2021 Schedule | Syracusefan.com

2021 Schedule

Our first 4 games are nonconference games next year.
So we won’t be playing any conference games till October.

And we know that we'll be going to BC and Wake, and that Louisville will be coming here, because they said they were going to avoid one team going to the same place 3 years straight.

Assume FSU will come here to offset right?

Also assume no change to the crossovers and we head to Blacksburg?

EDIT: It appears that intelligent powers that be who run this place already put all this out there on the future schedules page.

And we know that we'll be going to BC and Wake, and that Louisville will be coming here, because they said they were going to avoid one team going to the same place 3 years straight.

Assume FSU will come here to offset right?

Also assume no change to the crossovers and we head to Blacksburg?
At BC
At Wake
At NC State
At Virginia Tech
Louisville
Clemson
Pittsburgh
Florida State

Which sucks that FSU and Clemson aren’t split anymore.
I wouldn’t mind it if the ACC sends NC State here again and we play at Florida State next year.

At BC
At Wake
At NC State
At Virginia Tech
Louisville
Clemson
Pittsburgh
Florida State

I wouldn’t mind it if the ACC sends NC State here again and we play at Florida State next year.

It's a good schedule for us next year only but I agree I'd rather have Clemson/FSU split up every year again. Or hopefully the conference will move to the pod system in the near future

Probably a good idea, assuming FSU will resemble FSU again someday. I just peeked at their 2021 class rankings, not good by their standards (30 on one site, 37 on another).

Saturday September 4that Ohio
Saturday September 11thRUTGERS
Saturday, September 19thSUNY ALBANY
Saturday, September 25thLIBERTY
Saturday, October 2ndBYE? Possible bye date, Only 1 in 2021
Thursday, October 7that NC State Can’t be 10/14-10/24
Saturday, October 16thCLEMSON
Saturday, October 23rdat Virginia Tech
Saturday, October 30thFLORIDA STATE
Saturday, November 6thLOUISVILLE
Saturday, November 13that Wake Forest
Friday, November 19thPITTSBURGH
Saturday, November 27th?at Boston College

Here is my guess as to the dates. Don’t not be surprised if the ACC changes the date of one of the OOC games to fit an ACC game into September. Hopefully they won’t and we finally go into October undefeated.

I believe there is only 1 bye date for 2021. If this is true, it would ideally be scheduled between games 6 and 7 but I am guessing we will get an early one.

I think SU and BC are obligated to host a home game on a Friday night (didn’t happen last year because of the pandemic). Guessing it will be Pitt. Guessing we end with Wake, Pitt and BC because we tend to get those teams late but that is really a crap shoot.

It seems like they have to play NC State on a Thursday night a lot. If we do, it will be the week after the bye. Can’t play there from 10/14-10/24 because NC State plays next to the NC State Fair, which is scheduled to be held during that time span. My understanding is they hare parking lots and playing a game during the fair is a hard no. Who knows, maybe COVID will still be a problem limiting crowds and it will be okay. I doubt they will schedule it that way.

It's a good schedule for us next year only but I agree I'd rather have Clemson/FSU split up every year again. Or hopefully the conference will move to the pod system in the near future
2 ways to think about it.. if we are good we get the 2 best at home.. if we are bad does it really matter?

if we are good and bad teams come at least it wont be hot any more in the dome

Obviously this doesn't mean anything right now, but as a general frame of reference for 2021 opponents: Clemson #1 and Liberty #24

They will probably have us play at Clemson six times.

Obviously this doesn't mean anything right now, but as a general frame of reference for 2021 opponents: Clemson #1 and Liberty #24

in a normal year liberty would be a fringe 40-50 type team at best

in a normal year liberty would be a fringe 40-50 type team at best

Interesting comment that they will have to hold off P5 suitors for Willis. Has he pounded his way into the portal?

A source said the conference has elected to play out the 2021 season as it was scheduled prior to the coronavirus pandemic. That means a return to the two-division format and eight conference games is coming.

The pre-pandemic 2021 SU conference schedule included games against Atlantic Division foes Clemson, Florida State, Louisville, North Carolina State, Wake Forest and Boston College, as well as Coastal Division games against Pittsburgh and Virginia Tech.

I like the idea that Pitt and BC are on opposite years so they both aren’t either home or away on the same year.

Only two of which should be “sure wins”.
Additional wins over Rutgirls and Liberty (revenge!) would be awesome.

I think by Labor Day we'll see enough people vaccinated to have regular crowds at football or at least 50-60% capacity.

I think by Labor Day we'll see enough people vaccinated to have regular crowds at football or at least 50-60% capacity.

I would be floored not to see people in the Dome for next season

especially as tall that they are going to start allowing students into the Dome for basketball this season

I would be floored not to see people in the Dome for next season

especially as tall that they are going to start allowing students into the Dome for basketball this season
The Bills playoff game was the pilot for NYS for starting to allow crowds to attend sporting events again and as far as I can tell, it was a success. That was a big step forward on this front.

Yes, SU was close to opening the dome to limited crowds (students and staff only) all the way back towards the end of the football season. A big spike in COVID cases on campus ended those plans.

It looks like SU might finally implement that plan next month.

At one point, I was reading articles where experts were confident most of the country would have the vaccine by the end of the summer. I think that has changed. Distribution of the vacccine has gone slower than expected. And there is still the vexing problem that about 50% of the country apparently still has major misgivings about getting the vaccine.

There seems to be fairly strong agreement in the scientific field that herd immunity is real and can be achieved when somewhere in the range of 70-80% of the population has had COVID or been vaccinated against it.

I am guessing full or close to full crowds will be permitted when a region reaches herd immunity. If I had to guess, I would think NYS will not be at 75% by the start of football season. The state should be close enough to allow some crowds at games. My WAG right now is they will allow 25-50% capacity for football games. Probably going to need prove of vaccination, prove of immunity because of infection and there will probably be temp checks at the gate and masks will be mandatory if not eating or drinking. All just guesses though.

So I agree that there should be some fan presence for the football season. Definitely expect to see the students and staff (the people already in the university bubble). I think some season ticket holders with a lot of points will get in too. The biggest concerns that might stop this are 1) mutant strains of the virus that are more lethal or more infectious (this already appears to be happening) and 2) continued refusal of a significant portion of the population to be vaccinated. Pretty sure both are going to be issues prevent a return to a somewhat normal life.

I am more concerned about 2) then 1).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom