2023 MLB Spring Training thread | Syracusefan.com

2023 MLB Spring Training thread

I think this year could break our playoff streak, though I suppose we still have a good shot at a wildcard. Pitching should still be good and we have a couple studs in the lineup. But man, we are not deep at all and losing our SS is devastating.

I haven't watched a ton of spring training, but so far, I'm a big fan of the pace of play rules. Basketball players don't get forever to shoot, football players have a play clock - why should baseball players get forever to get in the box or to pitch?

I haven't watched a ton of spring training, but so far, I'm a big fan of the pace of play rules. Basketball players don't get forever to shoot, football players have a play clock - why should baseball players get forever to get in the box or to pitch?
Baseball used to be about leisure and enjoyment: time was immaterial.
Now we cannot abide such indulgences.
Someone could probably write a thesis on societal changes seen through the prism of the waning popularity of baseball.

Someone could probably write a thesis on societal changes seen through the prism of the waning popularity of baseball.

Baseball use to be much quicker though as well. First game at Camden Yards was 2 hours 10 minutes

I see your point and I agree that people need to just enjoy things more. But at the same time, when people have to work or go to school the next day, it's not the worst thing in the world that they can go to a ballgame and know they will get home at a decent hour.

I see your point and I agree that people need to just enjoy things more. But at the same time, when people have to work or go to school the next day, it's not the worst thing in the world that they can go to a ballgame and know they will get home at a decent hour.

Three plus hours on a weeknight, constant pitching changing, batters readjusting their gloves after every single pitch. At some point the margins got pushed out to something unacceptable. Other sports have adjusted their rules.

Nevermind playoff games that can go over four hours.

Nothing in the entertainment field should last longer than 3 hours. Games, movies, concerts, boxing/mma/wrestling events…..nothing. 3 hours is your max.

Since a 9 inning baseball game is long enough, I’m good with the rule of having a player start on 2nd base in extra innings.

Since a 9 inning baseball game is long enough, I’m good with the rule of having a player start on 2nd base in extra innings.
It does encourage “small ball,” which people claim they want.

The new replay rule should be interesting..

More close to what it should have been all along

Immediate notice and 15 secs to decide..

I wish it was just yea or nea right off the bat.. you think the ump was wrong in real time then use your replay.

and the same with the NFL.. you got X secs to decide.. No deciding 5 min after a TV timeout or 45 secs after watching 15 replays..

I'm with it as well. Hockey has the gimmick way to end reg. season games but uses the real rules in postseason. As long as there's no ghost runners in October I'm fine with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom