2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

2022 PG Quadir Copeland (PA/IMG) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. Hopefully we are getting a PG who can develop and improve over 4 years.

The 22-23 Roster is really starting to look like a possible juggernaut mix of experience and young talent.

Quadir, JT, Symir, Joe, Kamari, Benny, Jesse, Frank with then maybe Carey maybe Barlow or Bunch and then to a more extreme extent maybe JJ.

The 22-23 Roster is really starting to look like a possible juggernaut mix of experience and young talent.

Quadir, JT, Symir, Joe, Kamari, Benny, Jesse, Frank with then maybe Carey maybe Barlow or Bunch and then to a more extreme extent maybe JJ.
Possibly Swider, too.

this isnt reality in college basketball in 2021. There’s little chance they all come back. This is true for every team.

Sweet. Hopefully we are getting a PG who can develop and improve over 4 years.
Nobody stays four years who is any good. If not good they will not get PT and will portal out. If good, they go pro.

I am hoping for a good to very good frosh season so that he returns and then a blow it up soph season after which it is adios amigo !!!

this isnt reality in college basketball in 2021. There’s little chance they all come back. This is true for every team.

Of course. That said its not a huge concern either if we land a couple more we want, including a Txfr or two.

Nobody stays four years who is any good. If not good they will not get PT and will portal out. If good, they go pro.

I am hoping for a good to very good frosh season so that he returns and then a blow it up soph season after which it is adios amigo !!!
It happens, but it's rare as it should be.

this is a great pickup for the team!

Its all about fit and he fits the SU scheme perfectly. A big flashy PG will shine in this system and vice versa.

Yes, he could be ranked higher but that doesnt matter, imo.

Have a great feeling about this one.

side note - he's pretty much the anti-joe...will be nice to have some length at the top of the zone!!! and a player who can drive and dish and finish at the rim running the team.

On Devo's podcast he often talks about how JB likes tough kids. DC mentioned that we haven't had a "tough" kid since Dion. I hope Quadir can bring some of that. He seems to have a little Philly swagger, something we have been missing. I like a guard who isn't afraid to take charge and we may just have found one.

Great pickup but needs to tighten up his handle .... hopefully his transition to a college point guard is more like Carter-Williams then Caleb Joseph.

I like a guard who isn't afraid to take charge and we may just have found one.
Especially when that does not necessarily mean taking the shot himself. I look forward to him exceeding expectations of many. I could see him playing next to senior JG3.

I can't find the JJ Starling thread - does this mean we are not getting him?

On Devo's podcast he often talks about how JB likes tough kids. DC mentioned that we haven't had a "tough" kid since Dion. I hope Quadir can bring some of that. He seems to have a little Philly swagger, something we have been missing. I like a guard who isn't afraid to take charge and we may just have found one.
The kid survived Gettysburg, is that tough enough for you?

This reminds me of the quote by the late, great Al McGuire:
“My rule was I wouldn't recruit a kid if he had grass in front of his house. That's not my world. My world was a cracked sidewalk.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors