2021 Fall Ball | Syracusefan.com

2021 Fall Ball

Since a new era has begun, can we please do these guys a favor and get them newly designed kits? Ya know, start fresh with a clean slate. The current ones just aren't doing it for me anymore. I'll be honest and say I kind of liked them at first--but they have grown old quick, and are reminiscent of a period of Syracuse Lacrosse I would rather like to forget. Idk, what do you guys think? We still feeling these?

Since a new era has begun, can we please do these guys a favor and get them newly designed kits? Ya know, start fresh with a clean slate. The current ones just aren't doing it for me anymore. I'll be honest and say I kind of liked them at first--but they have grown old quick, and are reminiscent of a period of Syracuse Lacrosse I would rather like to forget. Idk, what do you guys think? We still feeling these?

We get new stuff from Nike every 2-3 years.

But Nike loves the sleveless look.

As long as we never wear All-Blue again.

We get new stuff from Nike every 2-3 years.

But Nike loves the sleveless look.

As long as we never wear All-Blue again.
I don't mind the sleeveless look-- it's mainly the ugly numerals that I'm talking about. They gotta go in the trash the next time around.
Unknown.jpeg

We should always wear all Orange on the road. Nothing was worse than our prime time ACCN Thursday Night game at Duke with us in all blue.
maybe on occasion white shorts with all else orange, but I like all orange on the road

All orange is such a great look. Bring back the Cascades. And with Gary’s return I’d love to see a return of the more classic look taking inspiration from the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s. Loved when they‘ve brought out the special edition retro looks in the last several years.

I agree with all those in favor of the all-orange. I'd argue that it is the most distinctive uniform look in all of D1 lacrosse. I'd even go so far as to take the white stripe off the helmet (and go back to Cascades while we're at it.). Looking good doesn't make you good, but it doesn't hurt.

All orange is such a great look. Bring back the Cascades. And with Gary’s return I’d love to see a return of the more classic look taking inspiration from the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s. Loved when they‘ve brought out the special edition retro looks in the last several years.
I'm not sure about the retro look. It seems like we get spanked every time we wear them.

Last year Chris Jast tweeted that SU was due to get new uniforms during the 2020 season (they usually reveal new uniforms in the middle of the season for some reason), but the pandemic halted that. I'm not sure why they didn't do it last year, but things might have been too uneasy still. Hopefully this year.

It's not that I dislike the current setup, I liked them when they came out, but it feels time for something new. The white jerseys, due to the Orange outlining and general "sheerness" of them, always look dirty to me. It could be worse though, I still can't beleive they put the "Syracuse" under the jersey numbers back in 2009. Does anyone remember the Brine helmets in 2005? Yikes all around.

I like the all Orange look, but wish they would save it for big games - it was awesome when they pulled them out for the Final Four in 2004. But they don't cause the same amount of excitement when they are worn each away game. I also wish the away jersey said "Syracuse" and not, "Orange".

Personally I think they should use the same lettering as those 2004 jerseys, just update the fit to fall in line with the modern game. In 2004, AD Darryl Gross wanted all the Syracuse teams to have the same colors and same logo, which I understand on some level, but the lighter blue the lacrosse team wore is still iconic and so is the logo. And the weird pointy SU logo they came up with didn't last very long since it was ugly. I say return to the throwbacks with slight upgrades. If they want to use the darker blue, that is fine too I guess, but I think the lettering should be what they wore in 2004.

I also think the combinations should be the same as those years too -
home: White Helmet, White Jersey, Blue Shorts;
away: White Helmet, Orange Jersey, Blue Shorts.

Anyways, I know I am particular to this era since it's when I started following the team, but I still think this is the look that says "Syracuse Lacrosse".

Probably more words on uniforms than anyone ever asked for, but I can't help it sometimes.

I agree with the jersey situation. Everyone hated those numerals on the football jerseys, so why keep them in lacrosse. See women's numerals for inspiration.

Last year Chris Jast tweeted that SU was due to get new uniforms during the 2020 season (they usually reveal new uniforms in the middle of the season for some reason), but the pandemic halted that. I'm not sure why they didn't do it last year, but things might have been too uneasy still. Hopefully this year.

It's not that I dislike the current setup, I liked them when they came out, but it feels time for something new. The white jerseys, due to the Orange outlining and general "sheerness" of them, always look dirty to me. It could be worse though, I still can't beleive they put the "Syracuse" under the jersey numbers back in 2009. Does anyone remember the Brine helmets in 2005? Yikes all around.

I like the all Orange look, but wish they would save it for big games - it was awesome when they pulled them out for the Final Four in 2004. But they don't cause the same amount of excitement when they are worn each away game. I also wish the away jersey said "Syracuse" and not, "Orange".

Personally I think they should use the same lettering as those 2004 jerseys, just update the fit to fall in line with the modern game. In 2004, AD Darryl Gross wanted all the Syracuse teams to have the same colors and same logo, which I understand on some level, but the lighter blue the lacrosse team wore is still iconic and so is the logo. And the weird pointy SU logo they came up with didn't last very long since it was ugly. I say return to the throwbacks with slight upgrades. If they want to use the darker blue, that is fine too I guess, but I think the lettering should be what they wore in 2004.

I also think the combinations should be the same as those years too -
home: White Helmet, White Jersey, Blue Shorts;
away: White Helmet, Orange Jersey, Blue Shorts.

Anyways, I know I am particular to this era since it's when I started following the team, but I still think this is the look that says "Syracuse Lacrosse".

Probably more words on uniforms than anyone ever asked for, but I can't help it sometimes.

I'm certainly ready to go back to sleeves full-time! The numbers on the jersey's the past 4-5 seasons are just so goofy looking. I agree though going back to the classic look would be sweet. As far as the color combinations, personally I've never cared for the all white or all orange.

Looks like backup LSM Brett Barlow is back. Surprised we haven't seen an official announcement for fifth year's who decided to come back by now, since everyone is on campus. It's clear that Barlow, as well as Curry, Dordevic and Seebold are back, and I think Phaup as well, but no word on Grant Murphy and Nick DiPietro. Anyone have insight? Bringing back two starters on defense would certainly change the complexion of that unit.

Oct. 24​

— Ohio State at Syracuse (M)

Nice. OSU should be a good team to scrimmage against, they have some good players returning and some intriguing transfers. Can't remember Syracuse ever playing against the Buckeyes to be honest. Kind of surprising.

I wonder if they will have more fall scrimmages, and if they'll bring back the Alumni Game (which morphed into an intra-squad scrimmage).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom