2020-21 MLB Off-Season thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2020-21 MLB Off-Season thread

I didn't want everyone I wanted Springer or Bauer. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

But you also want Thor, Conforto, and Lindor next season.Those three are 75 million or more per season (assuming no owner collusion).

After seeing the contract offers the Mets were never getting Bauer once the Dodgers came in on the deal. Mets offered more money over three years but Dodgers offered 5mm more in year 2. It‘s pretty clear Bauer was dragging this out to go home and play.

It will be interesting to see how Mets view the luxury tax line moving forward... Dodgers clearly don’t care about it but it seems Mets are basing their long term strategy around not breaking the cap too often.

Sherman’s article in the post today about the whole thing is pretty good. The Dodgers are turning into the Jeter era Yanks where star power matters more than money.

But you also want Thor, Conforto, and Lindor next season.Those three are 75 million or more per season (assuming no owner collusion).
Conforto and Lindor yes. I need to see Thor have a big year before I'm willing to commit to him.

1612891170321.png

1612891179041.png

1612891188471.png

7 inning doubleheaders.

Man on 2nd to begin extra innings.

26 man active roster (28 in September). No limit on pitchers (was supposed to be 13 during the season, 14 in Sept).

5 man taxi squad for road trips allowed (must have 1 catcher).

Mets have to start spending like a big market team. I agree Bauer got an insane contract but the Mets needed a c.f. If you have to overpay a little you do it.
The Mets are spending like a big market team. Their payroll is fifth highest. They're behind the other team from NYC, 2 LA teams and Houston. They're only about 3 million behind the 3rd highest payroll. The Dodgers are just spending an absurd amount of money. The Mets may not be spending their money on who you want them to, but they are spending a lot of it.

The Mets are spending like a big market team. Their payroll is fifth highest. They're behind the other team from NYC, 2 LA teams and Houston. They're only about 3 million behind the 3rd highest payroll. The Dodgers are just spending an absurd amount of money. The Mets may not be spending their money on who you want them to, but they are spending a lot of it.
Next year they really aren't, Mcann is only making 10 mil a year, same for Carrasco and Lindor. I like what the Mets have done, they should have signed Springer though.

Next year they really aren't, Mcann is only making 10 mil a year, same for Carrasco and Lindor. I like what the Mets have done, they should have signed Springer though.

I would've liked them to sign Springer for sure.

Their payroll is going to be super high next year though, unless they totally punt on winning. Cano will be back, making like $20. Conforto and Lindor are FA, if you bring them both back, I would say that is conservatively $55-60 million. And they will need to add some pitching, with Thor and Stroman both due to be FA.

I would've liked them to sign Springer for sure.

Their payroll is going to be super high next year though, unless they totally punt on winning. Cano will be back, making like $20. Conforto and Lindor are FA, if you bring them both back, I would say that is conservatively $55-60 million. And they will need to add some pitching, with Thor and Stroman both due to be FA.
Next year for sure, I think you have to pay Lindor and Conforto, Not the biggest Stroman fan especially after what he just did on twitter, I need to see more from Thor before I give him big money. I just think when you have the richest owner in baseball the fanbase has big expectations, we are no longer shopping at the clearance rack at Walmart.

Next year for sure, I think you have to pay Lindor and Conforto, Not the biggest Stroman fan especially after what he just did on twitter, I need to see more from Thor before I give him big money. I just think when you have the richest owner in baseball the fanbase has big expectations, we are no longer shopping at the clearance rack at Walmart.

I'm with you, in general. I would like to see them throw their financial weight around even more. My most forfiving reading of this is they know they're going to blow through the CBT tax next year, so they'd rather not do so this year as well, unless absolutely necessary. BUT they were ready to break the bank for Bauer, so I dunno

Fernando Tatis, Jr just outearned his dad by a lot...14 years $340 mil over 14 years.
It’s actually a great deal for the Padres.
Kid was under their control for 4 more years.
An AAV under 25 million it’s not an overpay and he will get paid during his prime.
He will be 36 when that expires. Great job by both sides. Players should get paid while they are in their prime not for past production.

If I were Ronald Acuna Jr. I would fire my agent today.

lets see where he is in 5 yrs before anyone decides how good a deal it is in 10..

Look at the Cubs with Bryant to see how it can go south fast sometimes.

lets see where he is in 5 yrs before anyone decides how good a deal it is in 10..

Look at the Cubs with Bryant to see how it can go south fast sometimes.
Decisions should be evaluated based on the information available at the time of the decision, not with the benefit of hindsight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom