Georgia Tech at Iowa

Wednesday, Nov. 30
Ohio State at Duke
Purdue at Florida State
Rutgers at Miami
North Carolina at Indiana
Michigan State at Notre Dame
Boston College at Nebraska

Playing against former SU recruits Skyy Clark and Dain Dainja.

curious as to how the SU-Ill matchup was selected - typically the try for roughly equal standing in respective conference - but Ill is slotted by most to be 1-2 in b1g while we're slotted middle third acc at best...

curious as to how the SU-Ill matchup was selected - typically the try for roughly equal standing in respective conference - but Ill is slotted by most to be 1-2 in b1g while we're slotted middle third acc at best...
Hopefully it’s just a case of trying for fresher matchups. Not a lot of repeat opponents in here from recent years, which is nice to see. I’m just glad we aren’t playing one of Wisconsin, Rutgers, Indiana, or Ohio State this year.

Joe and Jesse better be ready to put the team on their backs because our freshmen might get eaten alive. Hell of a first true road game.

Excited for it though. Gonna see if this group has some stones nice and early.

Dang it. The one year they are close enough for me to get to see in person they come when I will be on vacation in the Philippines. UGH.

They lost all 5 starters. Yes, they did well in the portal and have a good class coming in, but 5 new starters is still 5 new starters.

Dang it. The one year they are close enough for me to get to see in person they come when I will be on vacation in the Philippines. UGH.
That begs the question, of all the places to go on vaca, why go to the Philippines? Is that some sort of tribute to Doug M.?

They lost all 5 starters. Yes, they did well in the portal and have a good class coming in, but 5 new starters is still 5 new starters.
They have 3 really good, experienced xfers coming in. But yeah, should tell us a lot about our squad.

They are around 15 in the early offseason preseason rankings.

I assume they don't play in any decent tournament like Maui before this where they could rack up losses?

A loss doesn't hurt us on selection Sunday and a win is huge we should get big ESPN. With the nosedive the program has taken recently we should appreciate not being sent to Nebraska or Northwestern in this thing our play on the court hasn't exactly earned matchups with the big names.

I'm pleasantly surprised. I had us pegged to be at Wisconsin in our usual slot, on The Ocho opposite MNF, because ESPN "loves" the both of us so much.

Then signed with the Jazz.
wow, unbelievable, undrafted! Just goes to show you how tough it is to make the league. I remember when we recruited him. I was watching a random Illini game last year, I don't even remember who they were playing, and he looked like a man among boys. Thanks for the updates on him. Orangezoo

I was curious about that, also. While I didn't look into it, I just presumed that Illinois was in OOC season events with other ACC teams (I know Illinois and UVa are in tournament together), and that the home/road game rotation came into play.

Anyone know when tickets go on sale? And will we be able to buy them through SU?

That begs the question, of all the places to go on vaca, why go to the Philippines? Is that some sort of tribute to Doug M.?
My wife is Filipino. She has dual citizenship. We have built a house and have a truck over there for when we go back, and eventually retire. Two years ago her dad died and due to Covid and all its restrictions has never been able to go back to get the proper closure she needs. Her youngest sister is also waiting for us to come back and will get married while we are there. I really don't like Manila, but thankfully she is from the Visayas region on an Island called Negros Oriental. We fly into Dumaguete and live in Bacong. The next town down, Dauin, is very famous for its diving. Dumaguete has also been rated the 5th best place in the world to retire. It is a nice place, but like stepping back into the 1970's or 1980's.

wow, unbelievable, undrafted! Just goes to show you how tough it is to make the league. I remember when we recruited him. I was watching a random Illini game last year, I don't even remember who they were playing, and he looked like a man among boys. Thanks for the updates on him. Orangezoo
Living in Iowa, I have watched him a few different times, and honestly I thought he was vastly overrated. When he would stand up straight and just go, he could play with the best of them. But he often kind of slumped over, maybe in an effort to take up more room and it slowed him down a lot. He oozes potential, and I think once he gets a coach who will work with him on a few things could end up a beast. I don't know if he will ever be a starter in the NBA but will be a great 6th man.

Living in Iowa, I have watched him a few different times, and honestly I thought he was vastly overrated. When he would stand up straight and just go, he could play with the best of them. But he often kind of slumped over, maybe in an effort to take up more room and it slowed him down a lot. He oozes potential, and I think once he gets a coach who will work with him on a few things could end up a beast. I don't know if he will ever be a starter in the NBA but will be a great 6th man.
I looked up his stats, he averaged 21 ppg and 11rpg, a double-double. Hard to believe a double-double in the Big 10 doesn't get you drafted. Then again, Buddy led the ACC in scoring and didn’t get drafted either. The NBA has got to be the toughest pro league to make, only 14 spots per team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom