2021 high school lacrosse thread. | Syracusefan.com

2021 high school lacrosse thread.

4evaOrange

Go kick rocks you goober!!!
For all the local and non local games, commits, recruits, prospects, or just good games.

Post scores and stats here.

I do not have a subscription so I can’t post local stuff.

Lets get this thread rolling.

From Tuesday:

B'ville 14, Liverpool 4:

FM 18, WG 7:
Jack Mellen 2 & 1
Alex Rosa 1 & 0

From Tuesday:

B'ville 14, Liverpool 4:

FM 18, WG 7:
Jack Mellen 2 & 1
Alex Rosa 1 & 0
Little surprising I’d say on that FM score...
And Nick has a little bro playing?

Can anyone post a team schedule. I'm curious to see what Section III looks like compared to Section II

When does the regular season end and how many games are they playing? Plan for sectionals ?

You can search for the other schools.

I don't believe there will be a post-season, but I could be wrong.

You can search for the other schools.

I don't believe there will be a post-season, but I could be wrong.

I'm being told Section II is going to play sectionals. We shall see.

Thanks for JD's schedule. So they have 14 games in 30 days with a 6-8 days worth of practice. Crazy.

Thanks for JD's schedule. So they have 14 games in 30 days with a 6-8 days worth of practice. Crazy.
My team, in another state, played 6 games in 8 days. This season is stupid.

Just like youth lacrosse sports. I'm a relatively young guy, but when it comes to my kids' sports (they are relatively young too), I can't get over that the practice to game ratio is like 1 to 1 (if that). I feel like when I was a kid it was something more like 1 to 3. Of course, I am also of the camp that I dont think kids that age should not really be playing any official games, and it should all be some form of skill development. Parent egos will never allow for that though.

Just like youth lacrosse sports. I'm a relatively young guy, but when it comes to my kids' sports (they are relatively young too), I can't get over that the practice to game ratio is like 1 to 1 (if that). I feel like when I was a kid it was something more like 1 to 3. Of course, I am also of the camp that I dont think kids that age should not really be playing any official games, and it should all be some form of skill development. Parent egos will never allow for that though.

True True.

We're going to have (hopefully) 7 practices in before our first game and then it's basically T, TH, Sa until June2. (we only have 1 stretch of back to back to back) of course what is likely our two toughest opponents, lol, wth

Last edited:
My team, in another state, played 6 games in 8 days. This season is stupid.

I have kids still playing football and soccer. They go from FB/SCR practice to a 90 minute lax practice (lax practice isn't mandatory for the duel players and they have an option to leave practice early, but what do you think they're going to choose?) Whoever designed/approved a week of overlap with sports should be removed. It wouldn't have been that hard to have a better layout and the football seasons ended up being like 4 or 5 games. I don't think the extra week of football was necessary. (and of course there are now guys who are hurt.)

I don't understand why the need to cram everything in to be over by the first week of June either. I'm assuming because the HS sports officials maybe want to have playoffs and/or an outside shot of a state tournament before the end of school. Doubtful but we can dream.

Last edited:
The 6 in 8 was because of Covid shutdowns at different schools, but it was ridiculous. We were lucky to go 3-3. Our best middie developed mono right after that stretch. A coincidence, perhaps, but no high schooler should have to play that many baseball games in eight days, let alone lacrosse games.

Can anyone post a team schedule. I'm curious to see what Section III looks like compared to Section II

When does the regular season end and how many games are they playing? Plan for sectionals ?
Laxnumbers has some team schedules but I'm not sure how complete they are.

As a former youth athlete, skill development only sounds incredibly boring. Kids want to play games.

Thurs 4/29

B'Ville 11, JD 6

FM 16, CNS 10

West Genny 16, Liverpool 8

Looks like some talent down in Lafayette. Couple Bucktooths down there currently playing well.
Some other guys looking pretty good but not high D 1 it seems. Some guys already committed like Burns, Coleman, Keib, some esm guys, Rosa to lower D1 and higher D1

So it looks like FM is the early frontrunner for best SectionIII team. Lafayette rolling to. Beat Tully 20-13 as well as Westhill.

Last edited:
Monday, May 3

WINNEROPPONENTRESULT
New Hartford@ Utica Proctor21-0Game Details
Cicero-North Syracusevs. Liverpool15-10Game Details

Tuesday, May 4

WINNEROPPONENTRESULT
Carthage@ Thousand Islands17-8Game Details
LaFayettevs. Chittenango19-7Game Details
Westhillvs. Tully13-12Game Details
Marcellusvs. Jordan-Elbridge15-6Game Details
Jamesville-DeWittvs. Auburn16-6Game Details
Baldwinsville@ West Genesee11-4Game Details

Carter Kempney went 8 & 5 for Carthage.
Feel like we have to auto-offer a guy with the name Jameson Bucktooth (who also happens to be at 12 goals and 12 apples through 3 games for Lafayette).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom