2023 Spring Practice | Syracusefan.com

2023 Spring Practice

I understand there have been changes made to the winter strength and conditioning program.

I've heard Coach Holland has been given more responsibilities this winter.

I've also heard the food being served to the players has improved. Hopefully we progress to individual meal plans. There's no way a WR should be eating the same as an OL. Ideally every player should have an individual meal plan and box lunches designed specific to each player's needs should be available to grab and go when they have to hustle off to class after a football activity.

I wonder with all the chatter about nutrition do they factor in what these kids are drinking and "smoking" when they go out at night? Doubt it. Football players would never?? I am sure none of them drink or smoke weed.

Kind of why I think the whole thing is a joke

I wonder with all the chatter about nutrition do they factor in what these kids are drinking and "smoking" when they go out at night? Doubt it. Football players would never?? I am sure none of them drink or smoke weed.

Kind of why I think the whole thing is a joke
I don't think nutrition is a joke, but I think there is definitely an overemphasis on it. Unless guys have allergies or sensitivities they can all eat the same things, just vary the portion size. It's the other recovery areas where most of them slip up, like you said. Junk food, sugary drinks, booze and lack of sleep will undo a lot of the nutrition.

I don't think nutrition is a joke, but I think there is definitely an overemphasis on it. Unless guys have allergies or sensitivities they can all eat the same things, just vary the portion size. It's the other recovery areas where most of them slip up, like you said. Junk food, sugary drinks, booze and lack of sleep will undo a lot of the nutrition.
In other words a college lifestyle will undo a lot of nutrition… although I would think many of these players are a little more dialed in. But still it’s 18-23 year old guys we are talking about

In other words a college lifestyle will undo a lot of nutrition… although I would think many of these players are a little more dialed in. But still it’s 18-23 year old guys we are talking about
reminds me of the Donnie m story on the no drinking Pledge for 87 team.

I understand there have been changes made to the winter strength and conditioning program.

I've heard Coach Holland has been given more responsibilities this winter.

I've also heard the food being served to the players has improved. Hopefully we progress to individual meal plans. There's no way a WR should be eating the same as an OL. Ideally every player should have an individual meal plan and box lunches designed specific to each player's needs should be available to grab and go when they have to hustle off to class after a football activity.
I have no clue what his professional credentials are like - but he’s a funny follow on Instagram and seems like the type of coach players would relate to. Posts some great edits of the kids, energetic, younger etc. seems like a lot of the players like him too. Different feel than an older coach.

For most kids this age, eating your vegetables means getting peppers on your pizza.

Ok I will agree with this but I still say they are college kids and after the all the athlete specific programs are written and the green smoothies are being taken in after a work out along with the chicken and keen wah for dinner, I still say many of them are participating in the social life activities that many college kids are at night. Booze, weed, late night eating etc. Is what it is and I am sure I am sure there are some that aren't but I just don't want to hear it like everyone of these kids are dialed in on their individual nutrition as if they are LeBron in year 17 because most simply are not. And I think it's a bit of a joke and a dog and pony show at best. We need to hire a football specific nutritionist because everybody else is, plain and simple and I can agree with that I guess.

It certainly can't hurt by any means but let's be real here. When you listen to some of these professional athletes speak on it, 4 out of 5 of them say once they got in professional sports for a couple years they realize they need to get dialed in on the nutrition end and hire personal chefs, trainers etc.

Ok I will agree with this but I still say they are college kids and after the all the athlete specific programs are written and the green smoothies are being taken in after a work out along with the chicken and keen wah for dinner, I still say many of them are participating in the social life activities that many college kids are at night. Booze, weed, late night eating etc. Is what it is and I am sure I am sure there are some that aren't but I just don't want to hear it like everyone of these kids are dialed in on their individual nutrition as if they are LeBron in year 17 because most simply are not. And I think it's a bit of a joke and a dog and pony show at best. We need to hire a football specific nutritionist because everybody else is, plain and simple and I can agree with that I guess.

It certainly can't hurt by any means but let's be real here. When you listen to some of these professional athletes speak on it, 4 out of 5 of them say once they got in professional sports for a couple years they realize they need to get dialed in on the nutrition end and hire personal chefs, trainers etc.

Keen wah lol

Many moons ago SU had a talented B-ball center, Derek Browser. Derek had a weight problem so the staff carefully monitored his diet.
The staff would make sure he ate a healthy dinner, then tail Derek as he went to M street and consumed mass quantities of McDonald's food.

Somehow soccer players in Europe who are about that age know to take better care of their bodies. Their coaches demand it.

Rodents, birds, insects, other small critters.
Wolverines eat poop, maggot ridden road kill, anything they can find in filthy garbage cans and more poop.

They eat like they are homeless animals.

Go Michigan!

Wave Hello GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom