2023-2024 schedule release 8 PM tonight | Syracusefan.com

2023-2024 schedule release 8 PM tonight

Carduccib

Walk On
Anyone know any schedule tidbits for next year? I know Maui and @Gtown.

Was at Big East tournament this weekend. Any chance we get a game in NYC ?

DateOpponentTimeTV
Fri, Oct 27Daemen*7:00 p.m.
Wed, Nov 1St Rose*7:00 p.m.
Mon, Nov 6New Hampshire7:00 p.m.ACCNX
Wed, Nov 8Canisius7:00 p.m.ACCNX
Tues, Nov 14Colgate7:00 p.m.ACCN
Mon, Nov 20Tennessee (Maui)2:30 p.m.ESPN2
Tues, Nov 21Purdue / Gonzaga (Maui)2:30 p.m. (L)
8:00 p.m. (W)
ESPN2
ESPN
Wed, Nov 22Maui
Tues, Nov 28LSU (ACC/SEC)7:00 p.m.ESPN2
Sat, Dec 2at Virginia12:00 p.m.ESPN2
Tues, Dec 5Cornell8:00 p.m.ACCN
Sat, Dec 9at Georgetown
Sun, Dec 17Oregon (Sioux Falls)
Thurs, Dec 21Niagara7:00 p.m.ACCNX
Sat, Dec 30Pittsburgh12:00 p.m.The CW
Tues, Jan 2at Duke9:00 p.m.ESPN fam
Wed, Jan 10Boston College9:00 p.m.ACCN
Sat, Jan 13at North Carolina1:00 p.m.ESPN
Tues, Jan 16at Pittsburgh7:00 p.m.ESPN fam
Sat, Jan 20MiamiESPN fam
Tues, Jan 23Florida St7:00 p.m.ACCN
Sat, Jan 27NC State7:00 p.m.ACCN
Tues, Jan 30at Boston College7:00 p.m.ACCN
Sat, Feb 3at Wake Forest7:45 p.m.The CW
Wed, Feb 7Louisville7:00 p.m.ACCN
Sat, Feb 10Clemson12:00 p.m.ESPN fam
Tues, Feb 13North Carolina7:00 p.m.ESPN fam
Sat, Feb 17at Georgia Tech5:30 p.m.The CW
Tues, Feb 20at NC State7:00 p.m.ESPN fam
Sat, Feb 24Notre Dame12:00 p.m.ESPN fam
Tues, Feb 27Virginia Tech7:00 p.m.ESPN fam
Sat, Mar 2at Louisville8:00 p.m.ACCN
Tues, Mar 5at Clemson7:00 p.m.ESPN fam
Mar 12-16ACCT (at Washington DC)

Last edited:
at Boston College
at Pittsburgh
at Clemson
at Louisville
at NC State
at North Carolina
at Duke
at Virginia
at Georgia Tech
at Wake Forest
Boston College
Pittsburgh
Clemson
Louisville
NC State
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Miami
Florida St
Virginia Tech

ACCT in Washington, DC
Didn’t realize ACC was in DC. Definitely booking that trip

Anyone know any schedule tidbits for next year? I know Maui and @Gtown.

Was at Big East tournament this weekend. Any chance we get a game in NYC ?
Some were hoping a game could be scheduled in NYC the same weekend as the Syracuse-Pitt football game at Yankee Stadium.

Unlikely. The Maui tournament takes 3 OOC games and requires a lot of time and travelling, we already have the game at Georgetown and a conference challenge game.

I wonder when the last season was that we did not play at least one game in NYC?

Could be some time ago….

Some were hoping a game could be scheduled in NYC the same weekend as the Syracuse-Pitt football game at Yankee Stadium.

Unlikely. The Maui tournament takes 3 OOC games and requires a lot of time and travelling, we already have the game at Georgetown and a conference challenge game.

I wonder when the last season was that we did not play at least one game in NYC?

Could be some time ago….

The COVID year I guess? Although Rutgers is close to NYC

The COVID year I guess? Although Rutgers is close to NYC
Well, Piscataway is not remotely close to NYC in my book, but it is fairly close in physical proximity.

I am sure we were scheduled to play in NYC that year and the only reason we didn’t was because of the pandemic.

Wondering about the last time before that. Does this go all the way back to the start of the Big East conference?

Could be some time ago….
With Autry as HC, would have to imagine the NYC games will continue and should be happening every year.

With Autry as HC, would have to imagine the NYC games will continue and should be happening every year.
Agree. The timing is strange though with AA coming in as the HC and the last 2 recruits we have landed both coming from NYC.

I know JAB played a huge role in setting the basketball schedule and I assume Coach Autry will take this over.

Maybe this decision will be reconsidered?

I updated the men's basketball schedule page for 2023-24 with all known info.

It will be interesting to see where Syracuse plays in the ACC-SEC Challenge. It was going to be our turn to play at home this coming season but with the shift to the SEC, that probably doesn't matter much.

The SEC had been playing the B12 in a similar challenge but they have been replaced with the ACC.

I am guessing the powers that be will try and respect the rotations so that the SEC teams that played on the road last season will play at home this year. And vice versa. And use the same approach with the ACC.

If so, these are the SEC teams that will play on the road in the challenge:

LSU
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Missouri
Tennessee

And these are the SEC teams that will likely play at home:

Arkansas
Auburn
Alabama
Florida
Ole Miss

South Carolina, Georgia, Vanderbilt and Texas A&M did not play in the last SEC-B12 Challenge. This is because the B12 only had 10 teams in the conference. All SEC teams will surely play in the first ACC-SEC Challenge (and one ACC team will sit out).

The ACC schools that played on the road are:

Boston College
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Wake Forest
Virginia

And here are the ACC schools that played at home:

Clemson
Duke
Florida State
Louisville
Miami
Notre Dame
Virginia Tech

Looks like NC State was the only only ACC school to sit out last year. They will surely play this time.

Anyway, bottom line is, if my suspicions are correct, Syracuse will play at home against one of the five SEC teams that played a challenge game at home last year. So one of LSU, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Missouri or Tennessee. Any of the four SEC teams that sat out last year could also be paired with Syracuse. Those are South Carolina, Georgia, Vanderbilt and Texas A&M.

Unless we are the one ACC team left out of the challenge next year. In 2024, when Texas and Oklahoma are added to the SEC to give them 15 schools and at that point, all 15 ACC schools should be able to play in the challenge and one SEC school will have to sit it out.

Still hoping we schedule a game in the NYC area the weekend of the Pitt game (November 11th). But I get concerns over travel and schedule toughness with a first year HC. Maybe we could play someone like Fordham or St Peters? Or Pitt could move their home game in hoops against us up and play it in MSG. We moved our football game, they move their basketball game, what a great display of cooperation inside the ACC.

With Rick Pitino being hired at St John's. I bet there are people offering significant dollars for a Syracuse-St John's game in the Garden. If it is going to happen, this would be the weekend to do it.

I updated the men's basketball schedule page for 2023-24 with all known info.

It will be interesting to see where Syracuse plays in the ACC-SEC Challenge. It was going to be our turn to play at home this coming season but with the shift to the SEC, that probably doesn't matter much.

The SEC had been playing the B12 in a similar challenge but they have been replaced with the ACC.

I am guessing the powers that be will try and respect the rotations so that the SEC teams that played on the road last season will play at home this year. And vice versa. And use the same approach with the ACC.

LSU
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Missouri
Tennessee

And these are the SEC teams that will likely play at home:

Arkansas
Auburn
Alabama
Florida
Ole Miss

South Carolina, Georgia, Vanderbilt and Texas A&M did not play in the last SEC-B12 Challenge. This is because the B12 only had 10 teams in the conference. All SEC teams will surely play in the first ACC-SEC Challenge (and one ACC team will sit out).

The ACC schools that played on the road are:

Boston College
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
Pittsburgh
Syracuse
Wake Forest
Virginia

And here are the ACC schools that played at home:

Clemson
Duke
Florida State
Louisville
Miami
Notre Dame
Virginia Tech

Looks like NC State was the only only ACC school to sit out last year. They will surely play this time.

Anyway, bottom line is, if my suspicions are correct, Syracuse will play at home against one of the five SEC teams that played a challenge game at home last year. So one of LSU, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Missouri or Tennessee. Any of the four SEC teams that sat out last year could also be paired with Syracuse. Those are South Carolina, Georgia, Vanderbilt and Texas A&M.

Unless we are the one ACC team left out of the challenge next year. In 2024, when Texas and Oklahoma are added to the SEC to give them 15 schools and at that point, all 15 ACC schools should be able to play in the challenge and one SEC school will have to sit it out.

Still hoping we schedule a game in the NYC area the weekend of the Pitt game (November 11th). But I get concerns over travel and schedule toughness with a first year HC. Maybe we could play someone like Fordham or St Peters? Or Pitt could move their home game in hoops against us up and play it in MSG. We moved our football game, they move their basketball game, what a great display of cooperation inside the ACC.

With Rick Pitino being hired at St John's. I bet there are people offering significant dollars for a Syracuse-St John's game in the Garden. If it is going to happen, this would be the weekend to do it.

Since Red took over has Israel been mentioned? I know it was a JB thing and he mentioned it but I wonder if it’s still a sure thing. Would be a sweet trip for the team.

LSU
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Missouri
Tennessee
Great summary but FYI, Tennessee will be in Maui so likely not a candidate to visit SU next year in the Challenge.

Great summary but FYI, Tennessee will be in Maui so likely not a candidate to visit SU next year in the Challenge.
Good point...

Since Red took over has Israel been mentioned? I know it was a JB thing and he mentioned it but I wonder if it’s still a sure thing. Would be a sweet trip for the team.
How else would we get Jesse NIL money?

DateOpponentTimeTV
Mon, Nov 20Maui
Tues, Nov 21Maui
Wed, Nov 22Maui
SEC Challenge
at Georgetown
at Boston College
at Pittsburgh
at Clemson
at Louisville
at NC State
at North Carolina
at Duke
at Virginia
at Georgia Tech
at Wake Forest
Boston College
Pittsburgh
Clemson
Louisville
NC State
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Miami
Florida St
Virginia Tech
Mar 8-12ACCT (at Washington DC)
Interesting. ACCT starts on my 55th birthday. Might just have to make this a thing.

Not trying to be snarky, but couldn't he literally just cross over into Canada for a weekend, drink some molsen golden, do whatever he is contractually obligated to do, and get paid?

I’m in with that too.

I suppose. I believe this was part of the thinking of the trip in the first place.

I don’t know the answer to this but did Kentucky and UNC take foreign trips? They had foreign players get paid. Although I think the Kentucky kid may have gotten a different visa.

I am pretty sure that it has been said they aren't doing Israel anymore but I can't remember where I heard/read it

Regarding whether the Israel trip is still on, I would be shocked if it were cancelled.

We have a new HC who could really use some experience coaching his players in game situations.

We know the defense will be substantially different. That takes time to learn.

The offense is probably going to be considerably different.

We have at minimum 3 players leaving and at minimum 2 new players joining the team. Almost surely that will grow to 4 in the next few weeks.

I hope everyone else stays but in this day and age, that is exceedingly unlikely. So we might well end up with somewhere around 6 new players to break into our system.

We finally are allowed to have another summer tour. It would be awful if we did not seize the opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom