2021-22 Transfer Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 Transfer Thread

Wouldn't be a offseason tit for tat. Only plug in star would equate

I don’t think I follow - not interested IT?

Virginia losses Laviano, Bertrand and Aitkin. Cormier and Shellenberger probably move full time to attack with Moore but that’s still three starting spots up for the taking. Interesting decision on his part. Cuse will have spots open but competition will still be stiff.

Would be interested, but also have the feeling the staff will have heavy aspirations for a serious, already high level transfer, possibly of the grad-transfer variety. Rehfuss and (most likely) Scanlan out next year may have us looking for a Wycoff style attack transfer to go along with Seebold and Hiltz as a hold out before the Spallina era begins. Wonder if we would shoot for someone like Madronic from Harvard as he and Hiltz have the Culver connection. He is a grad transfer next year right?

Would be interested, but also have the feeling the staff will have heavy aspirations for a serious, already high level transfer, possibly of the grad-transfer variety. Rehfuss and (most likely) Scanlan out next year may have us looking for a Wycoff style attack transfer to go along with Seebold and Hiltz as a hold out before the Spallina era begins. Wonder if we would shoot for someone like Madronic from Harvard as he and Hiltz have the Culver connection. He is a grad transfer next year right?

I like this idea better, no offense to this kid he could be really good but what about some of the current freshman on the roster? I'd like to think next season Ferris could be primed to start or some of the other guys would be ready to assert themselves.

I think this idea makes the most sense, if the right senior is available. Would imagine that the attack will have Hiltz and maybe Seebold if he decides to come back for a fifth year. I do wonder what might be available in the transfer market. I beleive the Ivy League is giving its players an extra year of eligibility for this year, so I don't think you'll see a mass exodus like last year with Sowers/Merrill, etc. 2023 is a different story and you might see more Ivy players enter the portal with that additional year they got for 2020 (man this is complicated). Madronic is in the portal for 2023.

So I guess outside of a surprise declaration (which I'm sure there will be), you'd focus on schools that don't have grad schools, like most Patriot League teams and schools like Hobart. I don't know of any star players at schools like that, for this year (thinking of an Eric Holden, Griffin Brown, Will Yorke, etc). That said players might just want to go to grad school somewhere else (like Will Bowen is doing by transferring to Georgetown). Also, as Charlie Bertrand proved, there could be some very enticing options in DIII. Should be another interesting summer of free agency.

I like this idea better, no offense to this kid he could be really good but what about some of the current freshman on the roster? I'd like to think next season Ferris could be primed to start or some of the other guys would be ready to assert themselves.
We also have two potential candidates who are either injured or red shirted, Tenaglia from Furman and freshman Birtwhistle. Dark horse could be class of 2021 recruit Matteo Corsi, who has some very nice quickness at attack. It would be healthier to give them a shot than to bring in another guy who is also yet to prove himself.

I think this idea makes the most sense, if the right senior is available. Would imagine that the attack will have Hiltz and maybe Seebold if he decides to come back for a fifth year. I do wonder what might be available in the transfer market. I beleive the Ivy League is giving its players an extra year of eligibility for this year, so I don't think you'll see a mass exodus like last year with Sowers/Merrill, etc. 2023 is a different story and you might see more Ivy players enter the portal with that additional year they got for 2020 (man this is complicated). Madronic is in the portal for 2023.

So I guess outside of a surprise declaration (which I'm sure there will be), you'd focus on schools that don't have grad schools, like most Patriot League teams and schools like Hobart. I don't know of any star players at schools like that, for this year (thinking of an Eric Holden, Griffin Brown, Will Yorke, etc). That said players might just want to go to grad school somewhere else (like Will Bowen is doing by transferring to Georgetown). Also, as Charlie Bertrand proved, there could be some very enticing options in DIII. Should be another interesting summer of free agency.
Dang. Did not realize that with Madronic.

We should be all over him but this has Duke or ND written all over it.

Yeah, ND especially since they got Thornton and Gallagher last year and they really recruit Long Island. They do have Westlin and Kavanaugh coming back, plus Chris Kavanagh so maybe they think they are set. Duke recruits Long Island and doesn’t have a quarterback after Sowers so that makes sense too. Denver losses a lot and Maryland needs to replace Bernhardt so add that to the list. We’ll see what happens, but have to imagine competition will be stiff.

I think whether Maryland goes after an offensive transfer depends a lot on what the 3 true seniors: Wisnauskas, A.DeMaio, and Fairman decide to do.
Until then I'm thinking face-off man.

Big addition -

Tough break for Nova, lost Kirst and Khan in back to back years. Rutty and Maryland and SU should be active here, not so sure on Duke and the rest of the ACC, maybe UVA.

Tough break for Nova, lost Kirst and Khan in back to back years. Rutty and Maryland and SU should be active here, not so sure on Duke and the rest of the ACC, maybe UVA.

Yes, he's from Delbarton so those schools make sense. Maryland has a big hole to repalce with Bernhardt gone. It hasn't stopped him in the past but Tillman has a number of highly ranked recruits already on the roster, and Griffin Brown and Eric Holden haven't worked out great this year. UVA will have a spot with Laviano deciding to move on but presumably Shellenberger and Cormier will want to be full time attack. Maybe if he's willing to play midfield. Rutgers will have a lot to replace. Maybe Denver as well, they lose Morrill and Walker. Hopefully SU is in the mix.

Khan is bound for Maryland or Rutgers, I'd say. Maybe UVA or Hopkins, if DeSimone leaves. Khan did a PG year at the Hill Academy.

Khan is top tier and would be fantastic replacement for Refhuss who will be missed. Khan distributes and scores well. Had five goals in last game vs Georgeytwon. Cant see Rutgers as they will fall off towards bottom of BIG next year . Khan played for Delbarton but hails from Chatham , same town as def Conklin who wastes his lax skills at Holy Cross. They may or may not be friends but landing Khan or that duo would be beneficial. May be delusional a but Cuse can be top five next year if a few top adds happen

Khan is bound for Maryland or Rutgers, I'd say. Maybe UVA or Hopkins, if DeSimone leaves. Khan did a PG year at the Hill Academy.
I watched Khan closely in the Georgetown/Nova tourney game - he was extremely impressive. Speed, power, great shooter and dodger. And he did this against the Hoyas defense and goalie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom