2023 PLL Season | Syracusefan.com

2023 PLL Season

Powellfan

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Lacrosse world really going all in on the Sixes thing. I guess this is the PLL answer to the FA Cup or Champions League. Interesting idea and a good way to keep the league on people's minds for more than just the summer.

Coaches listed with Syracuse connections:

1. Joe Spallina (former NY Lizards coach)
2. Steven Brooks (current Atlas interim head coach)
6. Casey Powell (former Jacksonville asst.)
10. Dave Pietramala (current SU d coordinator)

Spallina makes a lot of sense to me as he had great success in the MLL. Brooks should also be in the running I'd imagine. Powell is a bit of a surprise as he hasn't stayed at any one place very long and isn't currently coaching anywhere.

I would hope Petro doesn't get it as I have to imagine that would take away from his summer recruiting availability. But he does have strong connections to Paul Rabil (obviously). Also Pat March coached in the MLL his first year coaching at SU, so doing both NCAA and pro lacrosse isn't unheard of (UVA assistant Sean Kirwan coaches the Cannons).

Knowing IL it will be none of the 10 listed.

No Syracuse listed. Can understand not wanting to play inside during the summer months but there isn’t any viable venue in the greater upstate region? Flummoxed by why they have avoided Syracuse/Rochester/Buffalo every single year.

Albany’s a good venue. Airport close by with direct flights from Atlanta, Charlotte, Baltimore. 2.5 hours to metro Boston, Metro NYC, just over 3 to Philly. Two high quality turf fields. Plenty of grass fields. Decent weather.

Kids hang around practices all week. Two or three of my sons teammates got full setups from players. It’s very chill. Come on down and you can even fish with the Shrndougluvrs.

It’s high time we add Syracuse to this tour. Why are they thinking not trying CNY out?

It’s high time we add Syracuse to this tour. Why are they thinking not trying CNY out?

Because SUNY Albany is much better suited for an event like this.

Plenty of parking. Plenty of open spaces on campus for fan stuff.

Because SUNY Albany is much better suited for an event like this.

Plenty of parking. Plenty of open spaces on campus for fan stuff.
If they had a lot of fan stuff. I went to Albany PLL before and you could easily fit the fan stuff outside the dome or the quad.

Psyched they're coming back to Fairfield this season. The weekend sold out last summer, and the Fairfield U. stadium is a perfect venue for PLL, size-wise. It's also 5 minutes from my house.

It is a total cop out to act like it is impossible to do it in the cuse. Our parking and space for attractions at the dome is far from nonexistent. How do we manage for all these football and basketball games which have tens of thousands more in attendance than PLL games? They can't do it in the summer with no student cars crowding up parking?

They also used to hold team USA events at the field right by Manly field house, along with big lacrosse tournaments for high schoolers in the surrounding grass fields. Lemoyne? Maybe go a little outside of Cuse to SUNY Cortland that has hosted all kinds of large lacrosse events? There are so many options.

Also a total cop out to act like Albany being a better option for xyz reasons means they cannot come to cuse. The drive from Baltimore to Philly is closer than the drive from Albany to Cuse. The drive from Fairfield to Long island is closer than the drive from Albany to Cuse. The drive from Long Island to Albany is not that much farther than the drive from Albany to Cuse. They already have game locations in close proximity on a regular basis and are totally fine with it.

They are a bunch of punk asz cuse haters. Plain and simple. All the history and families and coaches and native american roots and historic winning programs at all levels beyond cuse lax and still NOTHING. Zero excuse. Screw the PLL.

It is a total cop out to act like it is impossible to do it in the cuse. Our parking and space for attractions at the dome is far from nonexistent. How do we manage for all these football and basketball games which have tens of thousands more in attendance than PLL games? They can't do it in the summer with no student cars crowding up parking?

They also used to hold team USA events at the field right by Manly field house, along with big lacrosse tournaments for high schoolers in the surrounding grass fields. Lemoyne? Maybe go a little outside of Cuse to SUNY Cortland that has hosted all kinds of large lacrosse events? There are so many options.

Also a total cop out to act like Albany being a better option for xyz reasons means they cannot come to cuse. The drive from Baltimore to Philly is closer than the drive from Albany to Cuse. The drive from Fairfield to Long island is closer than the drive from Albany to Cuse. The drive from Long Island to Albany is not that much farther than the drive from Albany to Cuse. They already have game locations in close proximity on a regular basis and are totally fine with it.

They are a bunch of punk asz cuse haters. Plain and simple. All the history and families and coaches and native american roots and historic winning programs at all levels beyond cuse lax and still NOTHING. Zero excuse. Screw the PLL.
Has anyone in the Syracuse area pitched the location to the PLL? I don't know the selection process, but I assume this is a two-way street. I believe Fairfield got it's weekend last year because we were going to get an MLL team in 2020, but COVID ruined that and then the league folded.

Has anyone in the Syracuse area pitched the location to the PLL? I don't know the selection process, but I assume this is a two-way street. I believe Fairfield got it's weekend last year because we were going to get an MLL team in 2020, but COVID ruined that and then the league folded.
I’m sure it is a two way street and that is a factor. My anger mainly stems from the fact that all it requires is a weekend of planning and logistics. It’s not like they have to set up an entire pro franchise here. That’s the main pro of their strategy. Location doesn’t go 100% like you would like? No worries. Next week is another set of games in another city. There are no major long term risks from taking a shot at a certain location.

Since that’s the system, the fact they haven’t been able to do one single weekend of games in 4 seasons in a city that is without question in the top 2 most important and sacred cities in the history of the sport is insane. We are worth suffering through a couple logistical obstacles. You have to try here. Even if the dome isn’t the location. You have to try it somewhere around here at least once.

I personally have emailed Pete Sala regarding it. I have seen Gait and Rabil speaking in pictures. I have a hard time believing it hasn't at least come up in conversation.

Drake Porter with a great 2nd half tonight. Very impressive...
And fun to see Dearth out there imposing his will like Dearth Vader...
Must be fun for them to play with their old enemies - Gray, Aitken, Costabile, Carraway etc.

The is the first time I could find the 6x6 on tv. It's pretty good, I like it!

Great coaching adjustments by Chrome coach. Atlas shooters were frustrated and started making poor decisions. Sconone benefited from that along with his usual strong play. Dearth and Porter distinguished themselves even with only limited time for Porter. Nice story for Romar Dennis on Atlas - he was a scratch for the Atlas for much of the summer season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom