2022 Schedule Change | Syracusefan.com

2022 Schedule Change

We have Purdue (9/17) and Notre Dame (TBA) at home in 2022.

No other OOC games scheduled.

Ohio has room in 2023 and 2024.

So, we still need:
2020 - 2 (1 FBS & 1 FCS)
2021 - 1 (1 FBS)
2022 - 2 (1 FBS & 1 FCS)

Lets schedule penn state those three years. By then Dino will be on fire and we can take those hooligans down. And show recruits where the place to be is

So, we still need:
2020 - 2 (1 FBS & 1 FCS)
2021 - 1 (1 FBS)
2022 - 2 (1 FBS & 1 FCS)
What???

Not only do we not have a full schedule for NEXT year, but we need 2 games??

What???

Not only do we not have a full schedule for NEXT year, but we need 2 games??
The FCS games just take 5 minutes to fill out. They will come from Rhode Island, Wagner, Central Connecticut, Colgate, Albany just pick a tomato can and they will say yes.

We just need to fill the FBS openings. Those are harder.

Syracuse is going to be a real hard sell right now to FBS schools. They are one of the hotter teams in college football right now.

Like everyone else said, FCS will be an easy fill for us...hopefully we can find a decent FBS team but not one that has a real shot of pulling an upset on us.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see us go to the Camping World Kickoff series in 2020 tho with that open spot? Not sure if that’s possible but could see a scenario like that. Especially if we show the world this year we are a fun and exciting team to watch.

I'll see you in Hell, Penn State.

I definitely mean it this time.
If I am doing the math right, the phase 2 renovations for the Carrier Dome are set to be completed in time for the 2022 football season. I would not be surprised if Syracuse asked out of this game, in part because it could buy them more time to complete renovations.

There is also the issue of the ACC Network and the changes it is driving in ACC schedules. From this point forward, ACC teams are going to play more conference games in September. This opens a slot for that.

That being said, I agree. Penn State is the devil.

Syracuse is going to be a real hard sell right now to FBS schools. They are one of the hotter teams in college football right now.

Like everyone else said, FCS will be an easy fill for us...hopefully we can find a decent FBS team but not one that has a real shot of pulling an upset on us.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see us go to the Camping World Kickoff series in 2020 tho with that open spot? Not sure if that’s possible but could see a scenario like that. Especially if we show the world this year we are a fun and exciting team to watch.
We could get UConn in a home/home in a cocaine minute as UConn is desperate.
The AD probably doesn’t want to do that until they have no other choice.
We can fill the games it just comes down to what type of games Babers/Wildhack want. Location? Difficulty? Neutral site? Can we get a 2 for 1 from a MAC/Sun Belt?

We could get UConn in a home/home in a cocaine minute as UConn is desperate.
The AD probably doesn’t want to do that until they have no other choice.
We can fill the games it just comes down to what type of games Babers/Wildhack want. Location? Difficulty? Neutral site? Can we get a 2 for 1 from a MAC/Sun Belt?

A home and home with UConn would be another embarrassment to our scheduling. 3-1 or nothing.

With Rutgers already on the schedule, they’re going to be looking for a peer type school or another low level FBS - maybe MAC type. I would think a non P5 would be first bet.

A home and home with UConn would be another embarrassment to our scheduling. 3-1 or nothing.
And I say nothing.

We do need to get your boys from Piscataway on there.

I realize everyone is way too scared and intimidated to play at Giants Stadium, so playing in their bandbox with limited tickets and lousy tailgating should be what the unwashed masses here want.

With DeVito will be lighting them up, this also would be great for NNJ recruitment.

And I say nothing.

We do need to get your boys from Piscataway on there.

I realize everyone is way too scared and intimidated to play at Giants Stadium, so playing in their bandbox with limited tickets and lousy tailgating should be what the unwashed masses here want.

With DeVito will be lighting them up, this also would be great for NNJ recruitment.
MetLife games aren’t a problem when they are neutral site games.
MetLife games are a problem when we play our home games there and then play on the road.
If we could play Rutgers at MetLife as a true neutral site game we should do it.
We did it with Penn State in 2013. Neutral site games good.
Home games at MetLife bad.
It’s pretty simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom