2022-‘23 PICK 3 MVPs Thread (Game #1 Lehigh - 11/7) | Syracusefan.com

2022-‘23 PICK 3 MVPs Thread (Game #1 Lehigh - 11/7)

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
The Official 2022-‘23 Pick 3 MVPs Season Thread

***Back by popular demand***

For those that are new to this board tradition, here's how it works.

After each game, pick the three SU players that were MVPs of the game. List them in order of importance to the game, i.e. first, second, third. Even in losses, we still pick three!

I’ll then assign five points for each player that tallies a first place vote, three for each player that tallies a second place vote, and one point for each player that tallies a third place vote. I’ll keep a running tally and at the end of the season we’ll see whose garnered the most MVP points.

(i.e 3 posters voted Jesse as #1 in their voting tally, he’d get 15 points for that game. If 3 posters voted for Symir as #2, he’d get 9 points for that game. If 3 posters voted for JG3 as #3, he’d get 3 points for that game.)

Please post your responses in this format;

#1 top player
#2 ranked player
#3 ranked player

Points can be garnered for the previous game until tip-off of the next one.

Last edited:
What do y’all think?…better to have a pinned thread or a new one after each game?

What do y’all think?…better to have a pinned thread or a new one after each game?

Whatever you want is fine.

Jesse
Joe
Judah

Keep the votes coming! We’ve got almost a week until the next game!

I strongly prefer a new thread after each game. Last year, with that long thread, it was sometimes hard to figure out which game was being discussed. Also, the long thread was sometimes annoying because it involved so much scrolling after each game. It is much cleaner to do a thread for each game... while acknowledging the season's standing with the first post in each thread.

I strongly prefer a new thread after each game. Last year, with that long thread, it was sometimes hard to figure out which game was being discussed. Also, the long thread was sometimes annoying because it involved so much scrolling after each game. It is much cleaner to do a thread for each game... while acknowledging the season's standing with the first post in each thread.

cto thanks for that. Good feedback. That type of direction was what I was looking for when I asked the question. I’ve edited this thread to be the Lehigh thread with the votes already garnered and then go forward from there.

It's extra work for the mods, but would it make sense to pin/unpin them? I'd make sure to get one up immediately after each game. After the game thread gets locked, someone could unpin the previous game's MVP thread and pin the new one I start?

I'll do better this year with keeping a running tally/keeping on track with these.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom