2022 Hot Seat Rankings | Syracusefan.com

2022 Hot Seat Rankings

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Dino Babers
4Things are actually looking up for Cuse, which won at Virginia Tech before going 0-3 to end the season and miss a bowl game for the seventh time in eight seasons. Sean Tucker rushed for almost 1,500 yards and became an All-American. At one time, Babers was one of the nation's brightest spread offense minds. Now, only one of his six Syracuse teams have finished above eighth in ACC scoring. AD John Wildhack says Babers is not on the hot seat. That was before the ACC freaked out amid conference realignment. Winning just became more important for a league stuck in quicksand financially. 2021 rating: 3

Dino Babers
4Things are actually looking up for Cuse, which won at Virginia Tech before going 0-3 to end the season and miss a bowl game for the seventh time in eight seasons. Sean Tucker rushed for almost 1,500 yards and became an All-American. At one time, Babers was one of the nation's brightest spread offense minds. Now, only one of his six Syracuse teams have finished above eighth in ACC scoring. AD John Wildhack says Babers is not on the hot seat. That was before the ACC freaked out amid conference realignment. Winning just became more important for a league stuck in quicksand financially. 2021 rating: 3
fair.

level 4 could be reached by mid October and if so, its a 5 to start next year.

I love Dino and want it to work out. Cuse is in massive trouble if it doesn’t work out.

That said, a losing season this year could be feasibly acceptable to ADJW but not to the fan base. At a certain point you start to wonder whats going on.

The ticket sales seem atrocious based on the emails I get and the ND package for tickets as welll.

I would think this will impact the decision making too if we finish w 3-4 wins and zero buzz. I love Dino but the buzz around the program ticket sale wise has to be at an all time low

I know everyone loves Dino but when I met him at the spring game I really wasn’t impressed with his personality tbh.

The ticket sales seem atrocious based on the emails I get and the ND package for tickets as welll.

I would think this will impact the decision making too if we finish w 3-4 wins and zero buzz. I love Dino but the buzz around the program ticket sale wise has to be at an all time low

Ticket sales were pretty bad last year (Covid protocols clearly playing a part ) and from anecdotal stuff I am hearing it could be similar if not worse this year. I know what JW is saying publicly about Dino but most of that is simply AD speak in my opinion. There isn't just a lack of buzz for ticket sales there's a lack of buzz for the team/program in general. I can't see Dino surviving 3 or 4 wins under any circumstance.

Nah, just call up Mendenhall and have him slot right in with his old gang.

Aside from their offense, which we’ve hired over here, UVA was not a team I want to be.

My point is, after another disappointing season fingers are gonna go from pointing at Dino to pointing at ADJW too. I think it’d be justified.

That’s because Syracuse has fair weather fans. This ain’t the south where it’s a religion.

Aside from their offense, which we’ve hired over here, UVA was not a team I want to be.

Who do you want to be, or think we can realistically be at this point?

To be fair, if this was the South and we had a legion of diehard fans, we'd be paying a head coach in the neighborhood of $8-9 million a year.

I dont know about 8-9 million but probably at least 6+

Who do you want to be, or think we can realistically be at this point?
We could start with Pitt.

We went from saying we should be a bowl team more years than not to being ok with being a bowl team once every four years so long as 2 of the other 3 had some semblance of competitiveness.

Our brands rapidly depreciated over two decades and as of right now aside from the IPF and building upgrades its hard to argue its stopped its downward trajectory at all.

Dino ain’t getting fired unless UConn is the only FBS team we beat.

He’s definitely getting two years with the offensive staff they brought in unless it’s catastrophic this season or ADJW has someone that can’t be passed up ready to take the job.

Dino ain’t getting fired unless UConn is the only FBS team we beat.

He’s definitely getting two years with the offensive staff they brought in unless it’s catastrophic this season or ADJW has someone that can’t be passed up ready to take the job.

agreed he’s got 2 years. Attendance always sucks when schools are losing 9 times out of 10

My daughter met Dino completely by chance. She disagrees 100%.
I do not care if he has a great personality, I do not care if he is a great guy, I only care that he makes good decisions during games, and so far he has been very bad at decision making which is one of the major reasons for the existance of a head coach.

My daughter met Dino completely by chance. She disagrees 100%.
That’s fair, and I’m aware that it’s not entirely fair to judge someone on one interaction. However it’s natural and logical for me to draw a conclusion based on a personal experience.

Last edited:
I do not care if he has a great personality, I do not care if he is a great guy, I only care that he makes good decisions during games, and so far he has been very bad at decision making which is one of the major reasons for the existance of a head coach.
He’s been here 7 years and has beaten #2 Clemson one year and won 10 games another, not all of his decisions have been “very bad” lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom