2023-2024 schedule release 8 PM tonight | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023-2024 schedule release 8 PM tonight

Looks like a cool arena:

th

Between Marcus Adams recruitment, Mikey Lewis offer, and this Dakota game…

Staff is taking the Orange brand west

With Autry as HC, would have to imagine the NYC games will continue and should be happening every year.
Jimmy B and Cuse started dodging St. John’s a few years ago after SJU won 3 in a row, a rivalry that started in 1912. Those games were always well anttended and the rivalry historically close. I’m not sure why it was ended, but frankly if you want to play in NYC, there is one team that always has spots there. Pretty sure Pitino would be in favor as well.

Jimmy B and Cuse started dodging St. John’s a few years ago after SJU won 3 in a row, a rivalry that started in 1912. Those games were always well anttended and the rivalry historically close. I’m not sure why it was ended, but frankly if you want to play in NYC, there is one team that always has spots there. Pretty sure Pitino would be in favor as well.
Dodging? We just played this year?

We had a 4 game deal with St Johns that ran from 2013-2016.

2017-18 we played in the Jimmy V Classic.
2018-19 we played in the Empire Classic
2019-20 we played in the NIT in Brooklyn
2020-21 was the messed up Covid year where we were lucky to play anyone at all
2021-22 we played in the Jimmy V Classic
Last season was the Empire Classic in Brooklyn.

We haven't had any issues getting games at MSG/NYC.

If we're not afraid to play Colgate every year, we shouldn't have a problem with you guys.

St John’s has been crappy for a long time. It is hard for good programs to play programs at that level OOC. It really screws up the RPI. If St John’s ever gets good again, we will play them regularly.

St John’s has been crappy for a long time. It is hard for good programs to play programs at that level OOC. It really screws up the RPI. If St John’s ever gets good again, we will play them regularly.
If they keep Gtown annually as an opponent I wouldn't mind a rotation of former BE opponents once per season as well.

Example:
23-24: St. Johns (MSG)
24-25: Villanova (Barclays or Philly)
25-26: Providence (Boston)
26-27: Seton Hall (MSG or Barclays).

It seems like Autry is going to try and ignite that 95 Corridor again.

If they keep Gtown annually as an opponent I wouldn't mind a rotation of former BE opponents once per season as well.

Example:
23-24: St. Johns (MSG)
24-25: Villanova (Barclays or Philly)
25-26: Providence (Boston)
26-27: Seton Hall (MSG or Barclays).

It seems like Autry is going to try and ignite that 95 Corridor again.
Agree on St. John’s and Nova.

Providence and Seton Hall don’t do a whole lot for me though.

Agree on St. John’s and Nova.

Providence and Seton Hall don’t do a whole lot for me though.
It's more about making sure you can tell recruits you'll play a few times per year in the 95 corridor. I think that's important. I don't have a preference for opponents, old BE just seemed easiest draw.

It was Syracuse that nixed the series which is a fact. A Big East team on the road never screw up the RPI. We only played the last time because it was finals of a tournament.

We had a 4 game deal with St Johns that ran from 2013-2016.

2017-18 we played in the Jimmy V Classic.
2018-19 we played in the Empire Classic
2019-20 we played in the NIT in Brooklyn
2020-21 was the messed up Covid year where we were lucky to play anyone at all
2021-22 we played in the Jimmy V Classic
Last season was the Empire Classic in Brooklyn.

We haven't had any issues getting games at MSG/NYC.

If we're not afraid to play Colgate every year, we shouldn't have a problem with you guys.
Sju and Cuse have played a long series dating back to 1912 that was ended by Cuse which is my point. Travesty to end series like that. And it’s not about sju not being good. Sju won the last 4 in a row against Cuse, so we aren’t Colgate. The point was many on this thread lamenting not having games in NYC. These series should continue on. They are historic and draw well for both teams IMO.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom