2023-2024 schedule release 8 PM tonight | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2023-2024 schedule release 8 PM tonight

Sju and Cuse have played a long series dating back to 1912 that was ended by Cuse which is my point. Travesty to end series like that. And it’s not about sju not being good. Sju won the last 4 in a row against Cuse, so we aren’t Colgate. The point was many on this thread lamenting not having games in NYC. These series should continue on. They are historic and draw well for both teams IMO.
I’m guessing you don’t know.

Sju and Cuse have played a long series dating back to 1912 that was ended by Cuse which is my point. Travesty to end series like that. And it’s not about sju not being good. Sju won the last 4 in a row against Cuse, so we aren’t Colgate. The point was many on this thread lamenting not having games in NYC. These series should continue on. They are historic and draw well for both teams IMO.
Series was “ended” but we still play every year so…. what are we even talking about?

Syracuse plays a 20 game conference schedule. They have a game in the ACC-SEC challenge. They have Georgetown scheduled every year. They almost always play a game in NYC against a big name opponent.

They need to play a lot of home games to make money.

Playing irrelevant teams OOC isn’t a priority. St Johns have been irrelevant since 1990. If your program someday becomes relevant again, I would expect we would be again be willing to play you.

Good luck in the New Big East!

Series was “ended” but we still play every year so…. what are we even talking about?
Ummm until this past year in a random tournament final, we hadn’t played since Syracuse cancelled the series in 2016.

Ummm until this past year in a random tournament final, we hadn’t played since Syracuse cancelled the series in 2016.
We have not been up to our standards the past several years, but SJ has been terrible. Pitino will improve your program, but we could only schedule so many former Big East teams.

Syracuse plays a 20 game conference schedule. They have a game in the ACC-SEC challenge. They have Georgetown scheduled every year. They almost always play a game in NYC against a big name opponent.

They need to play a lot of home games to make money.

Playing irrelevant teams OOC isn’t a priority. St Johns have been irrelevant since 1990. If your program someday becomes relevant again, I would expect we would be again be willing to play you.

Good luck in the New Big East!
Recent relevance is nothing. This is a historic matchup that was going on for over 100 years. I guess new fans don’t care about that stuff much any more. I think SJU, nova, Cuse and sju should play often. Still great historic rivalries there.

Recent relevance is nothing. This is a historic matchup that was going on for over 100 years. I guess new fans don’t care about that stuff much any more. I think SJU, nova, Cuse and sju should play often. Still great historic rivalries there.
Not easy to schedule every former conference mate. Battle of New York angle is appealing; as it Pitino as coach. Boston College should always play Providence College each year as well.

Stop being so disingenuous. 1912 may have been the first year the two schools played, but they did not become regular opponents until 1960. In fact, they met only 7 times before 1960. Maybe you should seek some help dealing with that inferiority complex.

Maybe relevance isn’t important to you but it is an important factor in scheduling for everyone else. Good luck in the New Big East!

Stop being so disingenuous. 1912 may have been the first year the two schools played, but they did not become regular opponents until 1960. In fact, they met only 7 times before 1960. Maybe you should seek some help dealing with that inferiority complex.
I have none. We actually lead in the series. Still a great matchup that shouldn’t have died any way you cut it.

Not easy to schedule every former conference mate. Battle of New York angle is appealing; as it Pitino as coach. Boston College should always play Providence College each year as well.
This is along the lines of what I’m talking about. Historic big east matchup, both Ny teams. Has always sold extremely well at both the Garden and Carrier.

My fault, I misread the post up above which was just about Cuse playing in NYC every year.

Did Syracuse “cancel” an agreed upon series? Or did they just not re-up for any new games?

My fault, I misread the post up above which was just about Cuse playing in NYC every year.

Did Syracuse “cancel” an agreed upon series? Or did they just not re-up for any new games?
At the time, it was widely known that SJU wanted to continue series but was rebuffed. Dang everybody so defensive here attacking me for wanting to see a good series renewed lol.

At the time, it was widely known that SJU wanted to continue series but was rebuffed. Dang everybody so defensive here attacking me for wanting to see a good series renewed lol.
Declining to schedule them again, and cancelling are two different things. Nobody is really attacking, they’re just not letting you say that St. John’s leads the series and that SU cancelled.

I’d be good with playing St. John’s, I love going to the Garden.

It’s tough overcoming that home court advantage at MSG.
Trust me I don’t love the Cuse fan overload at the garden at all. Still like the rivalry. Truth be told, most SJU fans have no desire to have Syracuse back playing in the Garden. I just think it’s a good rivalry for both teams, much like our mutual Georgetown friendly dislike. It fills the garden which ultimately is good for SJU as well.

That John Wallace team on the way to Hawaii, played at McHale against Arizona. Let's do that again. Wildcats could have a Top 5 team next season; let's go all out.
Highlights from that Arizona game are at the 4:45 mark. Three big-time dunks (two from JW, one from Otis).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom