2021 O/U conference Wins | Syracusefan.com

2021 O/U conference Wins

all the more reason to wonder about the over 3 total bet.. they think we beat albany and 1 conf game and then 50/50 we win a 2nd.. but that means we also dont win any other OC game..

the over 3 wins is pretty good value because 3 is a push.. 3.5 would make it harder to call have to win 2 plus 2 conf games.
Before last season I think we won at least 2 conference games every year since we joined the ACC. I'm hoping we win 3 and take of business in OOC play to secure a bowl.

Before last season I think we won at least 2 conference games every year since we joined the ACC. I'm hoping we win 3 and take of business in OOC play to secure a bowl.
it took everything going wrong to not win 2-3 last yr.. BC fail a the end.. all the oline and QBs getting hurt. not winning any of the games in the 4th with multiple shots. those things dont tend to happen every year.. well except for SU.

If we don't get to 6 Ws this year IMO it will be due to the O system being broken. If Babers isn't married to the system (he did coach long before it), I wouldn't mind giving him another year if he switches OCs/systems. As a HC there is a lot to like. I feel like Babers with a different O system is less risks than hiring a new guy.

not even sure we have run the system here very much.. tempo hardly at all and when we did it looked pretty good when we had pieces.

Ish and Phillips were fine and hardly elite level pieces we shouldnt be able to replace. the system gets guys open if the oline is just Ok. if the Oline is a bit better and run sometimes it works even better, If you have a qB that can save plays even better yet.

dont go 1-11 this year. get to 4-6 at the bottom and he gets one more shot at this.

I want to see this D in yr 3 and an oline that plays together for 1 yr then see where we are at.

not even sure we have run the system here very much.. tempo hardly at all and when we did it looked pretty good when we had pieces.

Ish and Phillips were fine and hardly elite level pieces we shouldnt be able to replace. the system gets guys open if the oline is just Ok. if the Oline is a bit better and run sometimes it works even better, If you have a qB that can save plays even better yet.

dont go 1-11 this year. get to 4-6 at the bottom and he gets one more shot at this.

I want to see this D in yr 3 and an oline that plays together for 1 yr then see where we are at.
Yep. I think it boils down to OL play and being too predictable (system needed tweaking as it was getting too easy to defend). Both are fixable.

all the more reason to wonder about the over 3 total bet.. they think we beat albany and 1 conf game and then 50/50 we win a 2nd.. but that means we also dont win any other OC game..

the over 3 wins is pretty good value because 3 is a push.. 3.5 would make it harder to call have to win 2 plus 2 conf games.

It's definitely good value, I'm just not that upset over that number being our O/U

to me Ohio/Liberty/Rutgers/Wake at home/BC at home/Pitt at home/nc st are all at worst 40/60 games.. if we win 2 or less, then over 2 yrs we would be like 2 and 12 in those types of games and that would unusual for any team.

Barring an unusually large amount of injuries or other out of his control freak thing: if Dino can't get 5 wins this year he should be gone. To me 5 wins is a push.

I really expect 6-7 wins though.
5-7 isn’t enough.
This schedule this year isn’t that hard.
If he can’t get to 6-6 atleast we need a new HC and I like Dino and I am a Dino guy.

You can’t have 1 bowl in 6 seasons and expect to remain HC.

Dino’s offenses have left a lot to be desired. He needs a bowl this year.

Barring an unusually large amount of injuries or other out of his control freak thing: if Dino can't get 5 wins this year he should be gone. To me 5 wins is a push.

I really expect 6-7 wins though.
Agree. 4 wins or worse and he's a goner. 6+ and he stays. 5 would be interesting, although I suspect he'd get another year.

If we don't get to 6 Ws this year IMO it will be due to the O system being broken. If Babers isn't married to the system (he did coach long before it), I wouldn't mind giving him another year if he switches OCs/systems. As a HC there is a lot to like. I feel like Babers with a different O system is less risks than hiring a new guy.
100% agree.
Dino is the perfect face for the program (IMO), but in the end is all about W's.

I still have faith.

*DISCLAIMER: I was 100% behind the one who shall never be named, Marrone, and Shafer. It's the curse of bleeding orange.

Go Orange.

Agree. 4 wins or worse and he's a goner. 6+ and he stays. 5 would be interesting, although I suspect he'd get another year.
I think its not just a wins thing, it has to be were we healthy and did we look better.. Offense sells so would people like losing 40-35 more than 30-10?

if we win 3-4 and lose several close games but score in doing it I think they ride it out one more year.

if we are healthy and win 1-2 then I doubt they stay the course..

I think its not just a wins thing, it has to be were we healthy and did we look better.. Offense sells so would people like losing 40-35 more than 30-10?

if we win 3-4 and lose several close games but score in doing it I think they ride it out one more year.

if we are healthy and win 1-2 then I doubt they stay the course..
The first 2 years we at least moved the football with Dungey. Then we had a great year. Tommy hasn't shown the ability to run this offense at any time. If he starts the first game and we don't move the ball, and consistently score TD's he needs to sit. He has been here 4 years, all excuses have been used, Dino choose Tommy as his QB, so if things don"t go right, Dino needs to go.

No way. You don’t get to hire a new offensive coordinator twice with only one winning season in 6 years. The indictment is on him as a CEO.

I've said this before but I think we need to finish the entire season with at least 7 wins.

6 wins gets a P5 team to a bowl game, so when bowl season is done and if we still have only 6 wins it means we went to a bowl, lost the bowl, finished 6-7, and had 5 losing seasons in 6 years including 3 losing seasons in a row.

I don't see how Dino survives that.

I've said this before but I think we need to finish the entire season with at least 7 wins.

6 wins gets a P5 team to a bowl game, so when bowl season is done and if we still have only 6 wins it means we went to a bowl, lost the bowl, finished 6-7, and had 5 losing seasons in 6 years including 3 losing seasons in a row.

I don't see how Dino survives that.

While that would be technically true that might be a little bit of a nitpick. If they make a bowl this year, that'd be only the 7th time we've made any bowl game since 2000, and Dino would've been responsible for two of those appearances.

I'm not ADJW but IMO Dino needs to make two bowl games in these next two years to get fully off the hot seat. Ideally we'd also be continuing to invest in the program to help recruiting and try to become a yearly top 25 team.

While that would be technically true that might be a little bit of a nitpick. If they make a bowl this year, that'd be only the 7th time we've made any bowl game since 2000, and Dino would've been responsible for two of those appearances.

I'm not ADJW but IMO Dino needs to make two bowl games in these next two years to get fully off the hot seat. Ideally we'd also be continuing to invest in the program to help recruiting and try to become a yearly top 25 team.

I get what you are saying but bowls are not what they used to be. Historically, they were a reward for a good season. Now, they are a means to bring $$$ into a community, and nobody can argue that the pitiful standard of a 6-6 minimum record for a P5 team to get a bowl is any indication of excellence.

Like you, I am not ADJW either so we will see if he feels whatever this year's outcome turns out to be meets his expectations.

Bowl game, 7 wins - sure. Might be possible with 5th and 6th years guys in the DL and veteran experience across the OL. It might not be the most talented bunch in the lines, but the experience is there.
Apart from the win count, the assessment for Dino depends on being competitive against rivals, having the offense actually produce and not look over-matched, and upgrading recruiting.
It looks like our 2021 team will be competitive if we can get something from the QB spot. We don’t want a one-year burst (as in 2018) then a fall off. And that comes back to recruiting.

I get what you are saying but bowls are not what they used to be. Historically, they were a reward for a good season. Now, they are a means to bring $$$ into a community, and nobody can argue that the pitiful standard of a 6-6 minimum record for a P5 team to get a bowl is any indication of excellence.

Like you, I am not ADJW either so we will see if he feels whatever this year's outcome turns out to be meets his expectations.
But the bowls haven't been what they used to be for some time now. It's how coaches are now measured.

If HCDB gets us to a bowl this year, regardless, he comes back. IMO.

The first 2 years we at least moved the football with Dungey. Then we had a great year. Tommy hasn't shown the ability to run this offense at any time. If he starts the first game and we don't move the ball, and consistently score TD's he needs to sit. He has been here 4 years, all excuses have been used, Dino choose Tommy as his QB, so if things don"t go right, Dino needs to go.
“At any time” … that’s probably a bit far given we don’t win 10 Eric’s last year without him

Good post. Dino is all charisma. I dont consider him to be the X and O guru. He isnt known as a great play caller and or in game genius.
Hes a solid CEO. Good front guy who needs excellent OC and DC.
Hopefully Gilbert knows what hes doing and Dino allows him the freedom to.

“At any time” … that’s probably a bit far given we don’t win 10 Eric’s last year without him
In the grand scheme of things and with consistency, not really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom