2023 Coaching Carousel | Syracusefan.com

2023 Coaching Carousel

This close to the opener???

Can't wait until this story comes out.
This from a Manhattan alum: (Donkey reference in the first sentence).

"He is an . Seven straight losing seasons but insisted on another three year extension. They said no and he threatened them. Feel bad for players but good riddance"

Last edited:
Monmouth had a rough year. Curious to see what they do with King Rice.

Monmouth had a rough year. Curious to see what they do with King Rice.
I’ve heard he’s safe, but that was as of a few weeks ago. There’s a couple of interesting scenarios in the NYC area:

• Sounds like Mike Anderson is getting fired from the Johnnies. Who is going to take that job and be an upgrade for them, Pitino?
  • Slick Rick’s Iona contract is up and he’s looking for a bigger payday. Iona will probably tap Grasso to take over.
  • Rod Strickland’s 1st year at LIU was an embarrassing disaster. This is the 3 or 4th straight headscratching coaching change in a row for them.
  • Urgo at Fordham is having a great year, but that’s with one of the worst non-con schedules in the country. He should probably jump ship while he’s got some buzz.
  • Manhattan’s coaching situation is really up in the air after Masiello’s departure. Probably looking at the current interim taking over and making that program even more irrelevant.
I think one of Cuse’s assistants would be a good candidate for a Manhattan or Iona to look at, but I would assume those jobs would be a significant pay cut.

I’ve heard he’s safe, but that was as of a few weeks ago. There’s a couple of interesting scenarios in the NYC area:

• Sounds like Mike Anderson is getting fired from the Johnnies. Who is going to take that job and be an upgrade for them, Pitino?
  • Slick Rick’s Iona contract is up and he’s looking for a bigger payday. Iona will probably tap Grasso to take over.
  • Rod Strickland’s 1st year at LIU was an embarrassing disaster. This is the 3 or 4th straight headscratching coaching change in a row for them.
  • Urgo at Fordham is having a great year, but that’s with one of the worst non-con schedules in the country. He should probably jump ship while he’s got some buzz.
  • Manhattan’s coaching situation is really up in the air after Masiello’s departure. Probably looking at the current interim taking over and making that program even more irrelevant.
I think one of Cuse’s assistants would be a good candidate for a Manhattan or Iona to look at, but I would assume those jobs would be a significant pay cut.
I'm pretty sure our assistant coaches don't make much money (although they do well compared to average salaries in other careers, but it's a far cry from a high six or seven figure HC salary). They'd make more as HC at a mid-major.

Anyone on the look out for Georrgetown moving trucks in Skaneateles?

I wonder if our chancellor wants to bring him in. He is a g town guy after all

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Huh? Makes absolutely no sense.
Rothstein says things like that and what do JB and Ewing have in common, maybe something that's happened in the last 24 hours or so.

Literally could do a Find & Replace with G'town/Syracuse and Ewing/Boeheim and it would have been perfect.

National search, statements from both parties showing no hard feelings, no use of the word "terminated", etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom