2022 PLL Season | Syracusefan.com

2022 PLL Season

Interesting. The MLL was on ESPN for a number of years, and I wouldn't say that helped the league very much. The NBC production value was really very good (despite empty seats), curious to see if that translates back to ESPN.

Obviously ESPN has a lot of experience with the sport. I guess this means Quint will start acknowledging the pro game again? Others on twitter have noted this, but with the NLL, NCAA and now PLL all on ESPN hopefully they start to cross-promote the sport more.

Interesting. The MLL was on ESPN for a number of years, and I wouldn't say that helped the league very much. The NBC production value was really very good (despite empty seats), curious to see if that translates back to ESPN.

Obviously ESPN has a lot of experience with the sport. I guess this means Quint will start acknowledging the pro game again? Others on twitter have noted this, but with the NLL, NCAA and now PLL all on ESPN hopefully they start to cross-promote the sport more.

NBC is dropping NBCSN at some point and cutting back on sports coverage.

Were most of the games exclusively on peacock and not actual TV? I dont have peacock so basically just never saw anything besides highlights this year and the final game. If it is on ESPN then the games will most likely be free on watchespn which you can access with your cable info, instead of with Peacock where (I believe) you either pay the separate monthly price or no PLL for you. Maybe there is a way to access peacock with your cable info as well? Never bothered to try.

They need to figure out the barnstorming and long lags between game dates. I went to the games in Albany this summer and while I generally found it entertaining and the quality of play to be excellent, the entire scene had more of a Globetrotters or monster truck rally vibe than that of a serious sporting event. Even just over the course the weekend there was a real fizzle of momentum.

Having said that, if they come back to Albany, we'll go again.

ESPN is far more advanced digitally. Can’t be bad.

This is huge for the sport. With NLL, College Lax and now PLL there will be some real momentum to bring new eyes to the lacrosse. I think they see a real opportunity with declining baseball viewership. With 162 MLB season I could see how lacrosse could put more eyes on the network during summer.

Free Agency comes to the PLL. Good development for the league as it tries to establish itself as more "legitimate". Also a reminder that this certainly isn't a full time job for most (a cap at 30K for the number one draft pick). And it should keep the content factory churning out news items in the offseason, which in the age of social media seems more important than actual games sometimes.

I know no one cares too much about random PLL news, but it is truly amazing how much this league just makes it up as they go along. This news makes the Rabil trade make much more sense in hindsight, but why in the world wouldn’t you announce it at the time?

June 4-5: Tom and Mary Casey Stadium at UAlbany

June 10-11: American Legion Memorial Stadium in Charlotte, N.C.

June 17-18: James M. Shuart Stadium at Hofstra

June 24-25: Homewood Field at Johns Hopkins

July 1-2: TCO Stadium in Minneapolis, Minn.

BYE WEEK

July 16: 2022 PLL All-Star Game at Gillette Stadium

Full Class:

Bold - Syracuse

Goalie: Brian Dougherty
FOGO: Paul Cantabene
Defense: Nicky Polanco
Defense: John Gagliardi
Defense: Pat McCabe
Midfield: Matt Striebel
Midfield: Jay Jalbert
Midfield: Casey Powell
Attack: John Grant Jr.
Attack: Mark Millon
Attack: Gary Gait

Syracuse has produced the most inaugural Hall of Famers out of any school with three, no other school has more than one. Impressive!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom