2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay us!
f78459e1ce4071c2bb2a7972473b389b.gif

This is great news. Quality PG and SG who will spend the next year as teammates at prep school, and now an agile big man who could actually generate some offense from the low post.

Add another wing, and this is a fine class. Bunch was with him on his official, so he's likely the last man for the class.

Players don’t redshirt? Interesting.

I don't think we've voluntarily redshirted anybody in quite a few years, except for injury.

Who was the last one? Chino Obokoh? I'm not even sure that we redshirted him.

I know we redshirted JBA, but I think that was caused by immigration issues, him not being able to join the team for pre-season, something like that. And I also think he may have opted out due to COVID.

But the developmental type of redshirting that you commonly see in football is pretty much gone in college hoops these days.

I don't think we've voluntarily redshirted anybody in quite a few years, except for injury.

I know we redshirted JBA, but I think that was caused by immigration issues, him not being able to join the team for pre-season, something like that. And I also think he may have opted out due to COVID.

But the developmental type of redshirting that you commonly see in football is pretty much gone in college hoops these days.
Matty Moyer

Indeed. And he was behind FOUR guards, the 4th of which was MCW, who also rode a lotta pine his Frosh year, so it made tons of sense.

We're not likely to see another non-injury RS in hoops ever again.
Literally happened last year.

Literally happened last year.
It happened with Bol, and may happen again with Carey. But I think it's a big red flag to have a redshirt year in 2021. I think the coaches have higher hopes for Carey. We'll see if those are warranted.

Yes, he encountered visa issues and couldn't join the team for preseason.
If they couldn't have that time to break him, they figured he wouldn't be ready.
You obviously didn’t read the article. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors