2021 Shayeann Day-Wilson (ON) Decommitted / Flipped to Duke | Syracusefan.com

2021 Shayeann Day-Wilson (ON) Decommitted / Flipped to Duke

Shayann Day-Wilson Top 4:

1) Syracuse
2) Notre Dame
3) Florida
4) Michigan

(Process of elimination means their final two schools will be Syracuse and Florida)

E5E013DC-7D1C-44C2-AF2D-F2A88B55451E.jpeg

View attachment 181147
Might be a little biased, but the middle one would look awfully good on you!;)
Lattimore and Day-Wilson are committing tonight. It is expected they are going to go to the same school.

If it is Syracuse, the program will officially have arrived as a new major power in women’s college basketball.

Shayeann is announcing her decision @ 9 on Instagram Live

Another monster day for the program.

Shayeann and LaTasha are big time talents and have big time personalities as well. They are going to be really popular with Syracuse fans. Great kids.

I agree! I have been watching their live on instagram and they had me almost about to cry and then start laughing 2 seconds later. So happy for Q and the program-- this is a great way to start off the recruitment for the 2021 class.

I agree! I have been watching their live on instagram and they had me almost about to cry and then start laughing 2 seconds later. So happy for Q and the program-- this is a great way to start off the recruitment for the 2021 class.
Agree.

When I watch Day-Wilson play, she reminds me a lot of Jonny Flynn. Great athlete who is a little undersized. Very exciting, likes to put on a show, fun to watch, exceptional body control, at her best when the team is running.

Another similarity is that like with Jonny, she is coming in with a teammate, and the teammate is higher ranked that she is.

NaTasha is ranked #11 in the 2021 class, Shyanne is ranked 73rd.

I don’t want to denigrate LaTasha, who I think is going to be terrific for us. But I suspect Shyeanne is widely underrated and, like Flynn, is going to end up far better than expected at the college level.

SU is loading up with guards. The frenetic pace Q likes to play requires some serious depth. I think that in the future, we might see a lot of situations where we play 2 bigs and 3 guards. You can do that when the bigs are 6’5 or so each...

That was an awesome video. The University of Syracuse. You have to love US.

The women are killing it on the recruiting trail. Hillsman has recruited two top ten players in the past two years. One 6’6” and the other 6’4”. Their style of play and the number of players he uses is not scaring kids away.