2023 Spring Game Friday April 21st | Syracusefan.com

2023 Spring Game Friday April 21st

When do you think the date for this will be announced? I miss football already.
Spring Break is March 13 - March 17, so practice will either start March 7 or March 21. I'd aim for around Friday, April 7.

Spring Break is March 13 - March 17, so practice will either start March 7 or March 21. I'd aim for around Friday, April 7.
That sounds about right, and if memory serves it was also the first Friday of April last year (4/1). I can’t wait, hope it is the same format as last year.

Not yet...I assume the game/event will be on the ACCN. Likely it'll be the first weekend in April.

BTW, the 2023 Fall schedule should be announced in 3 weeks or so.
That’s gonna be the big one Mark, the schedule release. Soon as that happens I put my vacation time in and schedule it around the home games.

I think the talk for 2022 was that the conference is forcing all schools to play an actual game for TV purposes. Hope that remains true.
Yeah, I remember when Packer and Durham had Dino on shortly before the Spring Game they were kind of teasing him about. He said with a smile “anything for the conference”. I think the new game format is here to stay for a while, which is awesome because it was a blast.

Hope more people come this year, people don’t know what they’re missing. It’s free and we can sit wherever we want, even go onto the field after and meet the players and take pictures.

Hope more people come this year, people don’t know what they’re missing. It’s free and we can sit wherever we want, even go onto the field after and meet the players and take pictures.
The attendance in 2011 was similar to the attendance in 2015 was similar to the attendance in 2022. Tis what tis.

Yup I figure that weekend or the weekend before...but Monster Jam needs a few days to prep so Saturday, Apr 1st (or Friday, March 31st) is my guess.

Just remember the event doesn't have to be the culmination of Spring practice...they could have more practices after April 1st

Last edited:
I hope that first Colgate game is 2:00 or later. I'm guessing they wouldn't choose Noon for the opener if possible

I wonder which of the injured players might be ready to play in this game or would SU just hold off and avoid any possible reinjury?

I wonder which of the injured players might be ready to play in this game or would SU just hold off and avoid any possible reinjury?

I’m thinking most of the guys who are coming back from a significant injury or surgery will be held out of anything resembling live contact until fall camp in August. If I recall accurately this is what happened last spring.

I hope that first Colgate game is 2:00 or later. I'm guessing they wouldn't choose Noon for the opener if possible
Colgate is a possibility for Thursday or Friday too.

I’m thinking most of the guys who are coming back from a significant injury or surgery will be held out of anything resembling live contact until fall camp in August. If I recall accurately this is what happened last spring.
Thompson and Lockett I would think are definitely out.

Gentlemen keep your complaints about the SU Pitt game in the schedule thread or your post will be deleted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom