rid of Boone. He never seems to know when to take a pitcher out or leave him in. Additionally, since he has been manager the amount of people out with injuries and the length of time out is something I don't remember seeing in my lifetime. A lot of that has to reflect on the manager. I'm not sure how many people know this, but he has never managed a team before getting this gig, from little league on up! This experiment in on the job training should end.

Additionally, since he has been manager the amount of people out with injuries and the length of time out is something I don't remember seeing in my lifetime.

Where were you during the Girardi Era or the Torre Era?

Plenty of hammys, elbows, wrists, etc... We even lost a pitcher with a broken foot he got running the bases in an NL park. It ain't no joke when your Wang is broke.

Where were you during the Girardi Era or the Torre Era?

Plenty of hammys, elbows, wrists, etc... We even lost a pitcher with a broken foot he got running the bases in an NL park. It ain't no joke when your Wang is broke.

It ended his career. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom