AP - Sean Tucker, Syracuse, 64

Defense
LB - Mikel Jones, Syracuse, 55

Honorable-Mention All-ACC
LB - Marlowe Wax, Syracuse, 16
CB - Duce Chestnut, Syracuse, 39
CB - Garrett Williams, Syracuse, 26
S - Ja'Had Carter, Syracuse, 33

Wax honorable mention. That’s BS. At the same time I’m surprised Gadsden got 1st team Wr. He was great for us he just seems like a type the Acc would over look.

I’ll bet anything it’s a product of our fade down the stretch. If we finished at 9-3 they would be 1st team guys. But at the end of the day we proved the narrative in the media that we were a paper tiger all year and “got lucky” early on.

im sure the defensive performance against FSU was still fresh in every voters mind as well. As a person who has been a part of sports all star voting (not football, and certainly not D1) it’s a common place issue Amongst voters. Top teams and “hot teams” down the stretch get more credence than top players on bad teams. perception is just an extra hurdle to be overcome by top kids on weak squads.

Wax had a better case for 3rd team. Jones’ production was less than last year. Both outside top 10 in tackles, outside top 20 sacks and tackles for loss.

Wax had a better case for 3rd team. Jones’ production was less than last year. Both outside top 10 in tackles, outside top 20 sacks and tackles for loss.
Plus, the ACC was loaded with great LBs this season. That Drake Thomas guy from NC State only made 2nd team and I think he is an All American level player.

We had a lot of good players on defense but there was only one great one.

That was Garrett Williams, who should have been first team all conference. I suspect he would have been, had he stayed healthy. He was having a remarkable season. Great in coverage and perhaps even better in run support. Extraordinary tackling ability in the open field.

Plus, the ACC was loaded with great LBs this season. That Drake Thomas guy from NC State only made 2nd team and I think he is an All American level player.

We had a lot of good players on defense but there was only one great one.

That was Garrett Williams, who should have been first team all conference. I suspect he would have been, had he stayed healthy. He was having a remarkable season. Great in coverage and perhaps even better in run support. Extraordinary tackling ability in the open field.
yep

Agree. At the end of the day, they look at stats.

Maybe it throws a chip on Wax's shoulder for next year. I feel great about our LB play, no matter what all conference team they end up on.

I’ll bet anything it’s a product of our fade down the stretch. If we finished at 9-3 they would be 1st team guys. But at the end of the day we proved the narrative in the media that we were a paper tiger all year and “got lucky” early on.

im sure the defensive performance against FSU was still fresh in every voters mind as well. As a person who has been a part of sports all star voting (not football, and certainly not D1) it’s a common place issue Amongst voters. Top teams and “hot teams” down the stretch get more credence than top players on bad teams. perception is just an extra hurdle to be overcome by top kids on weak squads.
Good points but UVA was crap ALL season and they have 3 guys total on the 1st and 2nd teams

Agree. At the end of the day, they look at stats.

Maybe it throws a chip on Wax's shoulder for next year. I feel great about our LB play, no matter what all conference team they end up on.
Stats may have got Tucker 2nd team - not sure he was worthy of that in the games I watched this year.