2021 Class... | Syracusefan.com

2021 Class...

corpjet

Board Prophet
For those that have committed is there anyone that could be a day 1 starter?

We have to be excited about this class on paper and by far the best class in years coming in.

Jatius Geer and Hough 100%. After them I’d say Hatcher, Lamson, Duce, Folk. Although our secondary is loaded so I doubt Duce or Folk break through. Give the lineman all one year in the system and some time in our strength program and they’ll be ready to go.

I only see Hatcher as having a chance.
Yah no way a QB or lineman walks in and plays without at least a RS year. But we're seeing frosh on D and at RB (Tucker is a special talent). For '21, Hatcher looks like a special talent. Hough looks like a special talent. Ditto with Deuce. Aside from Fuentes (possible), those three would be my picks to see the field early.

Yah no way a QB or lineman walks in and plays without at least a RS year. But we're seeing frosh on D and at RB (Tucker is a special talent). For '21, Hatcher looks like a special talent. Hough looks like a special talent. Those two would be my picks to see the field early.

Dungey & Bergeron say HI!! ;)

Jatius Geer and Hough 100%. After them I’d say Hatcher, Lamson, Duce, Folk. Although our secondary is loaded so I doubt Duce or Folk break through. Give the lineman all one year in the system and some time in our strength program and they’ll be ready to go.
3 starters will be gone next year. It’s written in sharpie that Cisco and trill are gone unless they get hurt.

Lol .. just as you got me i edited and gave Fuentes a "possible". Love Lamson but TD will be a senior. And in front of Lamson are Dillon M, JaCobian M. and Summers. But hey, if Lamson is ridiculous .. i mean ... ;)
1 of the last 3 QB'S you mention will probably transfer my guess would be Summers

3 starters will be gone next year. It’s written in sharpie that Cisco and trill are gone unless they get hurt.

a True freshman - Ja’Had Carter - started at safety yesterday in place of Coley who I assume is hurt. Garrett Williams a redshirt frosh is a starting corner backed up by another redshirt frosh. They should all be locks to start next year.

I look at it as cracking the 2 deep rather than starting, it's just as important.

Guys I see having a high probability of that:

Hatcher
Hough
Lamson
Geer

That's based on depth chart at their positions as well, so not necessarily that they are the top prospects in the class. My dark horse would be Kalan Ellis.

Yah no way a QB or lineman walks in and plays without at least a RS year. But we're seeing frosh on D and at RB (Tucker is a special talent). For '21, Hatcher looks like a special talent. Hough looks like a special talent. Ditto with Deuce. Aside from Fuentes (possible), those three would be my picks to see the field early.
Many freshman come in and start.

I hope we just hand the keys to Lamson day 1. Honestly, would be the best thing for the program. I truly believe that.

I hope we just hand the keys to Lamson day 1. Honestly, would be the best thing for the program. I truly believe that.

and what if he's not ready or not that good? Lets be honest here. The hard truth is that he doesn't have the P5 beating his door down. It's not to say he can't succeed but still.

Many freshman come in and start.
lol .. did you read my post. Maybe you missed my predictions for frosh who will start. I've posted several other times about how good some of our frosh are ... Wax (backup LB), G. Williams (starting corner), Tucker (backup RB), etc. I believe Cisco and Trill started some games (11 for Cisco, 4 for Trill). So yes, as I said, some frosh can start. I'm happy they do .. we have some terrific young players that are helping us, especially on D. Still, it's highly unlikely a QB or OL will waltz in and start anytime soon. It happens, but rarely due to a bunch of (obvious) factors like depth at the position, complexity/learning curve, physical development and/or skill set required, etc. Bergeron and Dungey are (were) exceptional players. Bergeron started 5 games as a frosh. Rare for an OL. Dungey started 7. Don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen again soon (although it's a great thing when it does).

Last edited:
and what if he's not ready or not that good? Lets be honest here. The hard truth is that he doesn't have the P5 beating his door down. It's not to say he can't succeed but still.

Imperative that he gets here in the spring, if possible and circumstances allow, to accelerate his learning curve / readiness. Because as you point out, it is no sure thing.

If one of Lamson, Markewicz, or Morgan aren't ready to step up next year, we're in trouble.

Imperative that he gets here in the spring, if possible and circumstances allow, to accelerate his learning curve / readiness. Because as you point out, it is no sure thing.

If one of Lamson, Markewicz, or Morgan aren't ready to step up next year, we're in trouble.

Big trouble and I will not be surprised to see Tommy grad transfer this off season so we are REALLY going to need someone ready to go next season. We just have to somehow get this OLine stabilized and I think a lot of problems go away.

I was thinking maybe we should go poach that Houston-Baptist QB who put up 567 yards against Texas Tech on 30/49. Bailey Zappe.

Big trouble and I will not be surprised to see Tommy grad transfer this off season so we are REALLY going to need someone ready to go next season. We just have to somehow get this OLine stabilized and I think a lot of problems go away.

I was thinking maybe we should go poach that Houston-Baptist QB who put up 567 yards against Texas Tech on 30/49. Bailey Zappe.

That's another route -- seek a grad transfer for short term stabalization.

This forum is for the discussion of recruiting and this thread about the 2021 class. If you want to discuss current players on the team take it to the football forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom