2024 Salt City Pro Am League | Syracusefan.com

2024 Salt City Pro Am League

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Syracuse players JJ Starling (The Cuse Kings), Kyle Cuffe (Mindset & Fitness) and Lucas Taylor (Mindset & Fitness) and Eddie Lampkin (Monie All-Stars) are expected to play in the league, though they will not be available for the first couple weeks. SU’s compliance office said Orange players can’t make their league debuts until June 18.

Symir Torrence is playing for SAI Elite. Other names of note: Wichita State grad Quincy Ballard (Mindset & Fitness), Le Moyne’s Trevor Roe (94 Feet), Tyquan Rolon (Underdogs) and Will Amica (McChesney Kings), St. Bonaventure/Alabama’s Dom Welch (McChesney Kings) and Buffalo’s Maceo Jack (Cuse Kings).

This might be a stupid question but are the college players the pros or the amateurs?
I mean with them getting paid to play in college now, I'd say that's basically pros.

Jerry Seinfeld Reaction GIF

Anyone find the stream?

Anyone find the stream?
They are live on their Facebook page…

Eddie isn’t playing yet… maybe they are running behind.

Edit: I just saw in the comments that JJ and Eddie chose not to play because of the humidity of the court.

Out of curiosity, why are the cuse players all on different teams? Seems like this could have been an opportunity for a sort of version of Boeheim’s Army but more importantly, a chance for these future teammates to start playing together.

Out of curiosity, why are the cuse players all on different teams? Seems like this could have been an opportunity for a sort of version of Boeheim’s Army but more importantly, a chance for these future teammates to start playing together.

Might be an NCAA rule against it.

Otherwise, we'd just play in some Tavern League YMCA tournament.

Edit: I just saw in the comments that JJ and Eddie chose not to play because of the humidity of the court.
The venerable St. Joe's court isn't up to snuff?

Smart. No reason to risk injury.

Smart. No reason to risk injury.
Not to be an ass or anything, but from an NIL standpoint, what happens if one of these guys gets hurt playing in something like this?

If you pay an athlete X amount of money to play this upcoming season, and they hurt themselves in non university related activites beforehand, do you still owe them NIL?

Not to be an ass or anything, but from an NIL standpoint, what happens if one of these guys gets hurt playing in something like this?

If you pay an athlete X amount of money to play this upcoming season, and they hurt themselves in non university related activites beforehand, do you still owe them NIL?
I would assume so, they're not playing contracts and when they were signed I dont think they universities could be affiliated with NIL at all. Between the player and the other party, im assuming all of this throwing random stuff I remember reading.

You don’t pay an athlete X amount to play. You pay them in order to use their name, image, and likeness for marketing of public service type of events.

You don’t pay an athlete X amount to play. You pay them in order to use their name, image, and likeness for marketing of public service type of events.
Ahh good point.

But still... lol

They didn't play because of the conditions of the Court

I thought that facility was air conditioned. There weren’t many in the CYO league that were, but I think that was since it was a newer facility back in the 90’s.

Well then contracts with clauses will be next. All it’ll take is the first player getting a season ending injury in one of these or other non “sanctioned” events and it’s a wrap. Too much $ at stake

Well then contracts with clauses will be next. All it’ll take is the first player getting a season ending injury in one of these or other non “sanctioned” events and it’s a wrap. Too much $ at stake
So if Aaron Rogers blows out his Achilles, you think his sponsors get out of paying him?