Kaci Benoit, D, Darien, CT / Darien
Ella Blesi, A, Burnt Hills, NY / Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake
Joely Caramelli, M/Draw, Massapequa Park, NY / Massapequa
Carlie Desimone, M, Baldwinsville, NY / CW Baker

Izzy Lahah, M, North Attleboro, MA / St Georges
Alexa Vogelman, M, Chester Springs, PA / Owen Roberts
Ashlee Volpe, A, Painted Post, NY / Corning-Painted Post

Last edited by a moderator:
Ashlee Volpe — Corning HS. A little confused with this one. She is listed as a class of 2023-- but played with the class of 2022 at the American Select Lacrosse Tournament in late July. Had a pretty good outing for the Upstate NY team which went on to win the whole tournament.

Another standout of the tournament was Kennedy Schottland (Class of 2022) who attends Victor HS and is currently verbally committed to Villanova. Only the championship game was televised on LSN but there was a lot of praise by Travis Eldrid and Tracy Wiener about how she played the entire tournament. She stood on her head in that championship game though and ended up winning MVP. Has she been overlooked?

42FE2B01-3AC0-4721-8242-EFAD49A7B02C.jpeg

First 2023 commit!!! Joely Caramelli. Hailing from Massapequa, NY. Don't think we've ever had anyone from Massapequa before-- at least since I've been watching. Looks to be a very promising recruit... Awesome way to kick off this 2023 class.

Getting off track here in regards to the class of 2023 but just had to share this here anyway. I know coaches aren’t able to contact them until Sept. 1 of their junior year but it’s just something to keep an eye on in the future. Class of 2025– Delaney Chernoff, 8th grader pulled up to play on varsity.

Also, Joey Spallina’s little sister Alexa is class of 2025 who was an 8th grader that was pulled up to varsity and also had a great season. I think she ended up starting half way through the season. No idea if she would want to play for her dad at stony brook, or she would want to play elsewhere— but I guess Joe would have first dibs when the time comes haha. If these two are this good now, it’s scary to think what they are going to be like when their junior-senior seasons roll around. What I do know is that these two are going to be major problems in the near future, mark it down now!

Getting off track here in regards to the class of 2023 but just had to share this here anyway. I know coaches aren’t able to contact them until Sept. 1 of their junior year but it’s just something to keep an eye on in the future. Class of 2025– Delaney Chernoff, 8th grader pulled up to play on varsity.

Also, Joey Spallina’s little sister Alexa is class of 2025 who was an 8th grader that was pulled up to varsity and also had a great season. I think she ended up starting half way through the season. No idea if she would want to play for her dad at stony brook, or she would want to play elsewhere— but I guess Joe would have first dibs when the time comes haha. If these two are this good now, it’s scary to think what they are going to be like when their junior-senior seasons roll around. What I do know is that these two are going to be major problems in the near future, mark it down now!
Skipped over a few upstate 2024 kids that are pretty good

This again, is why Ktrain will attract quality recruits​

Definition of a Rising Star​

0e1a2613-1831-4e3f-9283-d3390102d9cd-medium16x9_treanor2.jpg

Kayla Treanor at her introductory press conference

It's hard to believe that Treanor was a player for Syracuse just five years ago. Given that she was a four-time All-American and 2nd leading scorer all-time for the Orange it really shouldn't come as a shock that she's ascended so quickly through the ranks. She's been a part of 7 out of the last 8 Final Fours combining her time as a player and coach. In short, everywhere she goes she wins, including as an assistant coach for Boston College when they beat SU at the national title game Memorial Day Weekend.

This hire required vision, John Wildhack showed it.

There were other candidates that were head coaches in their own right and to their credit well-proven in those positions. But you couldn't hold the fact that Kayla wasn't a head coach yet, at just 27, against her. You have to look big picture, Treanor can be an even more impactful coach as she was a player, believe it or not. She helped turn Boston College into a national power and now hopes to get Syracuse their first title.

Relatability​

4970a56a-6266-4637-a4ed-7ef408127c3c-medium16x9_KaylaTreanor_getty.jpg

GUILDFORD, ENGLAND - JULY 20: Kayla Treanor of USA shoots and scores as Laura Merrifield (R) of England looks on during the semi-final match between England and USA during the 2017 FIL Rathbones Women's Lacrosse World Cup at Surrey Sports Park on July 20, 2017 in Guildford, England. (Photo by Michael Steele/Getty Images)

Kayla Treanor can still bring it.

I remember interviewing Orange Women's Lacrosse players when their coach Gary Gait was still playing professionally and coaching them at the same time, those players said there was a respect and relatability there because of it.

Kayla is a highly visible player in the game on the world stage as you see in the photo above.

That goes a long way on the recruiting trail and in the team huddle. You trust the game plan, you trust that time out because Kayla is one of the best to ever play and still does so.

Relatability on the field and off it, too.

We mentioned Kayla's age at 27 and just five years out of school. That's a gamechanger in a good way because she is not far removed from being in the same college situations as her players.

She's in the Family​

47e47002-1cb3-416c-84a6-08535a45558b-medium16x9_SUwomenslaxgetsweekendsweep.jpg

Hiring Kayla Treanor keeps things "in the family"

You can hardly see Kayla in that photo and by design, she is surrounded by her family and loving teammates (Kayla, for reference, is in the blue headband in the back of the huddle).

Sometimes the home run you can hit is the pitch right in front of you, that's what SU did here. It's the home run that was in the family the entire time and just waiting for her first chance.

Treanor had the support of Orange alumni including Alyssa Murray Cometti who started an online petition in support of Treanor.

SU did their diligence but didn't have to go far to find its leader for the foreseeable future.

SU introduces Kayla Treanor as new head coach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom