2022 Schedule Guesses | Syracusefan.com

2022 Schedule Guesses

Good for them/Virginia to get that game going again, thought it was weird they ended it a couple years ago. Other than that it looks a lot like their typical OOC schedule but adding G-town and Jacksonville. I wonder if Syracuse is going to get Jacksonville on the schedule with the Galloway connection?

Good for them/Virginia to get that game going again, thought it was weird they ended it a couple years ago. Other than that it looks a lot like their typical OOC schedule but adding G-town and Jacksonville. I wonder if Syracuse is going to get Jacksonville on the schedule with the Galloway connection?

You think Jax can afford plane trips to both Hop and SU in the same year?

You think Jax can afford plane trips to both Hop and SU in the same year?

Syracuse should offer to go play in Florida. Weather is nice if you schedule in Feb/early March and it couldn't hurt recruiting down that way.

Syracuse should offer to go play in Florida. Weather is nice if you schedule in Feb/early March and it couldn't hurt recruiting down that way.

lol. Syracuse isnt paying for charter (how the men's team typically travels) to go play a SOCON opponent.

I think we are more likely to see an Island trip in the very near future. Stony Brook, Hofstra or both

i would guess a 2nd ivy and a colgate gets dropped.
also with all the games gait was used to playing, maybe an additional game to 14 pre-acc tournament.
denver or another big east villanova? normally i'd guess g'town but not after last year.
maryland at some point but probably not in year one.

FWIW, a poster on Fanlax in the Loyola thread said the Greyhounds will be scrimmaging Syracuse in January. Not sure where the game will take place, I'd guess given the month, in the Dome.

Working off what should have happened in 2020, and assuming that our 4 ACC games, Hop, Cornell, and Albany don't change:

Sat, Jan 29Vermont (Scrimmage)
Sat, Feb 12
Sat, Feb 19
Sat, Feb 26
Sat, March 5
Sat, March 12at Hopkins
Sat, March 19
Sat, March 26at Duke
Sat, April 2Notre Dame
Sat, April 9Albany
Tues, April 12at Cornell
Sat, April 16North Carolina
Sat, April 23at Virginia
Fri, April 29ACC Tournament
Sun, May 1ACC Tournament
Sat, May 7Open ?
May 14-15NCAA 1st Rd
May 21-22NCAA Qtrs
May 28-30NCAA FF

Do we keep Hobart, Colgate, Army?

Does Albany move back to February, or does Scooby finally get their home game?

Last edited:
Working off what should have happened in 2020, and assuming that our 4 ACC games, Hop, Cornell, and Albany don't change:

Sat, Feb 12
Sat, Feb 19
Sat, Feb 26
Sat, March 5
Sat, March 12at Hopkins
Sat, March 19
Sat, March 26at Duke
Sat, April 2Notre Dame
Sat, April 9Albany
Tues, April 12at Cornell
Sat, April 16North Carolina
Sat, April 23at Virginia
Fri, April 29ACC Tournament
Sun, May 1ACC Tournament
Sat, May 7Open ?
May 14-15NCAA 1st Rd
May 21-22NCAA Qtrs
May 28-30NCAA FF

Do we keep Hobart, Colgate, Army?

Does Albany move back to February, or does Scooby finally get their home game?

I would think the Hopkins game would be at home this season since the last time they played was in Baltimore?

I would think the Hopkins game would be at home this season since the last time they played was in Baltimore?

I've heard two different ideas.

1. Pretend that 2021 never happened, which would put the game in Syr.

2. Pretend that 2021 was a normal season, which would put the game back in B-More (even numbered year).

Honestly, since we started trading home dates due to the WBB debacle a few years ago, it could go either way.

That's why I have an edit button. ;)

Per the coaching staff the Hopkins game will be in Maryland and they will play Maryland at Syracuse.

Don't mind playing Maryland but not sure next year would be the season to start with SU in a bit of a rebuild (lets be honest) and the ACC looking loaded again. 2023 makes a lot more sense, Gait's second season, Maryland loses a ton to graduation, Spallina on campus etc.

Good news is Petro hopefully knows all of Benson's tricks. Bad news is Benson probably knows all of Petro's tricks! Agree on timing not being ideal to come away with a W, but I like the attitude of knowing exactly where we stand. We will know just how much work we have to do after that MD game that's for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom