2021 Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class | Syracusefan.com

2021 Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
1621183806927.png

I guess I'm not really seeing Bill Russell as a coach besides those 3 seasons as the Celts player-coach. Guess that was enough

I guess I'm not really seeing Bill Russell as a coach besides those 3 seasons as the Celts player-coach. Guess that was enough
Also, is Rick Adelman really one of the greatest coaches of all-time?

Who isn’t worthy that’s listed?

We can start with Wallace and Adelman and probably Kukoc although I don’t know how this international stuff works with the hall of fame.

We can start with Wallace and Adelman and probably Kukoc although I don’t know how this international stuff works with the hall of fame.
Ben Wallace and Mutombo are the only two players in league history to win Defensive POY 4 times. He was a 5-time All-NBA player. I don't see how he could possibly be left out.

Bosh is interesting. He was an All-Star 11 times, and only made an All-NBA team once. He was always very good, but never a truly elite player.

Ben Wallace and Mutombo are the only two players in league history to win Defensive POY 4 times. He was a 5-time All-NBA player. I don't see how he could possibly be left out.
I guess 5 pts, 9.5 rebs and 2 blks doesn’t impress me for the HOF. We aren’t talking all league.

Wallace is an interesting case because his game is an extreme outlier. One of only 2 guys in NBA history to win DPOY 4X. He has a ring, I think he's worthy.

Adelman... he's a stats accumulator. Very good coach. Not sure he's one of the greats. If we're looking at this from the perspective of overall basketball career though, he was a standout college player, had a decent NBA career, and had a ton of longevity as a head coach.

Kukoc is getting credit for his international years and contributions to the Bulls championships. I'm good with it.

Bosh is interesting. He was an All-Star 11 times, and only made an All-NBA team once. He was always very good, but never a truly elite player.
Yeah, he's a weird one.

The Heatles helps his legacy a ton.

I will always have affection for Chris Bosh. I stood in line behind him waiting to ascend the Great Wall during the 2008 Olympics in China. NBA players are like "gods" in China. While Chris stood in line in the sweltering sun, hundreds of Chinese people pushed their way towards him ... requesting pictures and autographs. He unfailingly satisfied every request .. always with a smile. He was 24 years old at the time, and he was such a great representative of the U.S. The total antithesis of the "ugly American." I've frequently wondered whether I would have been as patient and as gracious as he was. (BTW, I am 5' 8." I look like a midget when standing next to a seven-footer).

May be an image of 2 people, including Joyce Hergenhan, people standing and outdoors

Last edited:
Adleman top 10 in wins, Wallace one of the best defenders ever. Kukoc is probably in with his international stuff and was able to bring it to America and had a very solid career.

I agree Baseballs hall of fame is slipping, but see no issue with this nba class.

He could’ve gotten there but went from the first option to the third and sometimes fourth, also had his career cut short which may account for something.

I’ve heard for years that Webber wasn’t worthy and I’ve disagreed with it. He had an unreal run for the Kings and was part of a group that changed college basketball forever. I’m glad he is finally getting in.
Webber's career PER and VORP suggest he's right around a Top 50 all-time player. It's a shame he didn't get over the hump in 2002. The Kings were so good that year.

"If Michael Jordan played today he would average 97 points per game." -people who stopped watching the NBA in June 1998
Jordan averaged 37 PPG in 1987.
When teams could foul hard and hand check if he played today he would average over 40 PPG in those young days.
Young Jordan got to the hoop on anyone and got fouled hard.

Wallace is an interesting case because his game is an extreme outlier. One of only 2 guys in NBA history to win DPOY 4X. He has a ring, I think he's worthy.

Adelman... he's a stats accumulator. Very good coach. Not sure he's one of the greats. If we're looking at this from the perspective of overall basketball career though, he was a standout college player, had a decent NBA career, and had a ton of longevity as a head coach.

Kukoc is getting credit for his international years and contributions to the Bulls championships. I'm good with it.
The NBA refs robbed Adelman of a title in 2002.

It’s just insane how game 6 WCF gets forgotten. The refs literally fouled out the entire Kings front line and the calls were ridiculous.

The 4th Q officiating is probably the worst quarter I have ever seen and it’s not close.
Watch 1:25:43 to 1:27 when bill Walton blasts the officials and he didn’t like Scott Pollard.

The 4th Q officiating is probably the worst quarter I have ever seen and it’s not close.
Watch 1:25:43 to 1:27 when bill Walton blasts the officials and he didn’t like Scott Pollard.
Here is a condensed version. I was a big kings fan back then, watched them for a couple of years before that because I was a huge Webber fan, had league pass back then just to watch every game. I watched that game live with a Lakers fan and even he was in shock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom