2020-21 MLB Off-Season thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2020-21 MLB Off-Season thread

Decisions should be evaluated based on the information available at the time of the decision, not with the benefit of hindsight.
so lets pay everyone for what they expect long term and see how well that works out.

so lets pay everyone for what they expect long term and see how well that works out.
most coaches dont make it thru their contracts why would we expect players too. imagine all the money if every coach got a 10 yr deal instead of 4-5..

My feeling based on people my age and younger: Seems like baseball fans are/were baseball players for the most part.

Football and basketball, everybody follows.

I think it has a ton to do with the constant need for stimulation from the cell phones. People don’t have the attention span for baseball, unless they grew up watching it and never stopped or played it and know what a great game it is.

That makes me think the key is finding a way to get more kids playing baseball...and I have no clue how to do that.
It’s friggin starts with T ball, not keeping score, not tracking outs, total parental control. Adults have made the sport boring for the beginners.

why do we care what they do for spring training games.. they do funky stuff all the time with those games and now with so many not having fans who paid to watch who cares.

It’s friggin starts with T ball, not keeping score, not tracking outs, total parental control. Adults have made the sport boring for the beginners.
That’s not it at all.

EuoAjm1XIAEZp6C.jpg

Damon should get his license taken and be lucky if he doesn’t get some jail time.

I was listening to the MLB XM radio channel this morning. They had Pat Tabler on. He is an announcement for the Blue Jays and he was talking about this.

The reason they are starting the season in Dunedin is because they feel Buffalo will be too cold for MLB players in April and May. The hope is to return to Toronto when possible but Buffalo is the backup plan where they think will end up being where they play most of their home games. As a reference, the Raptors are playing their season so far in Tampa and just reached an agreement to play the entire season there, given the hard line Canada has holding to regarding allowing people into the country.

If they do play part or the season in Buffalo, there is a problem with their AAA affliliate, which plays in Buffalo. They can’t both play there so they are actively looking for a home for the Buffalo AAA franchise for this season. I would suggest Auburn, Batavia, or Albany as possibilities.

There are issues with playing in Dunedin. It is in the Rays’ market. But they have been working together and they have been very understanding with the Blue Jays. Maybe because they might soon be playing some home games in Canada (Montreal)?

Anyway, the Buffalo AAA franchise needs a home. I wonder if they could share the Syracuse stadium with the Mets? Central location for the division anyway...

Anyway, the Buffalo AAA franchise needs a home. I wonder if they could share the Syracuse stadium with the Mets? Central location for the division anyway...

In 2012, when SWB was remodeling their stadium, the Railriders played their entire season on the road, bouncing between Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo for "home games".

Umm, yes. I coached it many years. Drove a lot of kids right away
It pushed the parents/kids away who have so little self esteeme that needing to win at everything is their only reason for playing the sport. Most often these are also the kids you really dont want in a program as it moves into better and harder competition.. early sports like baseball and baskeball its usually the biggest wins early on. its really hard to get the kids who might end up with the best skills to stick with it until it evens out 5-10 yrs later

It pushed the parents/kids away who have so little self esteeme that needing to win at everything is their only reason for playing the sport. Most often these are also the kids you really dont want in a program as it moves into better and harder competition.. early sports like baseball and baskeball its usually the biggest wins early on. its really hard to get the kids who might end up with the best skills to stick with it until it evens out 5-10 yrs later

had this conversation many times with locals.. the lower ranks are to try and build the kids up so that when you get up higher and it gets harder you have the kids who can actually play the sport best because 99% of these kids are never playing past HS in almost any sport, especially kids coming from lower level schools. instead they try to beat down the kids. no so much the everyone gets a trophy thing but lets win 25-1.

the better programs are when the better players try to build up the kids who need help instead of destroying them. everyone small school struggles for players in sports and there are always 2-3 kids who do quit because of how it started for them and 2-3 makes a difference in baseball and 1-2 makes a difference basketball. even fball a D school might have 5-6 decent player and then a handful that fill out a team. hard to scheme half the field just 2-3 more decent players is sometime all it takes to go from 1-8 team and 5-5 team and a chance to make playoffs or more.

baseball is all about have 2-3 pitchers at this level.. often 1 more arm or one more kid who can catch the ball changes a team. but if that kid quits 10-15 kids dont have as much fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom