2021 Schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Schedule

Some thought out there too...that more people actually got Covid and didn't know it. Herd Immunity might be here sooner than later.

100%

would be SHOCKED if it’s not 50% capacity or more next season.

southern schools out of NY will all be 100% for sure

Some thought out there too...that more people actually got Covid and didn't know it. Herd Immunity might be here sooner than later.
yep a bunch got covid likely had no symptoms and went about there life like normal besides wearing masks especially in the spring where it was hard to get a test or had no interest in waiting 3-5 to be off work or at home for no reason. I personally wouldnt be shocked if i had it in the spring as i had never felt that bad from a cold but st that time it was fever, shortness of breath as main symptoms of which i had none but i sucked it up and got thru it it in 2-3 weeks. Sleeping was the hardest

its a pretty good chance that we have 4-5 kinds of vaccine by April. with the things they want to get done it wouldnt be a surprise that we go way past the numbers they hope for in vaccinations by end of Feb.. There are lots of people who can give shots who are not being used because there really isnt enough vaccine.

its a pretty good chance that we have 4-5 kinds of vaccine by April. with the things they want to get done it wouldnt be a surprise that we go way past the numbers they hope for in vaccinations by end of Feb.. There are lots of people who can give shots who are not being used because there really isnt enough vaccine.
johnson and johnson should be approved and available by then

johnson and johnson should be approved and available by then
i think they are 2-3 weeks away and they will go faster with so many less issues giving that shot out.

since upstate ny got the shaft on doses this week i signed up for one of the state run ones in early april before they were all filled just to be guaranteed by end of april id be safe

i think they are 2-3 weeks away and they will go faster with so many less issues giving that shot out.
hope so the more people take the vaccine with no adverse reactions will help those uneasy about being vaccinated to come aboard. and the j & J is supposedly only a 1 shot needed version

sutomcat NC State doesn't play at home during the fair. The Fair Lots are used for home football games. Building a schedule so far out...I think they figure all teams will be or close to full capacity.

sutomcat NC State doesn't play at home during the fair. The Fair Lots are used for home football games. Building a schedule so far out...I think they figure all teams will be or close to full capacity.
Yes, that is why I said the game at NC State will not be played when the NC State Fair is going on...

I predict our first ACC game will be at home against Clemson.

The Bills playoff game was the pilot for NYS for starting to allow crowds to attend sporting events again and as far as I can tell, it was a success. That was a big step forward on this front.

Yes, SU was close to opening the dome to limited crowds (students and staff only) all the way back towards the end of the football season. A big spike in COVID cases on campus ended those plans.

It looks like SU might finally implement that plan next month.

At one point, I was reading articles where experts were confident most of the country would have the vaccine by the end of the summer. I think that has changed. Distribution of the vacccine has gone slower than expected. And there is still the vexing problem that about 50% of the country apparently still has major misgivings about getting the vaccine.

There seems to be fairly strong agreement in the scientific field that herd immunity is real and can be achieved when somewhere in the range of 70-80% of the population has had COVID or been vaccinated against it.

I am guessing full or close to full crowds will be permitted when a region reaches herd immunity. If I had to guess, I would think NYS will not be at 75% by the start of football season. The state should be close enough to allow some crowds at games. My WAG right now is they will allow 25-50% capacity for football games. Probably going to need prove of vaccination, prove of immunity because of infection and there will probably be temp checks at the gate and masks will be mandatory if not eating or drinking. All just guesses though.

So I agree that there should be some fan presence for the football season. Definitely expect to see the students and staff (the people already in the university bubble). I think some season ticket holders with a lot of points will get in too. The biggest concerns that might stop this are 1) mutant strains of the virus that are more lethal or more infectious (this already appears to be happening) and 2) continued refusal of a significant portion of the population to be vaccinated. Pretty sure both are going to be issues prevent a return to a somewhat normal life.

I am more concerned about 2) then 1).
good thing about 25%-50% capacity is it will look like a normal football game at the dome

But right now they're saying immunity from having the virus is only good for 6 months. Of course, that could change a million times between now and then as they keep researching.

Last edited:
But right now they're saying immunity from having the cirus is only good for 6 months. Of course, that could change a million times between now and then as they keep researching.
And if true... Covid-19 could be a cash cow for big pharma with annual Covid shots.

And if true... Covid-19 could be a cash cow for big pharma with annual Covid shots.
Could be. I haven't heard anyone mention whether the vaccine may provide immunity for a different length of time than what you get from contracting and recovering. I suppose we just don't know yet.

But right now they're saying immunity from having the cirus is only good for 6 months. Of course, that could change a million times between now and then as they keep researching.
I believe the latest research looking at some of the earliest people infected indicates immunity is intact in about 90% of the population 9 months post infection. The experts are now saying immunity is now thought to last at least a year. Probably years.

74AE6B79-F723-4DE2-AD71-AB32E71AFD9D.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom