2020-21 MLB Off-Season thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2020-21 MLB Off-Season thread

Same old freakin mets, no Bauer or Springer, failure once again.

Same old freakin mets, no Bauer or Springer, failure once again.

The only way 2020/21 offseason is a failure for the Mets is if they don't sign Lindor and Conforto long term. I wanted Bauer and Springer. They get neither. However they do swing a great trade getting Cookie & Lindor. As it stands this offseason was solid, but we'll see how it shakes out with Lindor/Conforto

Padres...we see your Blake Snell, and we one up you!

Padres...we see your Blake Snell, and we one up you!
Padres-Dodgers have turned into Red Sox-Yankees Cold War 2003-2005. Jose Contreras, Curt Schilling, Kevin Brown, Kevin Millar, Gary Sheffield, Aaron Boone, Tom Gordon, Keith Flouke, Randy Johnson added by each team to try and beat the other.

Insane how much talent these two teams are acquiring just to beat each other.

Padres-Dodgers have turned into Red Sox-Yankees Cold War 2003-2005.

Kershaw, Bauer, Buehler, May, Urias, Price, Gonsolin...thats 7! Dodgers have made a recent habit of having more than 5 good starters, and when everyone is healthy and available, just using some of them out of the pen.

Urias was so good in that bullpen role in the playoffs, I wonder if we’ll use him there provided everyone is healthy? He could be a huge weapon coming in for 2 and 3 inning saves if needed.

Kershaw, Bauer, Buehler, May, Urias, Price, Gonsolin...thats 7! Dodgers have made a recent habit of having more than 5 good starters, and when everyone is healthy and available, just using some of them out of the pen.

Urias was so good in that bullpen role in the playoffs, I wonder if he’ll use him there provided everyone is healthy? He could be a huge weapon coming in for 2 and 3 inning saves if needed.
I really hope the Dodgers or Padres don’t have the best record in the NL next year so they don’t play best of 5 it should be the LCS.

If the winner of the West has the best record they will play likely the other in the LDS if they win the wild card game.

The central is going to suck except for the Cardinals.
NL East looks like the Braves vs. Mets vs. Nats.

They didn't get Bauer or Springer.
So what? they got Lindor, Stroman help in the pen, two other starters, a catcher, all without sacrificing ability to resign Conforto, Noah or Lindor for the long term.

This isn’t fantasy baseball... players get a choice. If it were same old Mets, they wouldn’t have even been a part of the conversation much less runners up. The Dodgers have a juggernaut that took almost a decade to build... Cohen has been in charge for not even 4 months.

I bet Mets aren’t done.

So what? they got Lindor, Stroman help in the pen, two other starters, a catcher, all without sacrificing ability to resign Conforto, Noah or Lindor for the long term.

This isn’t fantasy baseball... players get a choice. If it were same old Mets, they wouldn’t have even been a part of the conversation much less runners up. The Dodgers have a juggernaut that took almost a decade to build... Cohen has been in charge for not even 4 months.

I bet Mets aren’t done.
We have no one to play c.f.. We have a good rotation but little depth. If thor doesn't come back and someone gets hurt we are in trouble.

Padres-Dodgers have turned into Red Sox-Yankees Cold War 2003-2005. Jose Contreras, Curt Schilling, Kevin Brown, Kevin Millar, Gary Sheffield, Aaron Boone, Tom Gordon, Keith Flouke, Randy Johnson added by each team to try and beat the other.

And it will be the Cardinals in the WS anyway.

We have no one to play c.f.. We have a good rotation but little depth. If thor doesn't come back and someone gets hurt we are in trouble.
Welcome to year one of the rebuild. Brodie and the Wilpons absolutely killed our near mlb ready talent with his stupid trades to try to compete. It will take a couple of seasons to get out of this mess.

Whatever happens I hope Mets rebuild their training and medical staff and facilities from ground up much like the Bills did when Pegula bought them. Way too many injury issues.

I‘m okay with the roster as is. For the record Mets have a top 10 cf’er... lol.They should make the playoffs but won’t get far. And I’m cool w that if it means Lindor, Noah, Stroman, Conforto for long term.

Welcome to year one of the rebuild. Brodie and the Wilpons absolutely killed our near mlb ready talent with his stupid trades to try to compete. It will take a couple of seasons to get out of this mess.

Whatever happens I hope Mets rebuild their training and medical staff and facilities from ground up much like the Bills did when Pegula bought them. Way too many injury issues.

I‘m okay with the roster as is. For the record Mets have a top 10 cf’er... lol.They should make the playoffs but won’t get far. And I’m cool w that if it means Lindor, Noah, Stroman, Conforto for long term.
What rebuild? This team is supposed to win now. They have the best pitcher in baseball and are wasting him. They have some good young players. We have the richest owner in baseball he was supposed to spend some money this off-season. Fail. Good luck playing 162 games next year with Nimmo in center and Dom in left.

Urias was so good in that bullpen role in the playoffs, I wonder if we’ll use him there provided everyone is healthy? He could be a huge weapon coming in for 2 and 3 inning saves if needed.
“Let’s be pigs.”

Business just picked up in Atlanta for my Braves!

What rebuild? This team is supposed to win now. They have the best pitcher in baseball and are wasting him. They have some good young players. We have the richest owner in baseball he was supposed to spend some money this off-season. Fail. Good luck playing 162 games next year with Nimmo in center and Dom in left.

Cannot pay everyone and stay under the competitive balance tax.

I didn't want everyone I wanted Springer or Bauer. I don't think that's too much to ask for.
So you’re like this with all of your teams. At least you’re consistent.

So you’re like this with all of your teams. At least you’re consistent.
Like what? Disappointed? The Mets Cowboys Syracuse Knicks Rangers haven't exactly been hanging up banners lately.

I didn't want everyone I wanted Springer or Bauer. I don't think that's too much to ask for.
Bauer’s contract is insane. Mets offered more money... dodgers gave him more money upfront.

Springers contract won’t age well and could have meant losing Confort.

Just because they have cash doesnt mean they should waste it.

Bauer’s contract is insane. Mets offered more money... dodgers gave him more money upfront.

Springers contract won’t age well and could have meant losing Confort.

Just because they have cash doesnt mean they should waste it.
Mets have to start spending like a big market team. I agree Bauer got an insane contract but the Mets needed a c.f. If you have to overpay a little you do it.

The Braves are paying Freeman, Acuna and Ozuna combined slightly more than the Dodgers are paying Bauer in 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom