2022 Preseason Thread | Syracusefan.com

2022 Preseason Thread

How can I catch the games, are they televised or streamed?

Syracuse (7-6)
Gary Gait. Dave Pietramala. With those two legends at the helm along with Pat March returning, it’s exciting to see what new things come from Owen Hiltz, Tucker Dordevic (now likely an attackman), Brendan Curry and Co.

That sure seems like three sentences, two of which are incomplete. But when has grammar ever gotten in Inside Lacrosse’s way?

More pictures from the above tweet. Looks like Saam Olexo is playing with a long stick. Not sure why the last four pictures are the same.

203EDEE5-705F-41C3-B148-29D2F150FBEC.jpeg

First and second mid line predictions ?

= Curry, Quinn, Buttermore

- Cook, Ferris, Fiorini? (Magnan, Birtwhistle, True frosh Corsi?)

Really have no idea what to expect /who rolls out as the second group =or will we run the 1st heavily and rotate in 1or 2 guys to give a breather and a slightly different look thoughts ?

Wow!

I'll take the over on 5.5 but it's honestly not that far off. I'd have made the over/under 6.5.

The fact of the matter is, at this very moment, the Orange are betting underdogs in all of their ACC games. That will probably change at some point but for now it is what it is.

Underdogs: Virginia x2, Notre Dame x2, Duke, UNC, Maryland, Army
Slight favorites: Hopkins, Cornell
Clear favorites: Holy Cross, Hobart, Stony Brook, Albany

So that gets you to 6-8. The question is do they steal a game or two vs. the other teams without slipping up against the ones they're "supposed" to beat? I'd say that anything between 5 and 9 wins is defensible.

I'll take the over on 5.5 but it's honestly not that far off. I'd have made the over/under 6.5.

The fact of the matter is, at this very moment, the Orange are betting underdogs in all of their ACC games. That will probably change at some point but for now it is what it is.

Underdogs: Virginia x2, Notre Dame x2, Duke, UNC, Maryland, Army
Slight favorites: Hopkins, Cornell
Clear favorites: Holy Cross, Hobart, Stony Brook, Albany

So that gets you to 6-8. The question is do they steal a game or two vs. the other teams without slipping up against the ones they're "supposed" to beat? I'd say that anything between 5 and 9 wins is defensible.
I am hoping as the season goes on we put enough together to steal a couple games in that top tier of yours. Maybe one of UNC and Duke. Taking care of business against army would be nice as well. I would say they are a step behind those other teams. I think we can win at least 1 of 4 against our two x2 opponents. We should have the advantage at the faceoff x against both those teams since we seem to have the upper hand on Lasalla and ND replaces their two guys. Win the games we are supposed to win and that gets you to 9 wins right there. There may be some dark stretches as there is no breathing room with this schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom