50Patrick DuffyGRF6'1202
89Kyle RolleyGFr.5'11194
FOGOS
37Jakob PhaupFOSr.5'10190
24Jack SavageFOSo.6'1204
38Jack FineFOFr.5'9186

Last edited:
2022 Roster is live:

One unexpected new member, midfielder John Cohen a redshirt freshman from Culver (and Johns Hopkins transfer).

I count 54 players on the roster.

Griffin Cook listed as a midfielder and not an attackman.

Brett Kennedy listed as an LSM and Dordevic still listed as a midfielder so these designations might not mean much.

Only Rosa, Dami, Alviles and Woody are listed as true SSDMs. Saam Olexo listed as an LSM.

Of the 2021 recruiting class, no Dom Rottura (expected) and no Kyle McCarthy. Everyone else looks to be accounted for.

I see Nick Hapney listed, but no Frankie.

Only three FOGOs (Phaup, Savage and Fine) which seems really risky.

Nick Fraterrigo, the transfer from Le Moyne is listed as an LSM. Looks like he has three years of eligibility left. Gavin as well listed (number 88).

I probably missed more players who were expected on this year's roster. Let me know what I missed!

Any chance Aviles might take some draws?

I assume Cohen is Hiltz’s buddy?

Last edited:
2022 Roster is live:

One unexpected new member, midfielder John Cohen a redshirt freshman from Culver (and Johns Hopkins transfer).

I count 54 players on the roster.

Griffin Cook listed as a midfielder and not an attackman.

Brett Kennedy listed as an LSM and Dordevic still listed as a midfielder so these designations might not mean much.

Only Rosa, Dami, Alviles and Woody are listed as true SSDMs. Saam Olexo listed as an LSM.

Of the 2021 recruiting class, no Dom Rottura (expected) and no Kyle McCarthy. Everyone else looks to be accounted for.

I see Nick Hapney listed, but no Frankie.

Only three FOGOs (Phaup, Savage and Fine) which seems really risky.

Nick Fraterrigo, the transfer from Le Moyne is listed as an LSM. Looks like he has three years of eligibility left. Gavin as well listed (number 88).

I probably missed more players who were expected on this year's roster. Let me know what I missed!
Not noticing anything that stands out besides who you mentioned. Glad there were no weird hiccups as I always assume that is why the roster is delayed

He could technically be the fourth guy for the position. Not sure if it is worth having him practice them all the time. FOGOs do get hurt so I am not too happy with the lack of depth there.

Cohen might also be Petros buddy as he is the guy who recruited him. According to last year's Hopkins roster he missed last season due to injury. A classic tiny Hopkins recruit.

Cohen was a casualty of the new Hopkins staff. It may just be Petro doing his former recruit a favor. I wouldn't expect much.

Cohen was a casualty of the new Hopkins staff. It may just be Petro doing his former recruit a favor. I wouldn't expect much.
According to the hop roster he missed last season due to injury. I am not expecting much, but doubt it was merely a favor. He may have something to offer later in his time here. We were trying to cut down on a bloated roster this season so I doubt we add a transfer as a favor of some kind.

Ah yes, forgot about that connection. In my mind, it’s like Petro has been in Syracuse for 10 years.

Forgot to mention that Corsi is listed as a midfielder, not an attackman so I feel like that means he has a good chance to see the field immediately.
I like Ferris listed as attack too. He looked his best when using his body and dodging from X and could be a starter next year. Tenaglia at attack is interesting too.

According to the hop roster he missed last season due to injury. I am not expecting much, but doubt it was merely a favor. He may have something to offer later in his time here. We were trying to cut down on a bloated roster this season so I doubt we add a transfer as a favor of some kind.

Well, I'll put it another way. I don't think he's going to be much of a contributor for the Orange. He did a podcast last year and I remember he said he dropped out of school entirely and was working in NYC with some friends on developing an app or something. It sounded like he was done with trying to play college lacrosse so I wonder what changed. I would love to be proven wrong.

Well, I'll put it another way. I don't think he's going to be much of a contributor for the Orange. He did a podcast last year and I remember he said he dropped out of school entirely and was working in NYC with some friends on developing an app or something. It sounded like he was done with trying to play college lacrosse so I wonder what changed. I would love to be proven wrong.
Fascinating! Still jumping around with his goals I guess. As it should be at that age.

I haven't figured out how Gait has everyone listed class wise.

This is Basil Aburn's 3rd Sophomore year. ;)
Was gonna say the same thing for Katchadurian. I swear it feels like he's been here for 7 years haha

Was gonna say the same thing for Katchadurian. I swear it feels like he's been here for 7 years haha

I was counting 2020. Seems like Gait isn't counting 2020.

Aburn was a frosh in 2019
2020 didn't count.
2021 he was injured.

I guess he's a R-Soph.

Grant Murphy should almost have tenure.

2020 didn't count.
2021 he was injured.

I guess he's a R-Soph.

Aburn wasn't hurt in 2021. I don't think he saw the field, but he was not hurt. Dressed every home game (pretty sure he traveled dressed to every away game too).

Aburn wasn't hurt in 2021. I don't think he saw the field, but he was not hurt. Dressed every home game (pretty sure he traveled dressed to every away game too).

Never played. So he redshirted.

Never played. So he redshirted.

Yes, but not injury related. I think he graduates this year and moves on. He'll be even more buried on the depth chart next season. I had heard he was something like a 50% scholarship too, can't imagine the current staff honors that past his 4 years on campus.

I can see him using 2 grad years at Towson or somewhere similar.

2020 didn't count.
2021 he was injured.

I guess he's a R-Soph.

Yup its crazy but that's what he is as far as eligibility. Still hasn't reached Charalambides level, that dude was at RU through 3 presidents

Yes, but not injury related. I think he graduates this year and moves on. He'll be even more buried on the depth chart next season. I had heard he was something like a 50% scholarship too, can't imagine the current staff honors that past his 4 years on campus.

I can see him using 2 grad years at Towson or somewhere similar.

I can assure you hes not on a 50% scholarship of athletic money.

Ferris is strictly an attackmen this year from what I've heard

Makes sense. I was really high on Ferris at the beginning of last year, but he looked really lost at the end of the season. I still think the talent is there. If he stays at attack I wonder if he will see much time though? The projected attack group looks pretty solid. I guess if they want to try and invert Dordevic they could bring him on. Hope he doesn’t get lost in the shuffle, I can’t imagine the injury helped.

I am very confident in my assertion that he was the previous three years.

Perhaps between academic and athletic he was/is but only top end guys are approaching that much. Cook for example coming in as an UA didn't get 50%. Nothing against Aburn but again its highly unlikely he's getting a half athletic scholarship for a player that's barely played 3 years at SU and wasn't a highly rated recruit.

Makes sense. I was really high on Ferris at the beginning of last year, but he looked really lost at the end of the season. I still think the talent is there. If he stays at attack I wonder if he will see much time though? The projected attack group looks pretty solid. I guess if they want to try and invert Dordevic they could bring him on. Hope he doesn’t get lost in the shuffle, I can’t imagine the injury helped.

I believe he had a minor injury last year during the season and then try tried him at middie which he was clearly not comfortable with. I don't believe he is 100% right now but I also haven't heard he's out for the year. Could be a guy if he impresses that could push for time, especially if Seebold struggles or there is an injury. Perhaps he gets a look at middie again if the second mid line really struggles but I haven't heard his name mentioned at all as far as the midfield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom