2021 Schedule | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Schedule

MCO as you leave has a bunch of toll roads at the airport exit which causes tourists confusion.

If you come to Florida occasionally...getting a portable Sunpass is nice to have.

Wish E-ZPass was nationwide

Honestly I’ve never driven in or out of mco. Magic express, cab, or car service. It’s sucky inside too. Less of a big deal though when deboarding then when having to go through security.

I'm planning on the VA Tech game as my only chance for an away game. Never been there before.There didn't seem like a lot of great hotel/food options (correct me if I'm wrong!) and I don't like driving much more than 4hrs a day. So decided to make a weekend of it. From central PA, we're going to drive to Roanoke, get good grub, stay over night, then drive less than an hour into the game, watch an Orange victory, then repeat in reverse. Any tips?

Yes unless they change the schedule, the direct flight from Syracuse to Raleigh also ends around the end of October. Not good.
I just checked the Frontier site and they have the flights through December. It showed Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday flights each week. The cost right now for the weekend of the NC State game is $324 with Discount Den ($375 without). Definitely will want to watch for sales.

I'm planning on the VA Tech game as my only chance for an away game. Never been there before.There didn't seem like a lot of great hotel/food options (correct me if I'm wrong!) and I don't like driving much more than 4hrs a day. So decided to make a weekend of it. From central PA, we're going to drive to Roanoke, get good grub, stay over night, then drive less than an hour into the game, watch an Orange victory, then repeat in reverse. Any tips?
Book a refundable room right now. I stayed near the airport in Roanoke before (decent safe area). Can't comment on the local food. I expect traffic will get backed up as it is set up similar to Clemson. Radford is really nice town. Worth a visit.

MCO as you leave has a bunch of toll roads at the airport exit which causes tourists confusion.

If you come to Florida occasionally...getting a portable Sunpass is nice to have.

Wish E-ZPass was nationwide
Last couple of times I went to Florida, the rental cars all had SunPass installed and I think you only had to pull a switch to enable it.

Not a bad deal. A lot of the locals in the Orlando area use the tolls roads all the time because often the traffic is a lot less, as the tourists tend to avoid them. They told me drive the tolls roads whenever possible, especially when Disney traffic is high.

From what I saw, this was sage advice.

I just checked the Frontier site and they have the flights through December. It showed Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday flights each week. The cost right now for the weekend of the NC State game is $324 with Discount Den ($375 without). Definitely will want to watch for sales.
That is good news. The bad news is that the same flight the week before is $185. I wonder what the price difference was before the ACC football schedule was released?

roch to raleigh is probably gonna be like $125 each way on southwest looking at the fairs they have now. Buffalo is like $100.

roch to raleigh is probably gonna be like $125 each way on southwest looking at the fairs they have now. Buffalo is like $100.

You might look at driving from Ithaca...between driving to SYR, ROC or BUF, renting a car a drive of 9-10 hours is a viable option. Maybe a leaf peeping visit in the Shenandoah?

That is good news. The bad news is that the same flight the week before is $185. I wonder what the price difference was before the ACC football schedule was released?
It's also the week before Thanksgiving so that may also have an effect. This early, they throw outrageous fares around holidays to see what demand is. I have a feeling by late summer it will be included in one of their sales.

1612373069615.png

That's bad, right? ugh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom