2021 Bracketology | Syracusefan.com

2021 Bracketology

Powellfan

All American
Seems too early to be doing this, but it’s still a fun exercise. Chris is the first person I’ve seen put something together.

Last edited:
Seems to early to be doing this, but it’s still a fun exercise. Chris is the first person I’ve seen put something together.

Way way to early. Things could be totally different in two weeks for a majority of the power teams.

So, if that holds, we play 2/3 of our schedule against tourney teams. And people wanted us to play Lehigh, too.
it's one guy on the internet and you've played all of 1 acc team.

I get it.

That's why I said "if that holds".

That being said, I LOVE bracketology, no matter what sport and no matter how early.
well if you love bracketology, the lehigh thing was if it doesn't hold. from a rando with media chops on the internet.

well if you love bracketology, the lehigh thing was if it doesn't hold. from a rando with media chops on the internet.
Not sure what your point is. If we played Lehigh instead of HC, our schedule would have included 9 (and not 8) out of 12 teams in the tournament.

Not sure what your point is. If we played Lehigh instead of HC, our schedule would have included 9 (and not 8) out of 12 teams in the tournament.
it's that vermont isn't in the tournament yet. they're in yaz's tournament on march 25th. and you lost to army.
if i were in charge, my guess would be that getting a lehigh game in would be good for syracuse if they finished with less than 3 acc wins.
if they get 3, all's good. if not, things will maybe have to fall their way. good luck.

Last edited:
it's that vermont isn't in the tournament yet. he's in yaz's tournament on march 25th. and you lost to army.
if i were in charge, my guess would be that getting a lehigh game in would be good for syracuse if they finished with less than 3 acc wins.
if they get 3, all's good. if not, things will maybe have to fall their way. good luck.
What are you talking about????

All I said was, IF that was the field, we would have 8 tournament teams on our schedule of 12 games. That's all I said. Sheesh.

What are you talking about????

All I said was, IF that was the field, we would have 8 tournament teams on our schedule of 12 games. That's all I said. Sheesh.
and then you commented on people saying they should play lehigh. and they didn't even have yaz's bracket to ponder!!! sheesh?

and then you commented on people saying they should play lehigh. and they didn't even have yaz's bracket to ponder!!! sheesh?
My point, obviously beyond you, was that our schedule was tough enough, and we didn't need to play Lehigh. If you disagree, fine. It's a message board. People have different opinions.

But don't start giving me "well if you love bracketology..." snark.

I know what I said. And I know what I meant. I believe others did too.

My point, obviously beyond you, was that our schedule was tough enough, and we didn't need to play Lehigh. If you disagree, fine. It's a message board. People have different opinions.

But don't start giving me "well if you love bracketology..." snark.

I know what I said. And I know what I meant. I believe others did too.
that wasn't snark, i was with you and discussing. i believe you're wrong. you don't get into the nc$$ just because you play in the acc, even this year. that's 6 of your "8 games". another you've lost already. vermont as good as they looked vs cusr is questionable to win conference as there are other good teams.

as it stands, you may need that ooc win vs a lehigh unless you win 3 acc games.

p.s. your point wasn't beyond me.

that wasn't snark, i was with you and discussing. i believe you're wrong. you don't get into the nc$$ just because you play in the acc, even this year. that's 6 of your "8 games". another you've lost already. vermont as good as they looked vs cusr is questionable to win conference as there are other good teams.

as it stands, you may need that ooc win vs a lehigh unless you win 3 acc games.

p.s. your point wasn't beyond me.
Apologies if I took your post the wrong way. But I disagree with your points in this one. With our schedule, we didn't need to play Lehigh. I don't believe the teams in the ACC are going to fall off a cliff. We currently comprise 5 of the top 10 teams in the polls. Not a predictor of what things will look like at the end of the year, I know.

But if it is similar, our SOS is fine. And if we win enough, our chances to make the tournament are good. Playing Lehigh isn't going to make or break our tournament chances.

Apologies if I took your post the wrong way. But I disagree with your points in this one. With our schedule, we didn't need to play Lehigh. I don't believe the teams in the ACC are going to fall off a cliff. We currently comprise 5 of the top 10 teams in the polls. Not a predictor of what things will look like at the end of the year, I know.

But if it is similar, our SOS is fine. And if we win enough, our chances to make the tournament are good. Playing Lehigh isn't going to make or break our tournament chances.
that's fine. my wife disagrees with me all the time!!! i'm thankful for that there or we'll be bored for our future days or years. same here.
cuse wins 2 games in the acc they're potentially in trouble. my opinion.
maybe vermont kills it and gives them something ooc.
right now, uva's in a better spot with army and loyola wins vs cuse w uva.

we'll see!!!

Virginia is very flawed, and that becomes more evident with every game it plays. Notre Dame’s offense is a typical Notre Dame offense. Duke is talented, obviously, but untested. North Carolina has come back to earth and has a freshman goalie who hasn’t played an ACC game. There are at least two wins in there for Syracuse. At least.

Virginia is very flawed, and that becomes more evident with every game it plays. Notre Dame’s offense is a typical Notre Dame offense. Duke is talented, obviously, but untested. North Carolina has come back to earth and has a freshman goalie who hasn’t played an ACC game. There are at least two wins in there for Syracuse. At least.

UNC did play UVA so technically their goalie has played an ACC game and I'll give him props he looked pretty good.

Not sure why writers who partake in Bracketology take a "point in time" outlook to this. The season isn't going to end this week, and if it did there would be no tournament - so why don't people try and forecast the rest of the season? The schedules are public knowledge, why not simulate out the rest of the season then make predictions?

If you think the favorites are going to win out, then UVA would lose the rest of their ACC matchups. Would they still be a six seed at that point? They'd have one top 10 win (if Army continues to win) and no conference victories. Its great to get an understanding of "where we are now", but obviously things aren't going to finish that way. Wish more of the pundits would take the long view of these predictions.

Would be a favorable bracket for Syracuse but I’m guessing this assumes they beat ND twice and UVA again. Even if Maryland wins out I don’t think you could rank them over Duke or UNC, if those two only lose to each other. Still a long way to go!

Would be a favorable bracket for Syracuse but I’m guessing this assumes they beat ND twice and UVA again. Even if Maryland wins out I don’t think you could rank them over Duke or UNC, if those two only lose to each other. Still a long way to go!

A potential SU vs Rutty matchup would be very interesting

It will be interesting to see what happens in the second half of the B1G schedule. Will any of them play OOC games? The Ivy League is allowing games against "local" teams. It's been projected that Penn will play Villanova, St. Joe's and Drexel. Will Rutgers play Princeton or will the B1G just play conference teams to complete a home-and-home? How can any sort of rating system come up with a comparison of the B1G teams against the other conferences?

It will be interesting to see what happens in the second half of the B1G schedule. Will any of them play OOC games? The Ivy League is allowing games against "local" teams. It's been projected that Penn will play Villanova, St. Joe's and Drexel. Will Rutgers play Princeton or will the B1G just play conference teams to complete a home-and-home? How can any sort of rating system come up with a comparison of the B1G teams against the other conferences?

I think only Penn is allowing its lacrosse team to play local teams, not the Ivy League. So I wouldn't expect Princeton-Rutgers or any other matchups outside of Philadelphia.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom