2022 PLL Season | Syracusefan.com

2022 PLL Season

Powellfan

All Conference
Interesting. The MLL was on ESPN for a number of years, and I wouldn't say that helped the league very much. The NBC production value was really very good (despite empty seats), curious to see if that translates back to ESPN.

Obviously ESPN has a lot of experience with the sport. I guess this means Quint will start acknowledging the pro game again? Others on twitter have noted this, but with the NLL, NCAA and now PLL all on ESPN hopefully they start to cross-promote the sport more.

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Interesting. The MLL was on ESPN for a number of years, and I wouldn't say that helped the league very much. The NBC production value was really very good (despite empty seats), curious to see if that translates back to ESPN.

Obviously ESPN has a lot of experience with the sport. I guess this means Quint will start acknowledging the pro game again? Others on twitter have noted this, but with the NLL, NCAA and now PLL all on ESPN hopefully they start to cross-promote the sport more.

NBC is dropping NBCSN at some point and cutting back on sports coverage.

DoctahLexus

Starter
Were most of the games exclusively on peacock and not actual TV? I dont have peacock so basically just never saw anything besides highlights this year and the final game. If it is on ESPN then the games will most likely be free on watchespn which you can access with your cable info, instead of with Peacock where (I believe) you either pay the separate monthly price or no PLL for you. Maybe there is a way to access peacock with your cable info as well? Never bothered to try.

Shrmdougluvr

Ice cream connoisseur
They need to figure out the barnstorming and long lags between game dates. I went to the games in Albany this summer and while I generally found it entertaining and the quality of play to be excellent, the entire scene had more of a Globetrotters or monster truck rally vibe than that of a serious sporting event. Even just over the course the weekend there was a real fizzle of momentum.

Having said that, if they come back to Albany, we'll go again.

MadNY3

All Conference

ESPN is far more advanced digitally. Can’t be bad.

Feelingmelo

Walk On
This is huge for the sport. With NLL, College Lax and now PLL there will be some real momentum to bring new eyes to the lacrosse. I think they see a real opportunity with declining baseball viewership. With 162 MLB season I could see how lacrosse could put more eyes on the network during summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cusean

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom