2024 Preseason Top 20 Lookahead | Syracusefan.com

2024 Preseason Top 20 Lookahead

Powellfan

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Perhaps the best part of the college lacrosse season ending is that you get to look ahead to next year. Especially if your favorite team didn't win the whole shebang. At least this is something to do bid our time in a long offseason. Anyways, before I get influenced by publications that know more than me, I wanted to try and put together what I think is the 2024 Top 20, as things stand right now. There are going to be a lot of good teams next year, but lots of them have pretty big holes to fill. One thing for certain is that this list will certainly be wrong by the end of next season. Last year I did not do such a great job (Georgetown at #1, Notre Dame at only #6, Harvard and Penn in the top 10, Hopkins not ranked at all, etc). Alas, I'll give it my best shot. I made some assumptions about players coming back, and tried not to let rumored transfers sway my mind. After the offseason I'm sure this list will look quite different. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to people's disagreements.

1. Notre Dame - Tough call for me, as I had pegged Duke at preseason #1 for most of the postseason. But Notre Dame handled Duke twice this past year so it's really difficult to rank them higher than the Irish. ND returns a very good offense headlined by the Kavanaugh brothers, Eric Dobson and Jake Taylor. Their defense returns tournament MVP Liam Entenmann and LSM Will Donovan. Their main FOGO Will Lynch, who put a great tournament together returns. That said, ND losses a lot, especially on defense with Chris Fake, Chris Conlon, SSDM Quinn McCahon all exhausting eligibility. On offense Brian Tevlin and Jack Simmons depart. Fake and Tevlin especially feel like gigantic losses. We take it for granted that ND will reload on defense, but that's no sure thing this year. There isn't an obvious replacement for Fake in the transfer portal as of yet. I'm sure the Irish will get some really good transfers so I'm baking that in a little bit to this ranking (Devon McLane is already rumored). I think it's really close between the top three ACC schools from last year this, but with the Kavanaugh brothers coming back, I feel like I have to give the edge, as of now, to Notre Dame.

2. Duke - the Blue Devils return a ton next year, including potential Tewaarton winner Brennan O'Neil and the rest of the attack. They get back the best FOGO in the country (championship game excluded) in Jake Naso. They lose their goalie, a PLL draft pick in Garret Leadmon from the midfield, a really good defenseman in Wilson Stephenson and a pair of second line middies (Owen Caputo and Tommy Schelling). But pretty much everyone comes back and they bring in a number of five star freshmen in Mac Christmas, Tomas Delgado and Benn Johnston. One issue for Duke is that their midfield looks a little light at least compared to typical Duke teams. Rumors of them getting some transfers could change that, but for now it does seem like an issue. While it didn't happen often, it really seemed like Duke's offense didn't function well at all if O'Neil was struggling. They'll have to fix that. The biggest question is the goalie position as they lose their starter and backup from this season. If Duke grabs Chayse Irelan and some midfielders, I could see them leapfrogging Notre Dame.

3. UVA - the first one out of the playoffs from the big three gets the lowest ranking coming into next year. UVA losses a lot, Petey LaSalla, Cade Sausted, Xander Dickson, Thomas McConvey, Evan Zinn, etc. The biggest question mark is face-off where the Cavs seem to have only one player on the roster at that position (Gable Braun) and no incoming recruits. That said they return Conor Shellenberger, one of the best players in the country who battled injuries last year. It seems like UVA really hasn't had to reload much the last few years, but this year feels like an exception. Will they hit the portal harder than usual? They have a great group of freshmen from this year that they largely redshirted. Also they welcome McCabe Millon the top recruit in this years class. Should be very interesting to see who gets that third spot next to Shellenberger and Peyton Cormier

4. Maryland - despite the early first round exit, the Terps will welcome back a ton of talent especially on offense. Kyle Long is pretty much the only loss on offense, with Eric Malever coming back after being injured all of last season. Of defense they lose Brett Makar which is big for them since he seemed to be the "heartbeat" of the team. That said they get back Ajax Zapatello and pretty much everyone else. At goal they get back tournament MVP Logan McAnaney. They also are set at face-off with Luke Weirman. Maryland does seem to lack explosiveness on offense which seemed to hold them back this past year. They get a lot of returning players but nothing like Bernhardt/Rambo/Wisnaskus that they are used to.

5. Penn State - What a year for the Nittany Lions, one blown call away from the title game. They lose some good players in Kevin Winkoff and Jack Traynor but I think they get everyone else back including their star goaltender Jack Fraycon. Starting defender Jack Posey could be a loss as he was injured in the tourny. I guess the big question is whether TJ Malone returns since he's listed as a grad student but due to injuries I think he has an extra year left. They did not face-off well last year so should be interesting to see if they address that again in the portal.

6. Johns Hopkins - pains me to say but the Jays are coming off a really good season and don't lose much at all. Defensively Alex Mazzone is a huge loss, but they get everyone else back including Scott Smith. Offensively the Jays only lose Garrett Degnon. The big question is goal where Hopkins has long struggled. Apparently returning starter Tim Marcille comes back but he ended the season on a downward trajectory. They are apparently in the running for Irelan which would be huge for them. They are incredibly solid, but can they get to that next level? Struggled with whether to rank them over the Lions. Getting the right goalie or Malone not coming back might leapfrog them.

7. Michigan - I seem to be grouping conferences together don't I? The Wolverines return a ton from a team that got hot at the right time last year. They lose one half of their two headed face-off juggernaut in Nick Rowlett and other key pieces in Bryce Clay, Peter Thompson and Andrew Darby. But they also get back their top three scorers from this season and their starting goalie.

8. Army - the Black Knights had a great season last year and get pretty much everyone back minus their goaltender. That said Army always seems to have a good goalie. The Knights also seem to have a very good FOGO for the first time in a long time. The Knights could be very dangerous next year. Breakout freshman Evan Plunket really looks like a player to watch. His brother Hill should join the team next year I believe.

9. Syracuse - I am perhaps overly optimistic about the Orange next year, as they still have a lot of unconfirmed holes on the roster (faceoff). But I love what they bring back on offense and what they've added through the portal so far (English and Stevens). They have one of the better goalies in the country in Will Mark. Perhaps I am putting too much into Riley Figuerias back, but I have to imagine the defense improves next year. It sounds like they have a FOGO but not knowing who it is, it's hard to know how much better they will be at that spot. Also the Orange desperately need help at short stick. Still, I think the Orange should be in the hunt for a final four spot next year.

10. Yale - I really don't know what to do with the Ivy League next year. Yale returns a ton on offense including their starting attack which put up a ton of points. That said their defense was really really bad last year. They do seem to return a lot but will have to fix things on that side of the ball somehow. If they can solve their defense, watch out.

11. Cornell - The same issues at Yale seem to apply to the Big Red. Cornell returns CJ Kirst but the defense seemed to really struggle late last year and they lose Gavin Adler and Irelan. Hard to see how they improve that department with those losses. Offense needs to find other options besides Kirst. They do have an intriguing recruiting class coming and should be strong at the face-off X.

12. Princeton - The Tigers lose a lot from this year including English, Stevens, Alex Slusher, Beau Pederson, etc. But they have Coutler Mackesy and Michael Gianforcaro coming back, and they played very well last year despite suffering a ton of injuries. I don't like factoring in freshmen classes in too much but Princeton seems to have a good one coming in next year with five top 25 players.

13. Denver - This feels pretty high for the Pios, but looking at their roster, if fifth years decide to return, they have a ton coming back. They should be the team to beat in the Big East. First year post Bill Tierney should be interesting.

14. UNC - I didn't expect to put the Tar Heels quite this high, but I'm not sure there are tons of teams behind them who are better. They return some good players and get a great recruiting class in, but talent doesn't seem to be the issue on Chapel Hill. Dom Petro returns from injury. Logan McGovern put up really good numbers last year. They do lose some good players in Conor Mahar, Sean Goldsmith, Evan Egan, etc. Also Matt Wright is in the portal. Will be intersting to see if Joe Breshi hits the portal hard.

15. Utah - brings back everyone on offense from a NCAA tournament team, including two 50+ points scorers in Jordan Hyde and Tyler Bradbury. They could really be a team to watch next year.

16. Richmond - Curious if Dalton Young returns as the Spiders could be very good if he does. They have some really good talent with Lance Madonna and Aidan O'Neil. Their FOGO who won 50% returns and they have a strong goalie returning.

17. Rutgers - the Scarlett Knights return some good players in Ross Scott and Shane Knobloch but their defense took a big graduation hit. Will they be as aggressive in their use of the portal? Has that strategy finally caught up with them? It does seem like their window has closed.

18. Boston University - The Terriers lose third leading scorer Timmy Ley, but if fifth year players come back they could once again be very good on offense with Vince D'Alto and Louis Perfetto (both 60+ points) leading the way. Roy Meyer is one of the best LSMs in the country. Patriot League doesn't look very good outside of Army once again so BU could pile up wins.

19. Bryant - If the Bulldogs get their leading scorer back for his fifth year, they could be a really exciting team to watch. Kevin Groeninger led the team with 68 points but they could also get their other four top leading scorers back. They did not look good at all against Hopkins in the tournament but they should be very good next year.

20. Penn - It came down here to the Quakers and Georgetown. The Hoyas return some good players but they just lose so much all over the field. Obviously losing Sam Handley is huge. But the Quakers might be better off from a team standpoint as Handley seemed to direct everything (he had more than 20 points than Penn's second leading scorer). They return a good goalie in Emmett Carol and a really good recruiting class.

It really feels like there are two top groups of teams - the top three ACC teams made up of Notre Dame, Duke and Virginia, then a second grouping that includes the top Big Ten Teams, Army and Syracuse. After that it really feels like a toss up. The Ivy League has some good teams but they lose an awful lot this season and its hard to know where they will end up at the end of the year. I struggled with the last six or so teams as it does not seem like there are many mid major teams like Delaware last year. The American East seems to be really below par these days. The Patriot League also looks really weak next year - I am intrigued by teams like Navy and Loyola but just couldn't quite justify picking them. I really felt like I struggled with ranking teams like Penn, Harvard and Georgetown but I just couldn't find other teams to rank above them.

Virginia - I believe UVa also loses Jeff Conner and Grayson Sallade. Salade with Zinn means 2 ssdms are gone. Conner, UVa's 6th leading scorer, was also important because he was a bit of a 2-way midfielder. So that is 3 of the top 6 scorers gone. As you mention, UVa brings in Millon. Can Tiffany fit Shellenberger, Cormier, Millon, Sunderland and Schutz in at once?

Maryland - Maryland also loses LSM John Geppert from the defense. Maryland does have the two young guys - Larkin and Schaller looking to step up - and added two grad transfers from Vermont Nicholas Alviti (LSM) and Jackson Canfield, so things look solid among the long sticks. At ssdm, Donovan Lacey has finished up and it appears Trader will just concentrate on football next year, so the Terps are looking for some new faces there. As you say, Maryland returns a lot on offense, but the offense didn't do too well this past season. Malever returns, and Murphy was banged up most of the season, and 3 of UMd's contributors: Erksa, Spanos, and Whittier were freshmen - so there is room for optimism there.

Being #9 is overly optimistic? That doesn't speak too well for the future of this program.

Being #9 is overly optimistic? That doesn't speak too well for the future of this program.
Two years ago we were 4-10. This year we went 8-7 and were just out of the playoffs. We return a ton of key players and have already added even more high quality ones from the portal, with more likely on the way. Had the number 1 recruiting class in the country last year and they are now a year older. Stud #1 cover guy in the class returns from injury. If you think it doesn't speak well for the future then I do not think you have actually followed the team all that closely.

Two years ago we were 4-10. This year we went 8-7 and were just out of the playoffs. We return a ton of key players and have already added even more high quality ones from the portal, with more likely on the way. Had the number 1 recruiting class in the country last year and they are now a year older. Stud #1 cover guy in the class returns from injury. If you think it doesn't speak well for the future then I do not think you have actually followed the team all that closely.
What are you babbling? My comment was to the original post of ranking them #9 being overly optimistic, not what you have gone on about. I think they should be much better with what they have added over last 2 years.

I'm sure everyone has holes that only their diehards zero in on so I don't think you're being overly optimistic.

4 of Syracuse's 7 losses were to final four teams. If those 3 are still going to be that good then Syracuse has to figure out a way to win a couple.

We might miss Kirst a bit more than we think because he seemed to be able to 'get one' when we needed it. He brought that senior ‘calming’ presence that we needed. That said, with the entire offense now a year older I expect even better than the 14.33 goals per game they averaged overall and 13 gpg they averaged against ND, UVA and Duke. The offense has the potential to be one of the best in the nation.

If we can get stops and win more than we lose at the X then they're top 9 all day.

Last edited:
SU defense needs to take 2 steps forward to be top 10.

What are you babbling? My comment was to the original post of ranking them #9 being overly optimistic, not what you have gone on about. I think they should be much better with what they have added over last 2 years.
DoctahLexus comment wasn't babbling. He is just saying that we expect the team to show steady improvement and that moving from #18 to 9 is a pretty big move. If they leap to top 5 in 2024, that will be great but it may take until 2025 to reach the ultimate goal of final 4.

Penn State - we never saw anything of PSU's 5-star attack recruit last year - Matt Lazzaro. Perhaps he was red-shirting. This year PSU brings in IL's #7 recruit attackman Kyle Lehman - who was in the first wave of NB All-Americans.

Hopkins has 2 guys on the 3rd wave of NB All-Americans. Canadian lefty attackman Gabriel Sorichetti and defenseman Quintan Kilrain from Lawrenceville. Hopkins has 9 4-star recruits in their incoming class.

Michigan has 7 4-star recruits coming in including #22 Jackie Weller (FO), #26 Rowan Clay (D),
#36 CJ Reilly (M) and #38 Alex Lobel (A). Weller and Clay were in the 3rd wave of NB AAs. So Michigan could perhaps reload their 2-headed FO juggernaut.

UNC brings in IL's #4 recruit Owen Duffy (A), which with the return of Dom Pietramala jr could give them a pretty potent attack. They also bring in a top face-off man in #14 Brady Wambach.

Last edited:
Penn State - we never saw anything of PSU's 5-star attack recruit last year - Matt Lazzaro. Perhaps he was red-shirting. This year PSU brings in IL's #7 recruit attackman Kyle Lehman - who was in the first wave of NB All-Americans.

Hopkins has 2 guys on the 3rd wave of NB All-Americans. Canadian lefty attackman Gabriel Sorichetti and defenseman Quintan Kilrain from Lawrenceville. Hopkins has 9 4-star recruits in their incoming class.

Michigan has 7 4-star recruits coming in including #22 Jackie Weller (FO), #26 Rowan Clay (D),
#36 CJ Reilly (M) and #38 Alex Lobel (A). Weller and Clay were in the 3rd wave of NB AAs. So Michigan could perhaps reload their 2-headed FO juggernaut.

UNC brings in IL's #4 recruit Owen Duffy (A), which with the return of Dom Pietramala jr could give them a pretty potent attack. They also bring in a top face-off man in #14 Brady Wambach.

This is how the top classes look on the IL database, just ranked on "stars accumulated". I think Duke is under represented because they don't bring in a lot of guys, but the ones they do bring in are highly ranked (Benn Johnston #6, Mac Christmas #10, Tomas Delgado #13). Of course they lost out on McCabe Millon (#1) who flipped to UVA.

Looks like they have already updated this list once since they first published it (pretty sure Delgado was top 10). I'm sure the list will change again before they publish it for real and release their "Power 100" near the start of the season. Navy of course is the team that stands out given their recent history. Penn as well given that they don't typically rank in the top 5 recruiting classes. Syracuse recruits Trey Deere and Donny Scott come in at #18 and #23 which is around where they were ranked when the list initially came out two years ago.

1-t. Princeton - 44
1-t. Navy -44
3. UNC - 38
4. Penn 37
5. Johns Hopkins - 36
6. Brown 35
7t. Cornell -33
7t. Syracuse -33
7t. Virginia - 33
10. Duke - 31

This is how the top classes look on the IL database, just ranked on "stars accumulated". I think Duke is under represented because they don't bring in a lot of guys, but the ones they do bring in are highly ranked (Benn Johnston #6, Mac Christmas #10, Tomas Delgado #13). Of course they lost out on McCabe Millon (#1) who flipped to UVA.

Looks like they have already updated this list once since they first published it (pretty sure Delgado was top 10). I'm sure the list will change again before they publish it for real and release their "Power 100" near the start of the season. Navy of course is the team that stands out given their recent history. Penn as well given that they don't typically rank in the top 5 recruiting classes. Syracuse recruits Trey Deere and Donny Scott come in at #18 and #23 which is around where they were ranked when the list initially came out two years ago.

1-t. Princeton - 44
1-t. Navy -44
3. UNC - 38
4. Penn 37
5. Johns Hopkins - 36
6. Brown 35
7t. Cornell -33
7t. Syracuse -33
7t. Virginia - 33
10. Duke - 31
I guess with respect to next year's predictions, one would want to focus most strongly on the top guys. Although there usually are a fair number of misses. This can be particularly true with ssdms and defensemen, but Erksa at attack for Maryland was not a top 100 recruit last year

The NB All-American team is a more up-to-date recruit evaluation.

I guess with respect to next year's predictions, one would want to focus most strongly on the top guys. Although there usually are a fair number of misses. This can be particularly true with ssdms and defensemen, but Erksa at attack for Maryland was not a top 100 recruit last year

The NB All-American team is a more up-to-date recruit evaluation.
Erksa was a big whiff by IL. Believe they also had ssdm/two way guy McGuire for Duke around 50 which was far too low. Thought he was a top 10 freshman this year without question.

I was looking over the offenses of the top 4 Big Ten teams:

Scoring returning for PSU
Malone 39g-34a - 73 points; M.Traynor 32g-7a - 39pts; E.Long 17g-9a - 26pts; Jake Morin 11g-14a - 25pts; Mac Costin 16g-6a - 22 pts, Chris Jordan 12g-7a - 19 pts (10 games) ;; [ Sean Donnelly 33g-11a - 44 pts in 14 games at Bucknell]
------
Top offensive recruits: Kyle Lehman A #7 IL; Liam Mathews A (the Hiill) 4-star
Other: Matt Lazzaro, A - #18 recruit in 2022 - didn't play last season, Will Peden only 3 pts last year, after 33 pts his freshman year.

Scoring returning for UMD
Malever 26g-22a - 48pts (2022); Erksa 26g-22a - 48pts; Kelly 30g-8a - 38pts; Maltz 28g-10a - 38pts; J.Koras 21g-8a - 29 pts; Murphy 18g-9a - 27 pts; Spanos 18g-4a - 22pts, Whittier 11g-9a - 20pts (13 games), Brennan 7g-11a - 18 pts ;; [Griffin King 18g - 7a - 25 pts in 10 games at Brown]
-------
Top offensive recruits: Elijah Stobaugh M #24 IL; Thomas Gravino M #41 IL
Other: Aiden Aitken, M - #51 recruit in 2022 - red-shirted last season.

Scoring returning for Michigan
Boehm 45g-28a - 73pts; Ryan Cohen 17g-30a 57pts; Jackson 21g-1a - 22 pts, Mullholland 11g-6a - 17pts, Aronsoon 13g-3a - 16pts ;; [Justin Tiernan 46g-9a - 55 pts in 15 games at Lehigh] [Chris Ronda 21g-11a - 32 pts in 14 games at Princeton]
------
Top offensive recruits: CJ Reilly M CSH #36, A.Lobel A Roswell #38 IL
Other: Bo Lockwood #62 recruit in 2022 - played reserve minutes last year.

Scoring returning for Hopkins
Jacob Angelus 17g-44a - 61pts; Russell Melendez 37g-16a - 53pts; Matt Collison 26g-9a - 35pts; B.Grimes 20g-14a - 34pts;
Jonathon Peshko 16g-5a - 21pts; Dylan Bauer 9g-7a - 16pts;;
------
Top Offensive recruits: Hunter Chauvette A Lawrenceville #21 IL; Gabriel Sorichetti A Culver #31 IL; Jimmy Ayers A #34 IL
Other: Brooks English, M, #35 in IL 2022 - 11pts in parttime play.

While lacking the big scorer like TJ Malone, UMd has much better depth on offense than PSU. PSU needs its transfer Donelly or its young guns like Lehman or Lazarro to step up to fill in the offense. Michigan looks a little short on the offense without Zawada, although has 2 big scorers in Boehm and Cohen - and really need their transfers to step up. Similary, Hopkins has two big scorers and got an impact freshman year from Collison - still the depth looks a little shallow - and they need their young guys: English, Chauvette, Sorichetti to step up.

Offensive Potential:
1) Maryland - lots of depth, potential for Malever and Erksa to step things up
2) PSU - decent depth, top guy in Malone; like the potential of Lehman and Lazarro to step in
3) Hopkins - Angelus and Melendez lead the way, looking for 5th and 6th guy - but have good recruits showing up
4) Michigan - A bit short of depth. It doesn't look like they really have enough.
Michigan looks a full step behind the first three, who are relatively close.

Last edited:
I was looking over the offenses of the top 4 Big Ten teams:

Scoring returning for PSU
Malone 39g-34a - 73 points; M.Traynor 32g-7a - 39pts; E.Long 17g-9a - 26pts; Jake Morin 11g-14a - 25pts; Mac Costin 16g-6a - 22 pts, Chris Jordan 12g-7a - 19 pts (10 games) ;; [ Sean Donnelly 33g-11a - 44 pts in 14 games at Bucknell]
------
Top offensive recruits: Kyle Lehman A #7 IL; Liam Mathews A (the Hiill) 4-star
Other: Matt Lazzaro, A - #18 recruit in 2022 - didn't play last season, Will Peden only 3 pts last year, after 33 pts his freshman year.

Scoring returning for UMD
Malever 26g-22a - 48pts (2022); Erksa 26g-22a - 48pts; Kelly 30g-8a - 38pts; Maltz 28g-10a - 38pts; J.Koras 21g-8a - 29 pts; Murphy 18g-9a - 27 pts; Spanos 18g-4a - 22pts, Whittier 11g-9a - 20pts (13 games), Brennan 7g-11a - 18 pts ;; [Griffin King 18g - 7a - 25 pts in 10 games at Brown]
-------
Top offensive recruits: Elijah Stobaugh M #24 IL; Thomas Gravino M #41 IL
Other: Aiden Aitken, M - #51 recruit in 2022 - red-shirted last season.

Scoring returning for Michigan
Boehm 45g-28a - 73pts; Ryan Cohen 17g-30a 57pts; Jackson 21g-1a - 22 pts, Mullholland 11g-6a - 17pts, Aronsoon 13g-3a - 16pts ;; [Justin Tiernan 46g-9a - 55 pts in 15 games at Lehigh] [Chris Ronda 21g-11a - 32 pts in 14 games at Princeton]
------
Top offensive recruits: CJ Reilly M CSH #36, A.Lobel A Roswell #38 IL
Other: Bo Lockwood #62 recruit in 2022 - played reserve minutes last year.

Scoring returning for Hopkins
Jacob Angelus 17g-44a - 61pts; Russell Melendez 37g-16a - 53pts; Matt Collison 26g-9a - 35pts; B.Grimes 20g-14a - 34pts;
Jonathon Peshko 16g-5a - 21pts; Dylan Bauer 9g-7a - 16pts;;
------
Top Offensive recruits: Hunter Chauvette A Lawrenceville #21 IL; Gabriel Sorichetti A Culver #31 IL; Jimmy Ayers A #34 IL
Other: Brooks English, M, #35 in IL 2022 - 11pts in parttime play.

While lacking the big scorer like TJ Malone, UMd has much better depth on offense than PSU. PSU needs its transfer Donelly or its young guns like Lehman or Lazarro to step up to fill in the offense. Michigan looks a little short on the offense without Zawada, although has 2 big scorers in Boehm and Cohen - and really need their transfers to step up. Similary, Hopkins has two big scorers and got an impact freshman year from Collison - still the depth looks a little shallow - and they need their young guys: English, Chauvette, Sorichetti to step up.

Offensive Potential:
1) Maryland - lots of depth, potential for Malever and Erksa to step things up
2) PSU - decent depth, top guy in Malone; like the potential of Lehman and Lazarro to step in
3) Hopkins - Angelus and Melendez lead the way, looking for 5th and 6th guy - but have good recruits showing up
4) Michigan - A bit short of depth. It doesn't look like they really have enough.
Michigan looks a full step behind the first three, who are relatively close.
Now, you should do this for the ACC. You know, be a good guest.

Now, you should do this for the ACC. You know, be a good guest.
That would seem to be more of a host thing, given that Syracuse is in the ACC.

Looking at UVa on offense:

Connor Shellenberger 30g-54a - 84pts; Cormier 52g-12a - 64pts; Schutz 24g-16a - 40 pts; McIntosh 17g-9a - 26pts; XXGarno's gone 15g-4a - 19pts; Sunderland 9g-8a - 17 pts ;; [ Jack Boyden from Tufts, D3, 69g-88a - 157 pts]
------
Top Offensive Recruits: McCabe Millon A #1 IL; Wills Burt M Haverford #20
Other: Joey Terenzi M #15 IL in 2022 - redshirt; I believe Miezen has another year, not sure though. Thomas Menke, Ryan Colsey

Shellenberger and Cormier give UVa a really top 2-some on attack, but a little low on depth of returning scoring. This might be made up by the potential of Sunderland and Millon. Hard to know what to make of Boyden. I think in the end, that Tiffany will be looking for a natural midfielder to replace Connor, perhaps Terenzi.

Last edited:

Connor Shellenberger 30g-54a - 84pts; Cormier 52g-12a - 64pts; Schutz 24g-16a - 40 pts; McIntosh 17g-9a - 26pts; Garno 15g-4a - 19pts; Sunderland 9g-8a - 17 pts ;; [ Jack Boyden from Tufts, D3, 69g-88a - 157 pts]
------
Other: Joey Terenzi M #15 IL in 2022 - redshirt; I believe Miezen has another year, not sure though. Thomas Menke, Ryan Colsey

Shellenberger and Cormier give UVa a really top 2-some on attack, but a little low on depth of returning scoring. This might be made up by the potential of Sunderland and Millon. Hard to know what to make of Boyden. I think in the end, that Tiffany will be looking for a natural midfielder to replace Connor, perhaps Garno or Terenzi.
I bow to your expertise. And ambition.

Connor Shellenberger 30g-54a - 84pts; Cormier 52g-12a - 64pts; Schutz 24g-16a - 40 pts; McIntosh 17g-9a - 26pts; Garno 15g-4a - 19pts; Sunderland 9g-8a - 17 pts ;; [ Jack Boyden from Tufts, D3, 69g-88a - 157 pts]
------

Shellenberger and Cormier give UVa a really top 2-some on attack, but a little low on depth of returning scoring. This might be made up by the potential of Sunderland and Millon. Hard to know what to make of Boyden. I think in the end, that Tiffany will be looking for a natural midfielder to replace Connor, perhaps Garno or Terenzi.
garno's gone. i'm hoping cassese doesn't slow them down. they look like an easy 15-16 gpg game team otherwise. of course, new guys will determine that, too.

again, more concerned about the d in high stakes games.

Come on. The players make the coach at the end of the day. We have the talent to be successful at all facet of the game.
He has to be trolling. We will be fine.

I'm very much being sarcastic. I think we'll be better with whoever we get.

garno's gone. i'm hoping cassese doesn't slow them down. they look like an easy 15-16 gpg game team otherwise. of course, new guys will determine that, too.

again, more concerned about the d in high stakes games.
UVa might get to the 15-16 gpg mark. That sort of seems like the opimistic view, so I'm not sure it is easy.
Millon will probably do well, but will it be more of the 50pt well or 70pt very well. Sunderland will probably make a bigger contribution, but again how much bigger. Further one of those 2 probably will have to play midfield. Terenzi might do well, but this is also an unknown. Then there are of course, injuries.

Tiffany might well choose to slow them down. He has a lot of new faces on the offense. I'm not sure UVa's defensive midfield looks outstanding. I believe Zinn is gone. The 2 new face-off men's numbers make them look more like FOGOs than dynamic FOmen like LaSalla.

Cornell seems to have a 2024 roster up. They don't have any freshmen on it.

Most of their top scorers except Coyle are back. Michael Long only played 7 games last season (23pts), but is listed as a fifth year.

Incoming freshman Attackman Willem Firth, who is a 3rd wave NB All-American, has 55g-57a - 112 points for the Toronto Beaches in the OJLL. Firth is listed as a lefty, so it is hard to know if they could play him on attack with Kirst.

Cornell's goalie Ierlan headed off to some lowlife Baltimore school, but Cornell has goalie recruit Matt Tully in the NB AA game. Cornell also has an NB AA midfielder AJ Nikolic from Malvern Prep showing up, a 5-star recruit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom