2023 World Championship / San Diego | Syracusefan.com

2023 World Championship / San Diego

NamePosCollegePro Team(s)
Peter DearthMSyracuse '21Atlas

A lot of young guys on that white team. Hiltz, Levi Anderson (St Joes), Levi Verch (St Joes), Ross Scott (Rutgers). I saw a lot of Levi Anderson as they played LIU 4 times in last 2 seasons that kid is a monster. Wouldn't be surprised if he's a tewarrton finalist this yr as St Joes will get more recognition being in CAA and adding Duke plus Hopkins to there schedule. Hope we can watch I would like to.

Some odd selections by Dano here, with Pannell over Ament the biggest headscratcher. Honestly surprised O'Neill made the cut, especially if you are planning on using him as a midfielder. Seems like Handley would have been a better fit for that roll.

Very very tough competition to make the team and a lot of talent didn't make the roster. O'Neill is good but...appears to have benefited from Danowski being USA coach - he's the only college player?! Who knows.

What hits home for me is that Syracuse players are nowhere and I can't honestly think of any Cuse guys who could even be close to making the list. Maybe Desko and crew didn't do such a bad job after all given the relative talent level versus the top teams.

Very very tough competition to make the team and a lot of talent didn't make the roster. O'Neill is good but...appears to have benefited from Danowski being USA coach - he's the only college player?! Who knows.

What hits home for me is that Syracuse players are nowhere and I can't honestly think of any Cuse guys who could even be close to making the list. Maybe Desko and crew didn't do such a bad job after all given the relative talent level versus the top teams.
Dearth was close I believe. Not sure if Dordevic was even at the tryout but he would be a solid younger option like ONeill who will probably make the team down the road. We also have Hiltz and Porter on the canadian team. Too much competition for an attack like Rehfuss to see a lineup like this, but he has looked good against pro competition. Not sure about Kennedy or Trimboli but Curry could still find his way to some minutes in the pros with his speed. Galloway and Abbot just too old now I guess.

Seems a little strange picking O'Neill over Wisnauskas.

I don’t really think of it as ONeill vs Wisnauskas because they are pretty different players. ONeill is faster and does more off the dodge but Wisnauskas is more of a reliable deadly shooter/offball guy and feeder. I am guessing Rambo is the left wing attack starter? ONeill will probably be a middie of some kind.

I don’t really think of it as ONeill vs Wisnauskas because they are pretty different players. ONeill is faster and does more off the dodge but Wisnauskas is more of a reliable deadly shooter/offball guy and feeder. I am guessing Rambo is the left wing attack starter? ONeill will probably be a middie of some kind.
Sounds sort of questionable to me.

Danowski is the head coach so I'm sure that played a part in him picking one of his own players. Happens a lot, unfortantly. I am sure if Tillman were in charge he would have picked Wisnauskas.

I am not a huge follower of international lacrosse but the rules are different and matching up with the Canadians is a different bowl of oranges than just throwing out the best or most deserving team. What exactly that means I am not entirely sure!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom